or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1117

post #16741 of 18825

MTO for my friend from The Proper Kit finally came. Here's how they looked after I polished them up and a few wears.

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I personally thought brown hatch grain would have been better for the strap, but she wanted the lighter colored pebble. Nonetheless, they came out great.

 

I got these recently from Carmina's outlet section on their website. The suede is phenomenal, very soft and I love the color. Haven't put a mirror shine yet, but here's how they look after about 5 wears. 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Enjoy!

post #16742 of 18825
rbhan12 congrats brother biggrin.gif
post #16743 of 18825

Finally took the plunge...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #16744 of 18825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

You Gentlemen will save me lots of time by telling me this: how do you find the Robert last to fit, generally speaking?

Thanks.

 

 

For me, the toe box on the Robert requires a half size increase.

 

7.5

Robert

Alcudia

 

7

Forest

Oscar

Rain

Uetam

post #16745 of 18825
But from pics the toebox on Robert looks quite roomy. Is it not?
post #16746 of 18825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfeet View Post

But from pics the toebox on Robert looks quite roomy. Is it not?


It is not.  It tapers in more quickly than other lasts.

post #16747 of 18825
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post


It is not.  It tapers in more quickly than other lasts.
oh sorry I got the Robert and Forests lasts confused...
post #16748 of 18825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

Not a problem, IMO. That is a place where those kind of creases should be.  Just wear them in good heath.

 

My issue is the wrinkle in the leather, not really the crease.  Not a single pair of the 5 shell boots I have that are 1st quality, have any wrinkles like that anywhere on the boot.  I just expected better quality control for something that is pretty obvious

post #16749 of 18825
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelp3 View Post
 

 

My issue is the wrinkle in the leather, not really the crease.  Not a single pair of the 5 shell boots I have that are 1st quality, have any wrinkles like that anywhere on the boot.  I just expected better quality control for something that is pretty obvious


Honestly It may not have been visible to QC until you had some flexing in that spot on the boot.

Since we are talking about a piece of flesh, there will be imperfections and not all will be visible up front.

Respectfully, is that a reason to accept a return on a pair of boots that have been worn, that's not for me to decide.

I know I would keep and enjoy them.

I have a pair of first quality shell LWBs from another maker that have a wrinkle on the vamp that I can assure you was not noticeable at all when I got them new.

post #16750 of 18825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfeet View Post


oh sorry I got the Robert and Forests lasts confused...


I see. Well fwiw, I also sized up on the Forest last. It may look a bit bulbous, but it wasn't that wide for me. ymmv. I would try on a pair first.

post #16751 of 18825

Cognac shell today:

 

post #16752 of 18825
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 


Honestly It may not have been visible to QC until you had some flexing in that spot on the boot.

Since we are talking about a piece of flesh, there will be imperfections and not all will be visible up front.

Respectfully, is that a reason to accept a return on a pair of boots that have been worn, that's not for me to decide.

I know I would keep and enjoy them.

I have a pair of first quality shell LWBs from another maker that have a wrinkle on the vamp that I can assure you was not noticeable at all when I got them new.

 I hear ya! I think it's just a little buyer's remorse after realizing this is my most expensive purchase and not seeing them as being first quality(in my mind compared to other purchases)...

 

Btw, I haven't worn them yet, just tried them on for a min.  Am waiting to see what they think

post #16753 of 18825
Dear @justonemore Hi,

I would appreciate if you could share details on this longwing; I know it isn't CARMINA, but it's a very handsome pair of shoes. I just hope that if this is a web image that you have somewhere saved the shoes' provenance!



Cheers

Dimitris
post #16754 of 18825

Deleted

post #16755 of 18825
Dear @nickrut and @urban Hi,

This picture of the double monks in the Buger last must have been taken from either facebook or other social network that CARMINA uses to notify incoming models; these are not readily available, but apparently they will be sooner or later. Just to remind you, CARMINA has just launched the Buger last under a still active Adelaide MTO; it is their very first Buger, that is why they have special provisions as far as returns are concerned.

Fitting to a novel last is always a challenge; my only assistance may be found for you and @TtownMD in some of my previous posts.

Cheers

Dimitris
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)