That is what I would consider a perfectly fair airing of issues. No attack or lambasting of Carmina, just asking for the general opinion of others with experiences of the brand...well handled thus far, at least in my estimation
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 2:10 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1133post #16982 of 188252/22/16 at 9:52ampost #16983 of 188252/22/16 at 9:54ampost #16984 of 188252/22/16 at 10:05ampost #16985 of 188252/22/16 at 10:13amQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
I know I keep posting these, but they're getting their maiden voyage today. Really enjoying that sunny feeling you get whilst wearing a long-pursued Grail for the first time.
Warning: Gratuitous Navy Shell! (Click to show)
They look almost purple in the last 2 photos...do they present that way to the naked eye under certain light/angles as well?post #16986 of 188252/22/16 at 10:26amQuote:
Nah, that's just the wonky fluorescent lighting in my office. They're definitely blue at all times, except at night under dim lighting, when they look almost black.post #16987 of 188252/22/16 at 3:03pmpost #16988 of 188252/22/16 at 7:32pmpost #16989 of 188252/22/16 at 7:35pmpost #16990 of 188252/22/16 at 7:42pmQuote:
I have a weird foot. Super high instep, but my arches collapse as I walk, making my foot increase from a D US width to an E US width as I put my full body weight down. Plus my foot is short for my body size.
Bespoke/MTM isn't an option since my shoe collection is so small currently. I'll just have to make due I suppose.
I believe I'll stick with the larger size, since it's changed the lacing from a steep, aggressive V shape, into a more gentle one.post #16991 of 188252/22/16 at 7:49pmpost #16992 of 188252/22/16 at 8:02pmpost #16993 of 188252/22/16 at 8:41pmQuote:
That V looks the same to me? If you're satisfied with it and it feels comfortable then by all means carry on. If the last doesn't work for you, then I would just not get it, it wasn't meant to be and that is why there are different lasts. Why don't you try Rain last a half size up from the size that you had in the burgundy shoe? So many retailers carry Rain last that you are sure to find something you like if you want to stick to Carmina. And I don't really understand wanting to make Carmina work for you if you are skeptical. It'll save you a lot of $$$ and anxiety and time selling your shoes if you find something that works now rather than trying to make something work when it does not. There are many many people that have gone down that path and ended up with a lot of pairs on B&S (me included).
Edit: Also what does your heel look like out of curiosity? You're describing your foot as being very wide, but I've heard Inca last has a skinny heel. When you put your weight down, does that create bowing?post #16994 of 188252/22/16 at 8:49pmQuote:
Maybe try rain in a half size up as well? I guess your instep is indeed legendary.
Should finances not be a concern, Bonafe could work very well for you. Their lasts reportedly have a high instep.post #16995 of 188252/22/16 at 8:53pmI have what I would describe as a thin heel compared to the rest of my foot. The Rain a half size down was very large around my heel. Perhaps if the rest of the shoe was sized properly that wouldn't be a problem, but it definitely felt like a lot of extra space even when the rest of the shoe was tight.
The main reason for trying Carmina was the Inca and Rain lasts being described as sleek looking, but accommodating to a wider foot. I'm still debating about keeping the Inca because the rest of it feels pretty good, some heel sleep when I exaggerate the force I press down through the front of my foot with, but I'm assuming that will go away once the shoe breaks in, and I stop trying to see if I can force my way out of the shoe while looking for fit problems.
If anyone has suggestions for non-chunky and not round-toed shoes (I'm looking for proper dress shoes, not shit-kickers) that would work for a US E (UK F, I suppose?) please PM me. Even if I'm not talked out of these Carminas, I'd like to explore some brands with more width options.
All that said, these shoes are absolutely beautiful and the finishing is top notch. If I wasn't such a frustrating fit, I'd be in love.
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 46 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 15 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 16 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 29 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway