They probably try to make what sells fast so that they don't have a lot of working capital tied up in inventory.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 10/13/16 at 5:50am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Yesterday at 7:40 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1209post #18121 of 184408/4/16 at 3:23pmpost #18122 of 184408/4/16 at 3:27pmpost #18123 of 184408/4/16 at 7:13pmAs much as I love my Carminas, there is no excuse for poor service.
They've been consistently notorious for spotty communication and customer service, especially regarding their online store and MTO process.
Luckily I know my size and last preference and can buy online with no issues, but I cannot defend them whenever I hear the horror stories from others. I hope they can address this part of their business so they can truly become a world-class company - they make amazing shoes!post #18124 of 184408/5/16 at 2:31ampost #18125 of 184408/5/16 at 3:36ampost #18126 of 184408/5/16 at 3:57amQuote:I have them rather stay as a family business and have communication directly with the owners, than they go Allen Edmonds style on us where quality control and other problems start arising because of corporate interest.
It's one of the main reason why I am attracted to Carmina is because the personal touch they provide.
Edited by vmss - 8/5/16 at 4:22ampost #18127 of 184408/5/16 at 4:31amDoes the Edward Green flagship have every last in every size to try on? GG does, and they dedicated a portion of their store just for that purpose.
It seems like this is more of an ideal when it comes to high end shoes than a basic requirement.
Carmina also exploded solely because of online sales and not because suddenly people started showing up at their storefronts in Spain! Why invest money there when online is bringing higher returns?post #18128 of 184408/5/16 at 5:17am
I don't know how the service is all over the world but in Germany you can just call a company and ask them to ship 5 pairs or more in specific sizes to a shop in your area just for fitting purposes.
I also wouldn't ask Betty for specific Models if I went to Singapore. But we are going to Palma! How difficult is it to simply send 4-5 Pairs over there? Holy crap, I actually just noticed that their Head-Office is in Inca, which is Mallorca already. I guess their Factory is there too?! Google tells me its a 30 minutes drive :D
Moreover it should be pretty obvious why I want to try out specific lasts while being on holidays there. I want to make sure they fit great so I can order them online in the near future. In the end those stores are made for customers to go there and check out if those lasts fit well or not.post #18129 of 184408/5/16 at 5:33ampost #18130 of 184408/5/16 at 6:20amTo those who are frustrated with their shortcomings in customer service and egregious errors and oversights that they have committed in the past regarding MTO's, I hear you and think your grievances are generally legitimate.
All i'm saying is that they have people on reddit lining up to buy shoes that have not even been made yet while taking a stab in the dark on sizing. When they have plenty of customers in this category, I think they don't really care to bother with helping one prospective buyer narrow in on his size if it will take special efforts.
Some may respond, "okay, not saying they need to make special efforts, just have enough shoes in your own stores for people to try on!" and i don't disagree. But I think the reason why they don't have more of the sizing/last spectrum available in their stores goes back to my previous post. Make what sells fast, and if it's sold, it isn't in a store for someone to try on.post #18131 of 184408/5/16 at 7:13ampost #18132 of 184408/5/16 at 8:03ampost #18133 of 184408/5/16 at 8:04ampost #18134 of 184408/5/16 at 8:10ampost #18135 of 184408/5/16 at 8:12amQuote:
No worries. In my experience, Alden's customer service is excellent. People often conflate Alden's somewhat enigmatic corporate "personality" and long lead times with poor customer service. I, for one, have never had an issue with Alden - they have always made things right, and quickly. I have not had the same positive experiences with other shoemakers (except Allen Edmonds, which is truly exceptional in this regard).
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 31 minutes ago
- › British shaving brush makers 36 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...