or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1110

post #16636 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post
 

 

betty@carminashoemaker.com 

 

Just so I understand, before even contacting Carmina on their mistake, you're posting on SF to more or less bash them before the discussion of resolution was even initiated?

 

I posted my experience with my purchase. The truth is that my order was screwed up. I don't think I have to hold my tongue about that. It's another data point that SF'ers can use to form their opinion of the brand. If the resolution goes smoothly, I'll post about that, too.

 

I'm of the opinion that I shouldn't even have to be going through this right now. You're free to disagree, obviously.

 

And thank you for the email.

post #16637 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

I'm royally pissed at Carmina right now. Just received my MTO pair of wholecut oxfords that I ordered during the SF trunk show last year and they screwed it up pretty bad. First, I tacked on shoe trees to my order and didn't get them. Second, I specified that the left shoe be size 9.5 UK and the right shoe be size 9 UK. I watched as the Carmina associate typed this request out in the comments section of my order:


Comentarios del pedido
pie derechom 9uk izquierdo 9,5 uk y floron rain

Now, it's been a while since I took Spanish class in high school, but I'm pretty certain derecho is right and izquierdo is left. I open the shoebox and it's the damn right shoe that's size 9.5 UK and the left shoe that's 9 UK. Yeah, pissed baldy%5B1%5D.gif​.
 
Also, the welt was chipped on one of the shoes:





They better pay for return shipping...

Here's a shot of the pair before I threw them right back in the box.



They took great care of Me when I had to return mine. I think you should have emailed them first before bashing them here on board. They also read this forum by the way.
post #16638 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post
 

 

I posted my experience with my purchase. The truth is that my order was screwed up. I don't think I have to hold my tongue about that. It's another data point that SF'ers can use to form their opinion of the brand. If the resolution goes smoothly, I'll post about that, too.

 

I'm of the opinion that I shouldn't even have to be going through this right now. You're free to disagree, obviously.

 

And thank you for the email.

 

I would argue your purchase isn't complete, since your order is yet to be fulfilled. People make mistakes, and I personally don't think it's fair that you've painted them in a bad light.

 

My mom always told me "a bad name is worse than a bad person."

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post


They took great care of Me when I had to return mine. I think you should have emailed them first before bashing them here on board. They also read this forum by the way.
post #16639 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post
 

Does anybody have any experience with Carmina's customer service? Is there anyone I should reach out to specifically?


As mentioned reach out to Betty. I have and they were amazing, specifically Betty. I bought a pair of the python austerity brogues that Carmina and Epaulet did on the secondary market BNIB. The right shoe actually had the python skin crack by the welt. Emailed Betty, they remade the pair for me, let me keep my original pair (which I gifted to my friend who helped me find them originally, and was like that tear won't bother me), didn't charge me a cent to remake them or to send them out.

post #16640 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post
 

 

I would argue your purchase isn't complete, since your order is yet to be fulfilled. People make mistakes, and I personally don't think it's fair that you've painted them in a bad light.

 

My mom always told me "a bad name is worse than a bad person."

 

 

Of course people make mistakes, but 3 mistakes in one order is pretty rough, IMO. Chipped welt, missing shoe trees, and wrong sizing. This just screams of a lack of attention to detail, which I think is completely fair to shine a spotlight on. If someone was in the market for a pair of Carmina shoes, it'd be nice to know that there's a chance something like this can happen to him. Maybe they aren't interested in doing the whole email back-and-forth and waiting an additional month or so to get a wearable pair of shoes. I sure as hell am not, but I have no choice now.

 

Anyway, others have said they've had no issues getting Carmina to resolve their problems, so I remain optimistic. As I said, I won't hesitate to post about my customer service experience if it's positive, but as it stands, the results so far speak for themselves.

post #16641 of 18854
Perfectly fair to point out disappointment at legitimate screw ups.

That said, I do think the poster should not only attempt to sort it out with Carmina, but report back (positively) if they take steps to correct the error and provide the customer service others here have mentioned.
post #16642 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Perfectly fair to point out disappointment at legitimate screw ups.

That said, I do think the poster should not only attempt to sort it out with Carmina, but report back (positively) if they take steps to correct the error and provide the customer service others here have mentioned.

 

Agreed.

post #16643 of 18854
I also think it's perfectly fine to make his dissatisfaction known here. Because of the screw up, he now probably needs to sort it out with Carmina's reps, ship the shoes back, and wait a while before he gets the pair he ordered. That's a right hassle and its a fair point to critisize.
post #16644 of 18854
post #16645 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfeet View Post

I also think it's perfectly fine to make his dissatisfaction known here. Because of the screw up, he now probably needs to sort it out with Carmina's reps, ship the shoes back, and wait a while before he gets the pair he ordered. That's a right hassle and its a fair point to critisize.

I agree. One if the purposes of the forums is to share not only the good, but also the bad and the ugly. Here three screw-ups on one order seems to indicate a QC problem at Carmina. Hopefully they will move quickly to correct this situation.
post #16646 of 18854

@diadem Yup I'd be pissed in your shoes (or lack thereof) too. You aren't bashing anybody or any brand. You are simply stating facts. You paid for a product and that product was not delivered as agreed upon. I have a pair on its way to me and I hope they come out well.

post #16647 of 18854
post #16648 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by baromatic View Post
 

GMTO Arrived!  But they are too BIG..... what are my options? 

 

 

what is your size? somebody could get this off from you

post #16649 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster145 View Post
 

what is your size? somebody could get this off from you


They are a size 11

post #16650 of 18854
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post

They took great care of Me when I had to return mine. I think you should have emailed them first before bashing them here on board. They also read this forum by the way.

I'm not saying what's right or wrong here, but of course, as a retailer, you appreciate being contacted and given the chance to correct a mistake. We're all human and mistakes happen, it's how these mistakes are solved that defines customer service.
Edited by Leaves - 2/6/16 at 5:23am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)