or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1165

post #17461 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

I can't wear Rain. I can fit Alucia well and Inca averagely, but none of the other Carmina lasts work for me.
Even rain last half size smaller?
post #17462 of 18832

Gents, if my true size is US 9 with width between C and D. Is it safe to get size 8 UK for Simpson last ? I wear 8.5D for AE last 5 though.

post #17463 of 18832
Thanks for your inputs. I can't really fill, length wise, the Simpson last, I have some space in the toe area, but all the rest is ok more on the snug side.

I also don't have any Rain lasted Carmina's, so I can't really compare...

I have to think quite well because it's a GMTO, and if it doesn't fit I just threw €600 out the window...
post #17464 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post

Even rain last half size smaller?

Hits my ball in a bad spot
post #17465 of 18832
X-post from the GF thread (couldn't figure out how to get all the details here, with pictures, so I just linked the post):
 

 

 

Was talking with @steveyoo1983 this weekend about loafers and we agree that there isn't a classic (defined as not being a string/tassel) loafer available at the moment from Carmina. As such, we thought of doing a gmto to fill this void. I offer up the following:

Last: uetam
Sole: leather
Model: 80191
Color: vegano marron with a slight antiqued toe (to make it a little special)
post #17466 of 18832
Ah crap... Just got my first pair of carminas in forest, I dont think I can ever wear meermins again.

If im a 9.5UK in forest, would you guys say im a 10UK simpson, and 9.5UK in everything else?
post #17467 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post

Ah crap... Just got my first pair of carminas in forest, I dont think I can ever wear meermins again.

If im a 9.5UK in forest, would you guys say im a 10UK simpson, and 9.5UK in everything else?

10UK Uetam, 9UK Detroit and maybe Soller depending on your feet.
post #17468 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post


10UK Uetam, 9UK Detroit and maybe Soller depending on your feet.

Thanks, rain and inca run very similar to Forest i'm guessing? Thanks!

post #17469 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post
 

Thanks, rain and inca run very similar to Forest i'm guessing? Thanks!

Size wise yes, whether the last itself is suitable for your feet is another thing. 

post #17470 of 18832
Will be relocating to the USA soon, but hearing about the recent price rise makes me want to buy a whole boatload when i'm in Paris.
Does anyone know how much Carminas are in their european showrooms?

Is it the same as their online euro pricing (i.e pre-US increase)? Hopefully less as that price included worldwide shipping!
post #17471 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post

Will be relocating to the USA soon, but hearing about the recent price rise makes me want to buy a whole boatload when i'm in Paris.
Does anyone know how much Carminas are in their european showrooms?

Is it the same as their online euro pricing (i.e pre-US increase)? Hopefully less as that price included worldwide shipping!

 

I went last month,  around 385 Eur with tax....

20% tax

post #17472 of 18832

I'd appreciate if I can get some guidance on sizing the Forest last.

 

I am between 10.5D and 10E on Brannock and wear shell LWB on Detroit (regular width) in 9 UK which fit well. Should I go with 9.5 UK on Forest (EE width) or 9 UK? As in do people generally size up from Detroit to Forest?

post #17473 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post

I'd appreciate if I can get some guidance on sizing the Forest last.

I am between 10.5D and 10E on Brannock and wear shell LWB on Detroit (regular width) in 9 UK which fit well. Should I go with 9.5 UK on Forest (EE width) or 9 UK? As in do people generally size up from Detroit to Forest?
I am D width us 9.5D I take 8uk Detroit last & for forest 8.5uk worked well
post #17474 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


I am D width us 9.5D I take 8uk Detroit last & for forest 8.5uk worked well


So half up from Detroit to forest, thanks Ttown

post #17475 of 18832
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

I am D width us 9.5D I take 8uk Detroit last & for forest 8.5uk worked well

What do you wear in the rain out of curiosity. I believe we're the same size in EG as well. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)