or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1207

post #18091 of 18101

If anyone from Singapore is interested to buy a pair of single monk on antiqued brown calf on Simpson last, size UK 9, please PM me. Thanks.

 

 

This is how it looks like.

 

http://www.instagram.com/p/BIQ8OB_Dx4T/

post #18092 of 18101

Has anyone had experience with the new US Carmina website and the flat rate $35 returns? 

post #18093 of 18101

I purchased a pair from there about 1-2 weeks after the site started up. When I wanted to return something, they requested I send it back to Spain on my dime ($50-60, took about 6 weeks to get a refund after it being delivered approximately 5 weeks later). I didn't push back - maybe if I had they would've sent me the FedEx label. YMMV or things may have changed since it's inception. 

post #18094 of 18101
Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post


Ha, we are going to Mallorca for holidays as well, my wife actually wanted Greece. But meh, in Palma is a Carmina store so I finally get to try all the lasts 👍

I guess their prices will be the same as the ones on the website but perhaps they have more outlet models there?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeToledo View Post
 

Prices in their palma store? Going there in a week and would like to know what to expect.

the Prices are a little bit cheaper than the carmina website, :) 

post #18095 of 18101
Quote:
Originally Posted by moixet View Post

the Prices are a little bit cheaper than the carmina website, smile.gif 

Oh boy, not sure my wife is gonna like that biggrin.gif

Should I email their store about my specific size, 10.5 UK and the lasts I wanna try, or do they pretty much have anything any time in the store anyway?
post #18096 of 18101

Hi, everyone! Any sizing or general advice for someone looking to 'upgrade' to Carmina for the first time? I'm still somewhat fresh out of school (and student budgets haha) but have been working for a while saving up for a really quality pair.

 

My only reference atm for a decent fit would be my Meermins in UK7 (Hiro, Elton), and I was thinking of getting something maybe in the Rain last. Appreciate any advice, thanks! 

post #18097 of 18101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelu View Post

Hi, everyone! Any sizing or general advice for someone looking to 'upgrade' to Carmina for the first time? I'm still somewhat fresh out of school (and student budgets haha) but have been working for a while saving up for a really quality pair.

My only reference atm for a decent fit would be my Meermins in UK7 (Hiro, Elton), and I was thinking of getting something maybe in the Rain last. Appreciate any advice, thanks! 

I'm UK7 in Hiro. UK7 also in Rain and Detroit and UK7.5 in Simpson and Alcudia. Good luck.
post #18098 of 18101

I hope it's ok to post this here in the Carmina thread - I think it may be of interest to some of the folks here:

 

Limited Opportunity to join current MTO for the iconic LINDRICK Boot.  

 

c7f57000_LindrickwRRLChino.jpeg

photo credit: @NAMOR

 

This MTO is days away from going into production. There was a last minute pull out.  First come first serve.  

 

Here are the specs:

 

Crockett and Jones

325 Last

Dark Brown Shell Cordovan (color may be darker than photo above, as there are variations in C&J's / Horween's brown shell)

Double Leather Sole

Storm Welt

Dark Antique Sole Edging

All Eyelets

Price: 583.36 GBP + 30 GBP for US shipping.  The total including shipping comes to approximately $800 with the current favorable exchange rate.  This is a bargain for a boot that would sell for $1000+ if it was being sold here in the USA.

 

Please PM me if you want to join.

post #18099 of 18101

anyone care to comment how big the difference is between tobacco suede and snuff suede?  i cant tell the difference in online pics

post #18100 of 18101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelu View Post
 

Hi, everyone! Any sizing or general advice for someone looking to 'upgrade' to Carmina for the first time? I'm still somewhat fresh out of school (and student budgets haha) but have been working for a while saving up for a really quality pair.

 

My only reference atm for a decent fit would be my Meermins in UK7 (Hiro, Elton), and I was thinking of getting something maybe in the Rain last. Appreciate any advice, thanks! 

Please go to a retailer, who has different carmina lasts. Or order at least the general ones to see which fits the best for you.

 

I have wasted a lot of money on buying and selling a few carminas and C&J. Don't make the same mistake. I don't really get how there are so many people who are wearing Rain, Simpson and all the other lasts. To me there is a huge difference between all of them. I mean I can wear Rain and Ueatam as well as Llubi and Oscar. But after finding Forest they all just fit poorly compared to Forest. Of course I can still wear them all, however you keep on noticing how there is slippage here and there.

 

Especially, because you are willing to spend roughly 400+ on shoes and Carmina offers so many lasts it is important to go for the best right away.

post #18101 of 18101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooksb View Post


I'm UK7 in Hiro. UK7 also in Rain and Detroit and UK7.5 in Simpson and Alcudia. Good luck.

 

Thanks, will keep that in mind when I get down to ordering!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post
 

Please go to a retailer, who has different carmina lasts. Or order at least the general ones to see which fits the best for you.

 

I have wasted a lot of money on buying and selling a few carminas and C&J. Don't make the same mistake. I don't really get how there are so many people who are wearing Rain, Simpson and all the other lasts. To me there is a huge difference between all of them. I mean I can wear Rain and Ueatam as well as Llubi and Oscar. But after finding Forest they all just fit poorly compared to Forest. Of course I can still wear them all, however you keep on noticing how there is slippage here and there.

 

Especially, because you are willing to spend roughly 400+ on shoes and Carmina offers so many lasts it is important to go for the best right away.

 

Solid advice. I'll make it a point to do this. Fortunately, it seems like Carmina has their own store in Singapore so it won't be too much of a hassle to pop by and try a few different lasts. Thanks, and cheers!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)