or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1176

post #17626 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post
 


I think yes there is.  If I'm not mistaken, the same style on two different lasts would each have separate model numbers.  If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

The model that I have has the number 1-234 and 10003 with the latter referring to the model no. I guess. Does the former number say anything about the last?

post #17627 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks @watchman1.
Those lwb look great. The cognac on the Norwegian ST appears to be darker on the Carmina website. It looks almost burnished:



Do you think it's just the lighting or did they perhaps make these using a darker shade?

 

 

IME, all the shades from Horween have grown increasingly more dark over the last several years.  

 

If you notice Dr. Peppers cognac PTB above, that is actually a good shade.  "Middle of the Road" Cognac shell.

 

My LWB are definitely on the darker side.  And that is Ok.

 

I prefer lighter, however, a good variation gives you more flexibility and variety in your wardrobe and pairing options.

 

What you may consider is to pick those NST up and then patiently search for your ideal shade.

 

That is my plan at this point.

 

Thanks.

post #17628 of 18822

For the record, I think the shade on those NST's is gorgeous....

post #17629 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

For the record, I think the shade on those NST's is gorgeous....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

IME, all the shades from Horween have grown increasingly more dark over the last several years.  

If you notice Dr. Peppers cognac PTB above, that is actually a good shade.  "Middle of the Road" Cognac shell.

My LWB are definitely on the darker side.  And that is Ok.

I prefer lighter, however, a good variation gives you more flexibility and variety in your wardrobe and pairing options.

What you may consider is to pick those NST up and then patiently search for your ideal shade.

That is my plan at this point.

Thanks.

Thanks. I actually prefer darker cognac, so if the color on the website is accurate, these will be perfect for me!!
post #17630 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronecessitate View Post
 

The model that I have has the number 1-234 and 10003 with the latter referring to the model no. I guess. Does the former number say anything about the last?


Apparently not, since I can find that model number made on at least 4 different lasts.  Maybe post a pic and we'll do our best to identify the last by appearance, or at least rule some of them out.

post #17631 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

My Carmina and Alden cordovan LWBs seem to be similar in weight. Carmina uses a steel shank as well.

Are you sure of that?

 

.

 

Those pics have been taken in the store.  I do not know whether they continue to use those materials or not (do not think so).

 

Maybe Carmina can offer an explanation here.

post #17632 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post



Thanks. I actually prefer darker cognac, so if the color on the website is accurate, these will be perfect for me!!

 

I noticed that directly before restocking the cognac shell items (double monks and LWBs), the image colors were updated to be darker and redder than previous.

 

I cannot speak to if the hides are a darker, redder shade - just that their online representation is.  This image is from the Navy LWB MTO (they didn't do a mock-up in navy, just used the "old" cognac as a model):

 

 

 

vs the updated color:

 

 

(edited bc original images were "uuuuge.")

post #17633 of 18822

I just took delivery of a pair of Cognac shell LWBs, and they are significantly darker and redder than my Cognac wingtips from 2014/2015. The website photo of them is accurate.

post #17634 of 18822
Wow interesting cross-section. I believe I read an AMA or interview or some other social media post with Mr. Albaladejo stating that steel shanks were used. It is possible that I'm remembering incorrectly or mixing up with a different shoemaker.

Pending clarification I will stand corrected.
post #17635 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Wow interesting cross-section. I believe I read an AMA or interview or some other social media post with Mr. Albaladejo stating that steel shanks were used. It is possible that I'm remembering incorrectly or mixing up with a different shoemaker.

Pending clarification I will stand corrected.

Yes, may be someone with due knowledge can chime in. I do not even think they continue to use that canvas strip.....

post #17636 of 18822

@mosy, I purchased (and had to return for sizing issue) the cognac NST last year in September. Here are couple of pics I took at the time and should give good idea on the color-

 

 

 

 

post #17637 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

I just took delivery of a pair of Cognac shell LWBs, and they are significantly darker and redder than my Cognac wingtips from 2014/2015. The website photo of them is accurate.

 

In the wild photos of this new shell color would be very much appreciated.

post #17638 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkebh979 View Post
 

 

In the wild photos of this new shell color would be very much appreciated.

 

Will do.

post #17639 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Wow interesting cross-section. I believe I read an AMA or interview or some other social media post with Mr. Albaladejo stating that steel shanks were used. It is possible that I'm remembering incorrectly or mixing up with a different shoemaker.

Pending clarification I will stand corrected.

It is a steel shank. They posted a photo of their construction to IG, to which I asked if that's a steel shank, to which they said yes. 

post #17640 of 18822
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

It is a steel shank. They posted a photo of their construction to IG, to which I asked if that's a steel shank, to which they said yes. 

THAT'S where I read it! So I'm not crazy. Well, I might be, but at least not in this case.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)