Franks, once you get the final price quote, could you ask Skoa to provide payment details/instructions? We should place this order by the end of the week
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/17/17 at 11:16am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Yesterday at 6:52 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 122post #1816 of 1930910/8/12 at 12:11pmpost #1817 of 1930910/8/12 at 12:15pmQuote:
Don´t worry. These questions have already been up and the info is coming as soon as i have it. First i want the price. Don´t want to send out info before the dead line is quite near, otherwise i have to say the same thing 1000 times because people doesn´t read the thread more than 2 post backpost #1818 of 1930910/9/12 at 12:28am
Whew, the new semester has been keeping me busy, but I finally caught up with the last ~6 weeks worth of this thread. A few things:
Frank, I PMd you about those MTO shell boots. I'm loving them so far.
How does Oscar fit? Should we adjust our sizing at all from other Carmina lasts?
Finally, with regard to Carmina's higher prices: Econ 101, folks. Literally. Carmina knows they have a competitively priced product, and while it would be nice of them to not raise their prices, that's simply not reasonable, considering that Carmina is a business, and that their higher prices can *still* compete with more expensive brands. And considering the very reasonable requirement of 6 pairs to have the MTO fee waived, I think a lot of guys are overreacting to the price hike. It's not ideal by any means, but it's still fair.post #1819 of 1930910/9/12 at 12:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Frank the sheep
Don´t worry. These questions have already been up and the info is coming as soon as i have it. First i want the price. Don´t want to send out info before the dead line is quite near, otherwise i have to say the same thing 1000 times because people doesn´t read the thread more than 2 post back
any answer? im losing sleep here of the fear ill go barefoot tomorrowpost #1820 of 1930910/9/12 at 1:12ampost #1821 of 1930910/9/12 at 10:36ampost #1822 of 1930910/9/12 at 12:19pmI got hit with duty and fees on two pairs purchased directly from Carmina and shipped via DHL to my office in California. DHL paid the duty and billed me. I have only briefly reviewed the Customs website about this issue, but it seems to me that this should have been exempt from duty because of the dollar value and because the shoes are for personal use. I haven't yet spoken to DHL, but I suspect that I will have to pay them and then try to get the money back from Customs. Has anyone attempted that? Thanks!post #1823 of 1930910/9/12 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
I got hit with duty and fees on two pairs purchased directly from Carmina and shipped via DHL to my office in California. DHL paid the duty and billed me. I have only briefly reviewed the Customs website about this issue, but it seems to me that this should have been exempt from duty because of the dollar value and because the shoes are for personal use. I haven't yet spoken to DHL, but I suspect that I will have to pay them and then try to get the money back from Customs. Has anyone attempted that? Thanks!
I'm sure DHL won't fight it for you, but where do you conclude that duties aren't owed on personal use items? I'm fairly sure that's not the case.post #1824 of 1930910/9/12 at 12:35pmI'm not sure I understand the fees very well. I ordered a pair of Meermin shoes that were sent via FedEx and I did not get hit with fees. Albeit these shoes were a ready made pair without a huge price tag. I ordered a pair of MTO Carminas (in shell cordovan with shoe trees) and these were sent via DHL. The price on these were pretty high but I still did not get hit with duties. I know others have had to pay but i've been lucky. I'm not sure why some get hit and others do not. There seems to be no consistent answer.post #1825 of 1930910/9/12 at 12:39pmpost #1826 of 1930910/9/12 at 12:55pmQuote:
Sorry if it wasn't clear, I meant that I would have to pay DHL and then I would have to try to get it back from Customs. It would be nice if DHL would do it, but I certainly don't expect that to happen.
I don't have the links handy, but several of Customs' own pages suggest that internet orders for apparel for personal use should be exempt. Some suggest and $800 cap; others don't. The invoice I received from DHL also cites an HTS Code (6403.99.9071) for "Footwear With Outer Soles Of Rubber, Plastics Or Composition Leather And Uppers Of Leather, Valued Over $2.50 Per Pair, For Girls, Nesoi." That's obviously an error. Getting it assigned a proper HTS Code could result in the duty still being owed, but maybe I'll get it refunded.post #1827 of 1930910/9/12 at 4:11pmNow we have things confirmed regarding the shell MTO.
- Price 5800 SEK with VAT (4640 SEK without)
- If you buy MTO you can buy shoe trees for 500 SEK with VAT (400 SEK without)
- Shipping will be 300 SEK outside sweden.
- Time to produce, 3 month give or take.
Deadline is still friday 12/10, 00:00 CET. PM me for details regarding payment etc.post #1828 of 1930910/9/12 at 7:43pmpost #1829 of 1930910/9/12 at 8:28pmDear SF,
Please atleast try using google and should you find something, please post it here.
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/carmina?before=1348056103post #1830 of 1930910/9/12 at 9:01pm
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Natural Shell Cordovan and Snuff Suede Eagle Country... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...