or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1208

post #18106 of 18832
https://instagram.com/p/BA6LZvBLlP3/

Not sure how much this helps.. Tabacco chukkas > snuff loafers > navy loafers
post #18107 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post
 

Please go to a retailer, who has different carmina lasts. Or order at least the general ones to see which fits the best for you.

 

I have wasted a lot of money on buying and selling a few carminas and C&J. Don't make the same mistake. I don't really get how there are so many people who are wearing Rain, Simpson and all the other lasts. To me there is a huge difference between all of them. I mean I can wear Rain and Ueatam as well as Llubi and Oscar. But after finding Forest they all just fit poorly compared to Forest. Of course I can still wear them all, however you keep on noticing how there is slippage here and there.

 

Especially, because you are willing to spend roughly 400+ on shoes and Carmina offers so many lasts it is important to go for the best right away.

 

We completely agree. In fact we believe the best approach is to find the makers and lasts that fit your feet the best then worry about the style of the shoes. Personally I own the Inca, Simpson, and Soller. All things considered Inca fits me the best though there is a point to be made that not every style is made on one last. 

post #18108 of 18832

photo IMG_0836_zpswy1whhrd.jpg

 

Carmina Cognac Long Wings on Detroit Last

 

Happy Thursday!

post #18109 of 18832

Carmina Mailing

Extra 25% off  outlet, Code: OUTLET25

post #18110 of 18832

 

suede longwings from the outlet!

post #18111 of 18832




My loafer collection:



I just received these tassel loafers in Bering suede from the outlet. I live in southern Caribbean summer weather all year long and these fit perfect. They are fairly unique and look even better in person.
Edited by vmss - 7/29/16 at 10:30am
post #18112 of 18832
post #18113 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post





My loafer collection:



I just received these tassel loafers in Bering suede from the outlet. I live in southern Caribbean summer weather all year long and these fit perfect. They are fairly unique and look even better in person.

Looks great!
post #18114 of 18832

Is Carmina closed for summer holiday?

 

No response on email for three days, and my outlet order was not send yet (placed the order on the 28 of july) :(

post #18115 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern-swede View Post
 

Is Carmina closed for summer holiday?

 

No response on email for three days, and my outlet order was not send yet (placed the order on the 28 of july) :(


Yes, they are off from Aug 1, for maybe week or two.

post #18116 of 18832
Its fairly frustrating how its impossible for the Palma Store to have a few models in specific sizes for fitting purposes.

I emailed Betty and her response is that they are on holidays, the Store itself does not respond at all.

I purchased 3 Pairs in the past 2 months and my cordovan order is in production. Pretty terrible customer support in my opinion.
post #18117 of 18832
I purchased 4 pairs last three months and Betty gave me great customer service and all the shoes arrived in mint condition. I have no complaints.

Give them a break they also need to take a vacation. They are always on break during this time of the year, that is why I made sure I ordered my shoes on time.
post #18118 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post

I purchased 4 pairs last three months and Betty gave me great customer service and all the shoes arrived in mint condition. I have no complaints.

Give them a break they also need to take a vacation. They are always on break during this time of the year, that is why I made sure I ordered my shoes on time.

I do not mean an order via shipping. I will be in Mallorca for holidays and would like to visit its local store to try out the other lasts. Her response was basically to go there and see what they have. I guess I might get lucky given I am wearing just the standard 10.5 UK, but what if you needed 12 or 13? They probably have it in their factory and should be able to send it to that store for you to try them out.

She also pretty much just said that the Palma store doesnt have anything on the Robert last for example.

I think a manufacturer like Carmina should be able to have every single last in a wide range of sizes available in their own shops.
post #18119 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post

I do not mean an order via shipping. I will be in Mallorca for holidays and would like to visit its local store to try out the other lasts. Her response was basically to go there and see what they have. I guess I might get lucky given I am wearing just the standard 10.5 UK, but what if you needed 12 or 13? They probably have it in their factory and should be able to send it to that store for you to try them out.

She also pretty much just said that the Palma store doesnt have anything on the Robert last for example.

I think a manufacturer like Carmina should be able to have every single last in a wide range of sizes available in their own shops.

I don't think it makes much sense from a business stand point to carry lasts that don't sell well. Maybe the Robert last is not that popular or in high demand like others lasts.
post #18120 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post


I don't think it makes much sense from a business stand point to carry lasts that don't sell well. Maybe the Robert last is not that popular or in high demand like others lasts.

 

Couldn't disagree more. They're a retail storefront for what in non-SF-bubble reality is a small shoe brand. They ought to carry every option for a customer to try on, and potentially buy immediately or place an MTO order. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)