I don't need to shorten it, I need to lengthen it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 10/13/16 at 5:50am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 7:40 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1137post #17041 of 184402/25/16 at 2:25pmpost #17042 of 184402/25/16 at 2:36pm
Got that. Was more making a point of the larger group that might be interested in the belt given that it easily can be shortened compared to other brands. Returns are unfortunately a hassle to Carmina across the pond from a cost point of viewpost #17043 of 184402/25/16 at 2:42pm
We need to change the title of this thready to the Carmina Shoes Official Complaints and Grievances Thread.
That is indeed messed up, though.
If it is because of currency fluctuation, then they really need to get this whole currency thing sorted out. They seem to be struggling with it, and it appears to be agitating a lot of their customers.
Also, if they are in fact listening as is often said, they need to clamp down on their quality control. They are developing a reputation for shipping sub-standard product.
Might make sense to hire a dedicated customer service person to answer emails in a more timely fashion, too.
I get that they are a growing business and growing pains are to be expected.post #17044 of 184402/25/16 at 4:33pmQuote:
Yes, I think so too. But, why should I pay for that when they did not even send the boots?! I am not talking about a return here, but, rather about an order that Carmina said it could not deliver after it had accepted my order online and it had charged my card. I don't think I should be bearing that cost in such a case.post #17045 of 184402/25/16 at 4:42pmQuote:
True: Carmina does business in Euro. But, it offers a choice to pay in Euro or in U.S. dollars on its U.S. website. And, it (or its bank) charges a surcharge for converting from one currency to the other. i am fine with that and made the choice of paying in dollars knowing about that surcharge. No problem the website is explicit about it.
I completely understand that this difference may be due to forex fluctuations. However, I will also argue that in the case in which Carmina lets a customer place an order, charges that customer's card and later lets that customer know that it cannot deliver the order, that customer should not have to bear the forex risk no matter the amount of that risk. I would think differently if this were a return...
Edited by cypi2 - 2/25/16 at 6:22pmpost #17046 of 184402/25/16 at 4:46pm
I agree that Carmina should bear the risk in both this case and in the case of returns. They set a minimum price in dollars for U.S. customers (or at least that was what we were told/I understand). They are having trouble sticking to that it seems because the price has been fluctuating recently, as discussed ad nauseam a while back. This instance seems to be another manifestation that issue.
It would be a bit of a different story if they were not supposedly setting a fixed price for U.S. customers.post #17047 of 184402/25/16 at 4:46pmpost #17048 of 184402/25/16 at 4:50pmpost #17049 of 184402/25/16 at 4:50pmQuote:
It is not so much a question of amount but of principle:
I do like Carmina's shoes.
But, I do not agree with the principle of a company letting its customer bear the forex risk when the company could not deliver an order for which it had already charged that customer. I also do not like the fact that i got back to Carmina about this and that they did not do anything about it despite the fact that its Director of Exports said they would.
There are many other shoemakers that I like, and, I'd rather support those than Carmina's after this incident.post #17050 of 184402/25/16 at 4:55pmpost #17051 of 184402/25/16 at 4:56pmQuote:
Sorry but I have to disagree. I do not think that this is part and parcel of online shopping: I have received quite a few refunds from Herring Shoes for example for transactions that also involved forex and I always received back the exact amount they had originally charged me. For me, it is more a question of how you wish to run your a business and to treat customers...post #17052 of 184402/25/16 at 4:57pmpost #17053 of 184402/25/16 at 5:00pmpost #17054 of 184402/25/16 at 5:02pmpost #17055 of 184402/25/16 at 5:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by cypi2
Sorry but I have to disagree. I do not think that this is part and parcel of online shopping: I have received quite a few refunds from Herring Shoes for example for transactions that also involved forex and I always received back the exact amount they had originally charged me. For me, it is more a question of how you wish to run your a business and to treat customers...
It's fine if you want to think that way but let me point out two things:
- you cannot refund more than you charge
- you cannot refund (even partially ) more than once
Do you really think they are trying to short change you?
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 43 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 5 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...