or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1192

post #17866 of 19281

Does anyone know who produces the socks for Carmina? I received a pair and they are slipping quite a bit. Given they are made in Italy my first guess was Sozzi or Bresciani. However, I have Sozzi and they seem to hold way better throughout the day.

post #17867 of 19281
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Mine just arrived, so two weeks on the dot.
Got my shoes three weeks ago. Today in my email is the shipping notification. Which links to the Spanish language FedEx page. *shrug* The shoes are fantastic, not sure they have the e-commerce aspect fully figured out.
post #17868 of 19281
Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post
 

Does anyone know who produces the socks for Carmina? I received a pair and they are slipping quite a bit. Given they are made in Italy my first guess was Sozzi or Bresciani. However, I have Sozzi and they seem to hold way better throughout the day.

I think Bresciani

post #17869 of 19281
Quote:
Originally Posted by moixet View Post
 

I think Bresciani

Yep, Carmina confirmed it. I wonder why they dont hold as well as Sozzi...

 

Could anyone explain where the instep of those shoes exactly is?

 

I have the Norwegian on Forest and received a Monk on Uetam today. The Uetam is clearly wider but feels much tigher around my big toe. I have marked two areas. Is it the green or the blue one?

 

On the other two pictures of the shoes (taken from the side) you can clearly see how slim the Monk.

 

 

post #17870 of 19281
Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post
 

Yep, Carmina confirmed it. I wonder why they dont hold as well as Sozzi...

 

Could anyone explain where the instep of those shoes exactly is?

 

I have the Norwegian on Forest and received a Monk on Uetam today. The Uetam is clearly wider but feels much tigher around my big toe. I have marked two areas. Is it the green or the blue one?

 

On the other two pictures of the shoes (taken from the side) you can clearly see how slim the Monk.

 

 

 

The instep is the Green box where the laces are.

post #17871 of 19281

Thanks for the feedback.

 

How would you discribe the toe box of both shoes? The Norwegian seems to have a "higher" toe box, if that makes sense?!

 

Other than that, I am wondering if its worth to try the Robert Last? Forest fits almost perfectly, but Robert seems a bit more narrow?!

post #17872 of 19281

Gents, 

 

Last price drops on my UK7 Carminas!

post #17873 of 19281
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post

Planning to purchase a Carmina double monk. Which of these two monks do you guys think looks better? Both last fits me well.

The Simpson

Or inca


The Inca is more of an almond shape and is very symmetrical whereas the Simpson's toe box is less pointy if you will and is less symmetrical in shape when viewed from above. Viewed individually both lasts look great but when you compare them side by side they are quite different. You are lucky that both last fits you well because personally the Inca fits my feet better even though I sized up half for the Simpson. My advice is to get the Simpson if you want a sleeker looking pair of shoes and the Inca for something more timeless and slightly more casual. 

post #17874 of 19281
PSA Tobox in PHL has a steal right now on 2 last pairs of shell. Please snag these.
https://instagram.com/p/BGcsBfkQOKE/
post #17875 of 19281
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa kot View Post
 

What's options does Carmina offer for re-crafting?

I spoke with Ms. Betty at the factory today.  Good news; they resole your shoes for 150€ (no shell) and 200€ (JR shell).  Send them to her attention at Carminashoemaker, Calle Berenguer 60. 2º. CP. 07300.  Inca. Mallorca. Spain. Hope this help.

 

Love the Rayder last (very comfortable at the vamp and toe areas).

 

post #17876 of 19281
First extended wear of Simpson cognac shell wingtips.

post #17877 of 19281

Those are beautiful!  Congrats

post #17878 of 19281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

PSA Tobox in PHL has a steal right now on 2 last pairs of shell. Please snag these.
https://instagram.com/p/BGcsBfkQOKE/

I am trying to contact the seller, no reply so far

post #17879 of 19281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmenco View Post
 

I am trying to contact the seller, no reply so far

 

PM'd you his info.

post #17880 of 19281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

PM'd you his info.

because God forbid they would have a webiste...........
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)