or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1140

post #17086 of 18840

I only come here for the shoe parn but I'll take cypi2's side on this (even for 2.63). Here's a rundown of some legitimate complaints that have stuck in my mind:

 

1. backhanded price increase

2. dude comes on here with some messed up shoes. We ALL agree they're messed up. Carmina does nothing UNTIL he posts here.

3. Some high fiving going on at a NYC trunk show when Carmina screws over someone.

4. now this.

 

Full disclosure: I have 2 carmina shells that I'm really happy with.

post #17087 of 18840

Question for those who have bought women's shoes through the Carmina website recently. Did they come with shoe trees?

post #17088 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post

I only come here for the shoe parn but I'll take cypi2's side on this (even for 2.63). Here's a rundown of some legitimate complaints that have stuck in my mind:

3. Some high fiving going on at a NYC trunk show when Carmina screws over someone.


What do you mean by #3?
post #17089 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

Question for those who have bought women's shoes through the Carmina website recently. Did they come with shoe trees?

 

Wait, you want to discuss Carmina shoes and not $2 forex deficit on a refund?  Just what do you think this thread is about anyway?  Begone! :D 

 

AFAIK you have to purchase the trees separately.

post #17090 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

Wait, you want to discuss Carmina shoes and not $2 forex deficit on a refund?  Just what do you think this thread is about anyway?  Begone! :D 

 

AFAIK you have to purchase the trees separately.


Ha. I've had enough of that.

 

For clarification, I just ask because I believe men's shoes come with trees (the front page of the website says comes with trees, without specifying mens or womens). Just wondering if the same applied to womens. I believe Skoak also ships shoe trees with mens Carmina shoes but not womens (if memory serves, last pair of Carmina I bought from Skoak was before the price adjustment).  Just wondering what the deal was with Carmina direct. 

post #17091 of 18840
(deleted - redundant)
post #17092 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


What do you mean by #3?

I can't remember, but Carmina was having a trunk show in NYC. They sold a defective pair (?) to someone at the trunk show. They went behind the curtain and were celebrating and high fiving each other. Or something to that effect.

post #17093 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

I can't remember, but Carmina was having a trunk show in NYC. They sold a defective pair (?) to someone at the trunk show. They went behind the curtain and were celebrating and high fiving each other. Or something to that effect.

 

Dude, seriously???  That was a sarcastic comment made in jest after a ridiculous complaint that kept getting repeated and repeated.  My recollection is that someone was complaining about how only trunk show attendees got the MTO fee waived and that it was discriminatory against non-NYers.  My recollection is that someone eventually quipped that Carmina went behind a curtain after every MTO sale in order to high five each other on how much they were screwing over everyone not from NY.

post #17094 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

Question for those who have bought women's shoes through the Carmina website recently. Did they come with shoe trees?

I can let you know in another week or two. I bought the red cordovan mto boots as a gift for my wife, they should be arriving soon. AFAIK they come with shoe trees. But this is before the recent change to the site where when you select "shoe tree" when adding shoes to cart, the price increases (it did not used to do that).

post #17095 of 18840

Well, since I just had to wade through far too many annoying posts whining about $2 in forex that Carmina has nothing to do with, I thought I'd post a happy story or two about great Carmina customer service.

 

I've been on a shoe buying spree recently, including 3 or 4 pairs from Carmina. I bought the Inca tan vegano shoes off of the site, and you may have noticed that I posted in January when they arrived because the 'tan' color had less of a brown hue but rather a slight--to my eyes--chestnut/orange hue. They looked great but they did not match my color expectations or the tan/cuero belt which was more of a standard tan color. I kept those shoes and emailed Betty to ask if they could pick out a pair that matched the belt. She said they didn't have one, but they were starting a new production run of that shoe model and if I chose to order another pair she would have the team take mine aside and specifically do their best to build/dye them to color match against the belt. All with no extra charge or MTO fee. The only caveat was that this order would be non-refundable. Fingers crossed that it will work out, but holy cow that is great custom/customer service.

 

Second time was a week or two after that. I was eyeing the women's rubi cordovan boots at the pre-mto price as a birthday gift for my wife. I logged in later that afternoon to buy and found that the pre-mto pricing had expired and the boots were now $400 more expensive. I had not paid attention to the countdown clock and had missed the pre-mto price by an hour or two. I emailed Betty my sad story. The next day I woke to find an email from Betty saying that they would lower the price for one additional day, so I had better get my order in. Sure enough, I went to the website and the pre-mto was back on, with (at that point) another 18 hours left on the clock. Needless to say, I got my order in. Again, great customer service, at cost to Carmina, above and beyond anything that one might reasonably expect.

 

So kudos to Carmina. They're hitting some growing pains--and I've received one pair with a (easily fixable) cosmetic flaw that frankly should have been caught at the factory--but from my experience this is a company committed to quality and service. 

post #17096 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoxer View Post
 

I can let you know in another week or two. I bought the red cordovan mto boots as a gift for my wife, they should be arriving soon. AFAIK they come with shoe trees. But this is before the recent change to the site where when you select "shoe tree" when adding shoes to cart, the price increases (it did not used to do that).


Thank you, that would be helpful.  But you are saying now that you essentially pay for an extra shoe tree?  I remember a conversation about this vaguely, but I don't remember the outcome (whether what you describe would result in an extra pair of shoe trees).

post #17097 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

I only come here for the shoe parn but I'll take cypi2's side on this (even for 2.63). Here's a rundown of some legitimate complaints that have stuck in my mind:

 

1. backhanded price increase

2. dude comes on here with some messed up shoes. We ALL agree they're messed up. Carmina does nothing UNTIL he posts here.

3. Some high fiving going on at a NYC trunk show when Carmina screws over someone.

4. now this.

 

Full disclosure: I have 2 carmina shells that I'm really happy with.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


What do you mean by #3?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Dude, seriously???  That was a sarcastic comment made in jest after a ridiculous complaint that kept getting repeated and repeated.  My recollection is that someone was complaining about how only trunk show attendees got the MTO fee waived and that it was discriminatory against non-NYers.  My recollection is that someone eventually quipped that Carmina went behind a curtain after every MTO sale in order to high five each other on how much they were screwing over everyone not from NY.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few sloppy pics that I took.

 

I'd say the coolest part was that they had all the swatches there.  A lot of cool leather options.

 

Also, I didn't see any of the folks from Carmina slapping each other high-five and laughing about how they are screwing over all their customers outside of New York by waiving the MTO fee for this event, but maybe they waited until I wasn't around before they started doing that.

 

 

It was me.  See above.

 

I did laugh out loud though just now when I was reading how it was being remembered incorrectly.

post #17098 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was me.  See above.

 

I did laugh out loud though just now when I was reading how it was being remembered incorrectly.


Internets FTW!

post #17099 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Dude, seriously???  That was a sarcastic comment made in jest after a ridiculous complaint that kept getting repeated and repeated.  My recollection is that someone was complaining about how only trunk show attendees got the MTO fee waived and that it was discriminatory against non-NYers.  My recollection is that someone eventually quipped that Carmina went behind a curtain after every MTO sale in order to high five each other on how much they were screwing over everyone not from NY.

You gotta love the Internet. FFS.
post #17100 of 18840
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoxer View Post

Well, since I just had to wade through far too many annoying posts whining about $2 in forex that Carmina has nothing to do with, I thought I'd post a happy story or two about great Carmina customer service.

I've been on a shoe buying spree recently, including 3 or 4 pairs from Carmina. I bought the Inca tan vegano shoes off of the site, and you may have noticed that I posted in January when they arrived because the 'tan' color had less of a brown hue but rather a slight--to my eyes--chestnut/orange hue. They looked great but they did not match my color expectations or the tan/cuero belt which was more of a standard tan color. I kept those shoes and emailed Betty to ask if they could pick out a pair that matched the belt. She said they didn't have one, but they were starting a new production run of that shoe model and if I chose to order another pair she would have the team take mine aside and specifically do their best to build/dye them to color match against the belt. All with no extra charge or MTO fee. The only caveat was that this order would be non-refundable. Fingers crossed that it will work out, but holy cow that is great custom/customer service.

Second time was a week or two after that. I was eyeing the women's rubi cordovan boots at the pre-mto price as a birthday gift for my wife. I logged in later that afternoon to buy and found that the pre-mto pricing had expired and the boots were now $400 more expensive. I had not paid attention to the countdown clock and had missed the pre-mto price by an hour or two. I emailed Betty my sad story. The next day I woke to find an email from Betty saying that they would lower the price for one additional day, so I had better get my order in. Sure enough, I went to the website and the pre-mto was back on, with (at that point) another 18 hours left on the clock. Needless to say, I got my order in. Again, great customer service, at cost to Carmina, above and beyond anything that one might reasonably expect.

So kudos to Carmina. They're hitting some growing pains--and I've received one pair with a (easily fixable) cosmetic flaw that frankly should have been caught at the factory--but from my experience this is a company committed to quality and service. 

Well said. I have bought four pairs straight from their website and Betty was always sublime. They provided me superb customer service and have been very responsive to my multiple emails.

By the way which other brands or shoemaker do you get to deal or speak with one of the owners through customer service? I find that unique in the sense you get a personal touch dealing with one of the owners from Carmina direct.
Edited by vmss - 2/26/16 at 9:39pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)