Well this is my experience; In 2005 I bought a pair of Carmina calf that costed me 310 € and a pair of Carmina shell that cost me 490 €. Same shoes cost us now 385 € and 690 €. I am comparing shell Vs. calf price increase.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/17/17 at 11:16am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Yesterday at 1:13 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1180post #17686 of 192735/19/16 at 4:50ampost #17687 of 192735/19/16 at 4:56amQuote:Originally Posted by justonemore
Shell is amazing when it comes to taking punishment and bouncing back...My daughter put a 3 inch scratch right on the toe of my EG Newmarkets in calf ....and I can't work the F'ing thing out to save my life...had they been shell a bit of time with a deer bone/spoon and brush would have worked it right out....and despite the difference in opinion on the matter...shell is most often my go to for rain and poor weather.
I am one of those too that wear shell for bad weather or in poor conditions, even with leather soles.post #17688 of 192735/19/16 at 5:05amQuote:
Yikes....but still... only a 200 euro increase over 11 years...and the price is pretty close to what Alden is demanding...but indeed...the increase is still more than twice the increase of calf...but....Is this not more of a Carmina "growing into themselves" thing? We've see a lot of price fluctuations from these guys as they have grown from a small family business to a large unorganized family business that is new(er) to the international market. In Feb 2015 I paid 400 Euros for a pair of Carmina shell double monks and a shell perf. cap-toe bal....and 250 Euros for a few pair of calf (both on sale of course).
Alden & AE calf have gone up proportionately to their shell if I'm not mistaken. .
Edited by justonemore - 5/19/16 at 5:25ampost #17689 of 192735/19/16 at 5:07amQuote:Thanks! It's the 10080 in cognac shell on the Simpson. It was in the outlet for awhile, and I couldn't stand not owning it after a couple weeks.Originally Posted by coolarrow
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) What shoe is this? Looks great! Mto?
I also bought shoe trees, and I'm sure this is old hat to most of you, but wow! They fit the shoe so much better than AE trees do. At 2-3 times the price, but considering they're included in the price of non-outlet purchases, Carmina becomes a troublingly value-laden purchase. Not to mention the nicer shoe bags.post #17690 of 192735/19/16 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Watchman1
Thanks my friend.
Here is one of my more recent acquisitions:
Exquisite? Absolutely, Yes.
These are one of my all time favorites. And to think that some dear chap had them collecting dust in his closet...
It is also interesting to note that I recently went through a period whereby I became a bit disenchanted with my shoes and boots. After much reflection, I concluded that I felt a certain sense of fulfillment and completion. This was due, in part, to my having procured some of the rarest and most beautiful designs that are available.
So now, I am just patiently gathering together some of the most rare and fascinating shell cordovan boots and shoes that I can find.
I really enjoy the ability to custom design my own models based upon my own conceptions.
You have to watch out for watchman...He's one of those silent collectors that probably has more shoes than even the hardest of the hard core collectors here.......
Nice boots by the way my friend....We should put together a little groups photo thread just to see exactly how amazing some of these collections are....post #17691 of 192735/19/16 at 5:39ampost #17692 of 192735/19/16 at 5:40amQuote:Originally Posted by justonemore
You have to watch out for watchman...He's one of those silent collectors that probably has more shoes than even the hardest of the hard core collectors here.... ...
Nice boots by the way my friend....We should put together a little groups photo thread just to see exactly how amazing some of these collections are....
He also seems to do a fair amount of catch and release, so I think his rotation will probably be pared down to only the most awesome pairs.
Yes, let's see a family collection photo
Or slideshow.post #17693 of 192735/19/16 at 6:34amQuote:Originally Posted by naspratt
Thanks! It's the 10080 in cognac shell on the Simpson. It was in the outlet for awhile, and I couldn't stand not owning it after a couple weeks.
I also bought shoe trees, and I'm sure this is old hat to most of you, but wow! They fit the shoe so much better than AE trees do. At 2-3 times the price, but considering they're included in the price of non-outlet purchases, Carmina becomes a troublingly value-laden purchase. Not to mention the nicer shoe bags.
<Nervously checks the outlet page...whew! Nothing in my size>post #17694 of 192735/19/16 at 6:59am
Perhaps the greatest benefit of my sartorial exploits is the privilege of conversing with like-minded men all over the world such as yourselves.
I feel a certain sense of responsibility to; "Catch Up" on my posts. I had been overwhelmed with work until only very recently.
Thanks.post #17695 of 192735/19/16 at 2:06pmpost #17696 of 192735/22/16 at 6:53pmpost #17697 of 192735/22/16 at 7:05pmpost #17698 of 192735/22/16 at 8:25pmpost #17699 of 192735/23/16 at 1:29ampost #17700 of 192735/23/16 at 6:27am
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › What Leather Jacket is Juan Mata wearing? 12 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 25 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 25 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...