or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1144

post #17146 of 18893
WXiao congrats what size do you take for carmina inca last & Jl 7000 last?
post #17147 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

I was gonna say in those pics the last looks comparable to JL 7000. Congrats!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

Your Carminas are beautiful but that pair of Brackets are a cut above the best.  Congrats man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Yep, particularly with that starburst medallion nod[1].gif
 
Thank you all for the kind words!
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

WXiao congrats what size do you take for carmina inca last & Jl 7000 last?
 
The JL 7000 is size UK 7 and the Carmina Inca is size UK 6.5. Both fit pretty well, though the Carmina is a little bit tight in the middle.
 
 
 
post #17148 of 18893
Question, What do you guys think of the vegg tan color? I'm considering it for a dark blue suit and special occasions. Im not too sure how it will age, or how versatile it is. Never owned a tan shoe before. The brown double monks are pretty dark
post #17149 of 18893

I'm not a fan of wearing tan shoes with a dark suit.  I think it looks gaudy.  But some people disagree.

post #17150 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsink View Post

Question, What do you guys think of the vegg tan color? I'm considering it for a dark blue suit and special occasions. Im not too sure how it will age, or how versatile it is. Never owned a tan shoe before. The brown double monks are pretty dark

 

I've got two pairs and wear them both under a deep blue trouser if I want to be a little less formal and laid back.  

post #17151 of 18893
Thanks!
post #17152 of 18893

Just thought I would share. Natural Shell Jumper boot on the Oscar last in both direct and indirect sunlight. Bought these about a year ago from the Paris store and they get a moderate amount of wear in the boot rotation. Gotta say, I put a coat reno and polish once and haven't touched them since (apart from a brushing) and I don't really mind the minor scuffs.

 

post #17153 of 18893

^^^ I have the same pair and absolutely love it. Can hardly wait for the weather to cool down and I can break it out again. 

post #17154 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsink View Post

Question, What do you guys think of the vegg tan color? I'm considering it for a dark blue suit and special occasions. Im not too sure how it will age, or how versatile it is. Never owned a tan shoe before. The brown double monks are pretty dark

In my opinion....
Probably not a good idea.
Your shoes should always be darker than your trousers. Almost without exception.
I find tan shoes rather hard to match tbh. I usually wear them with beige / very light brown linen trousers or something akin to that.
Though in the end, you are free to wear whatever you want.
post #17155 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

In my opinion....
Probably not a good idea.
Your shoes should always be darker than your trousers. Almost without exception.
I find tan shoes rather hard to match tbh. I usually wear them with beige / very light brown linen trousers or something akin to that.
Though in the end, you are free to wear whatever you want.

Personally, I've seen tan shoes dressed with navy suits and I love the look. Especially with a matching belt.
post #17156 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post


Personally, I've seen tan shoes dressed with navy suits and I love the look. Especially with a matching belt.

 

Same, I love the look, and wear it often.  Now for a more formal setting, I would pick a darker shoe/belt.  But for something light, like a nice dinner/business casual setting, I like the tan shoe/dark blue look.

post #17157 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinz View Post
 

 

Same, I love the look, and wear it often.  Now for a more formal setting, I would pick a darker shoe/belt.  But for something light, like a nice dinner/business casual setting, I like the tan shoe/dark blue look.

 

I would agree it's fine for a less formal setting.  But when asking specifically about its appropriateness with a suit, and considering that many (most?) people only wear suits in more formal contexts, I usually recommend against it.  Maybe it would be more precise to say that I think people should make sure they have a more formal shoe option covered first.

post #17158 of 18893

Gentlemen,

 

We have a very special package that has arrived at the House of the Watchman.

 

Pics momentarily.

 

Thanks.

post #17159 of 18893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Gentlemen,

We have a very special package that has arrived at the House of the Watchman.

Pics momentarily.

Thanks.

12 minutes later still no pics. "Momentarily" wink.gif
post #17160 of 18893

Gentlemen,

 

Here they are:

 

photo IMG_2835_zps9lbs4lno.jpg

 

photo IMG_2825_zpsrvwectbk.jpg

 

photo IMG_2831_zpswgfqwyaf.jpg

 

photo IMG_2829_zpsrdwu60ft.jpg

 

photo IMG_2833_zpsbdg23faq.jpg

 

Carmina 532 Detroit Last Long Wing Derby in Cognac Shell Cordovan

 

Happy Thursday!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)