or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1168

post #17506 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

I'm thinking 9.5 Simpson 9 rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqtri View Post

I am a 8.5D (could go with 8E) on 5 last of Allen Edmonds. I wear Simpson UK 8 and Rain UK 7.5. 
Thank you both; hopefully I'll have good results to post here soon!
post #17507 of 18893

Could anyone give me advice on the Forest Last? I am wearing 10.5 Llubi and 10.5 Rain. However, I would need 11 for the Oscar.

 

If I remember correctly there was a post by Skoat in which they pretty much compared which size to take for each last. Maybe someone could link that as well :)

post #17508 of 18893
I wear rain 0,5 size smaller than forest. Rain 8, Forest 8,5. Rain at 8 is a pretty tight fit initially but brakes in nicely after a while. I have a relatively wide foot across the ball. Forest at 8,5 is smidge too long but I need the extra width.
post #17509 of 18893

Gentlemen,

 

X-Post from the Shell Cordovan Thread:

 

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/jkjgfbc/image_zpsvpfv9vvp.jpg?1461345120933&1461345121745&1461345124887&1461345131394&1461345140808

 

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/jkjgfbc/image_zps7rlh4ynj.jpg?1461345347536&1461345350117&1461345353776&1461345363252&1461345364416

 

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/jkjgfbc/image_zps2wkewdm2.jpg?1461345404969&1461345405976&1461345408985&1461345414512&1461345424012

 

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/jkjgfbc/image_zpsddfzvxgs.jpg?1461345456190&1461345457065&1461345460676

 

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/jkjgfbc/image_zpszzgpvmn5.jpg?1461345487140&1461345489443&1461345490577&1461345498015

 

Carmina Horween Cognac Shell Cordovan Jumper Boots on Oscar Last.

 

Happy Friday!

post #17510 of 18893
Simply stunning! MTO?
post #17511 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino68 View Post

Simply stunning! MTO?

 

No Sir.

 

They were the last remaining pair from a shop overseas.  

 

Truly a rare find.

 

I could not resist even though it is nearing the warmer months and boots will be worn, just not as much as other shoes.

 

Thanks.

post #17512 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incitatus View Post

I wear rain 0,5 size smaller than forest. Rain 8, Forest 8,5. Rain at 8 is a pretty tight fit initially but brakes in nicely after a while. I have a relatively wide foot across the ball. Forest at 8,5 is smidge too long but I need the extra width.

Thanks for the input.

I am not perfectly happy with Rain yet. Good to know it might need some more time smile.gif
post #17513 of 18893
My work is done for today.

post #17514 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

Gentlemen,

 

X-Post from the Shell Cordovan Thread:

 

 

 

 

 

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/jkjgfbc/image_zps2wkewdm2.jpg?1461345404969&1461345405976&1461345408985&1461345414512&1461345424012

 

 

 

 

 

Carmina Horween Cognac Shell Cordovan Jumper Boots on Oscar Last.

 

Happy Friday!

Perfect last for a great pair of boots.  Congrats!!.

post #17515 of 18893

Wonder if there is enough interest to do a Waxy kudu frankenstitch boot rerun. Plans to via @steveyoo1983

Model: Frankenstitch captoe boots
Last: Oscar
Material: Natural waxy kudu
Sole: Danite sole, light antiqued or natural edge trim, 360 natural stormwelt

Two now

@member2000r @BenLeaman

post #17516 of 18893

Greetings, 

 

Can anyone point me in the direction of a great shoe care kit for Carmina and a deep burgundy polish?

 

Thanks!

post #17517 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordsandties View Post

Greetings, 

Can anyone point me in the direction of a great shoe care kit for Carmina and a deep burgundy polish?

Thanks!

A good shoe care kit is hard to come by. However, TheShoeSnob and Hanger Project sell good ones. TSS uses his own brand of polish and cream, but they're just rebranded Saphir m'DO from what I can tell. I recommend TSS products to save money.
post #17518 of 18893

For Rain last, should I order the same size for boots as I did for oxfords? The reason I asked is that I find Meermins balmoral boots (Hiro last) 8UK fits me but not the lace-ups (had to go 7.5)

post #17519 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post
 

Wonder if there is enough interest to do a Waxy kudu frankenstitch boot rerun. Plans to via @steveyoo1983

Model: Frankenstitch captoe boots
Last: Oscar
Material: Natural waxy kudu
Sole: Danite sole, light antiqued or natural edge trim, 360 natural stormwelt

Two now

@member2000r @BenLeaman

Im interested, how much?

post #17520 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqtri View Post
 

For Rain last, should I order the same size for boots as I did for oxfords? The reason I asked is that I find Meermins balmoral boots (Hiro last) 8UK fits me but not the lace-ups (had to go 7.5)

 

Depends on the style of boot and the type of socks worn.  I wear the same size jumper boot as I do oxfords (and I personally would do so for a balmoral) but others have gone up a 1/2 size to allow for thicker socks to be worn. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)