Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1197post #17941 of 188546/19/16 at 7:34ampost #17942 of 188546/19/16 at 10:34ampost #17943 of 188546/19/16 at 11:38am
I have a high instep, and the Rain last fits me pretty well. The same size as Rain in the Inca last fits well length & width-wise, but is too tight in the instep (had to get them stretched).
Has anyone with a high instep try sizing up 1/2 size for the Simpson last, or will the Simpson last just not work at all for those with high insteps?post #17944 of 188546/20/16 at 4:05pm
Theres an open GMTO for a tobacco suede wholecut chelsea on rain through Skoak for anyone interested:
post #17945 of 188546/20/16 at 7:34pmpost #17946 of 188546/21/16 at 6:06pm
- Wholecut Chelsea Boot 80514
- Rain last
- Tobacco Suede
- Dark brown elastics & pull tab
- Tomir rubber sole
- Mid brown sole edge
- Red lining
I have two questions about the 80105 Simpson oxford semi-brogue captoe in tan calf, currently on sale at The Armoury:
(1) Is the Simpson last narrower in the toes than the following shoe?
I'm wearing the Grenson Matthew (207 last, F fitting) in the pictures above, which has a much too rounded toe for my liking--it looks stubby and inelegant, to me. So I'm hoping that the 80105 on the Simpson last is sleeker, more elegant, and more tapered at the toe.
(2) Does anyone have additional pictures of the tan calf color? It looks beautiful on The Armoury's website, but I'm interested in seeing some real-world, naturally-lit pictures. Specifically, I'm hoping it matches well with blue or navy slacks.
Thanks immensely! Hoping to pick up my very first pear of Goodyear-welted shoes.
(I'm also cross-shopping the Meermin 101513 on the Olfe last, so please excuse my cross-post in the Carmina thread.)post #17947 of 188546/21/16 at 6:10pmpost #17948 of 188546/21/16 at 6:11pmpost #17949 of 188546/21/16 at 7:30pmpost #17950 of 188546/22/16 at 8:19am
Simpson has a more chiseled toebox compared to your photo above but like @dalevy noted, it is a narrow last. Most folks size up a half from Rain/Forest becuase of the width and/or chiseled toebox. I believe Grenson's F width is standard so you would be likely be a half size up. I would still find a way to try on the Simpson last before buying though.post #17951 of 188546/22/16 at 8:21amQuote:
Just visited and there are 2 MTOs shown upon clicking the MTO header. If you don't see the headers, then I'm guessing there's some issue with your browser settings.post #17952 of 188546/22/16 at 8:52ampost #17953 of 188546/22/16 at 9:03ampost #17954 of 188546/22/16 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by bsarosi
Simpson has a more chiseled toebox compared to your photo above but like @dalevy noted, it is a narrow last. Most folks size up a half from Rain/Forest becuase of the width and/or chiseled toebox. I believe Grenson's F width is standard so you would be likely be a half size up. I would still find a way to try on the Simpson last before buying though.
Thanks! Yes, my plan was to size up half a size from the Grensons in the pictures. Also, any idea how the Simpson last compares to the Inca? I am newly becoming interested in the 80251 semi-brogue oxfords in tanned vegano.post #17955 of 188546/22/16 at 9:55amQuote:Originally Posted by SklounstDraxxer
Thanks! Yes, my plan was to size up half a size from the Grensons in the pictures. Also, any idea how the Simpson last compares to the Inca? I am newly becoming interested in the 80251 semi-brogue oxfords in tanned vegano.
I just tried on an 8.5uk in simpson and it's probably too big. i think i'm going to return and get a size 8uk, which is also the size i would take for rain (which is too big in the heel for me).
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › 370g Classic Navy Chalk Stripe Fox Flannel 3.5 metres, with EMS 22 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 23 minutes ago
- › 290g Fine Grey Worsted Fox Flannel 3.5 yards, EMS included 30 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 31 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...