or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1109

post #16621 of 18851
Does anyone know how much the cap toe DMs retail for in the Madrid store? I will be in Madrid next week but the store is a bit out of the way so would like to know if there's any savings vs the USD prices on their website? Thanks.
post #16622 of 18851

Calf DM on Inca last is quoted 430€ in the website.  That means you will pay same price at the shop.  They have 3 stores in Madrid so just check them out (I always recomend the one at Claudio Coello St for foreigners). 

post #16623 of 18851
Good thing they still use Euros as the currency on the international site. Non-cordovans are still €318 or €355 without taxes.

If its true that they fixed the price in USD due to the earlier falling euro, then they should not be increasing the price in USD now just because the dollar is falling now. That's such a douchey move. Shame on them if that's indeed the case.
post #16624 of 18851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

Calf DM on Inca last is quoted 430€ in the website.  That means you will pay same price at the shop.  They have 3 stores in Madrid so just check them out (I always recomend the one at Claudio Coello St for foreigners). 

 

Do they also offer free lasted shoe trees with in-store purchases?

 

Edit - I'm staying near Sol so will probably hop in their Gran Via shop if I decide to go.  

post #16625 of 18851
I don't think anyone will ever figure out the "why" to future price increases. The one a few months ago was done to level out the retail pricing around the world, which was easier to swallow for those of us that bought when they were in the mid $300s. It also made sense to ensure a manageable, and fair, profit margins for retailers around the world.

In my personal opinion, I think it's bad business practice to change the price based on the exchange rate. At close to $500 a pop now (on their website), their value doesn't support the price point imo. The reason carmina was so special here in the US was because they had AE like/better construction but sleeker/sexier lasts and designs at the same price point. At their current level, I would much rather save a bit more and skip over carmina and move into the EB/Vass world. A 50% price increase in less than a year is pretty shocking....supply and demand I guess?
post #16626 of 18851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljs54 View Post
 

 

Do they also offer free lasted shoe trees with in-store purchases?

 

Edit - I'm staying near Sol so will probably hop in their Gran Via shop if I decide to go.  

The Gran Via shop is very close from Sol.  There you will find the best salesman from Carmina (Emilio and Miguel).  You can find some models with good discounts in that shop.  Never heard of free lasted trees (Carmina trees are not lasted that I know) 

post #16627 of 18851

post #16628 of 18851
I wish I'd bought a pair of dark brown suede oxfords over the summer before the price increase.

I think going forward I'll try Yanko and/or the new Santos line at Skoak. I love the two pair of Carmina I own and would like to have more, but I don't think the value is there at this price point.
post #16629 of 18851

I'm royally pissed at Carmina right now. Just received my MTO pair of wholecut oxfords that I ordered during the SF trunk show last year and they screwed it up pretty bad. First, I tacked on shoe trees to my order and didn't get them. Second, I specified that the left shoe be size 9.5 UK and the right shoe be size 9 UK. I watched as the Carmina associate typed this request out in the comments section of my order:

Comentarios del pedido

pie derechom 9uk izquierdo 9,5 uk y floron rain

 

Now, it's been a while since I took Spanish class in high school, but I'm pretty certain derecho is right and izquierdo is left. I open the shoebox and it's the damn right shoe that's size 9.5 UK and the left shoe that's 9 UK. Yeah, pissed :brick:​.
 
Also, the welt was chipped on one of the shoes:

 


They better pay for return shipping...

 

Here's a shot of the pair before I threw them right back in the box.

 

post #16630 of 18851
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post
 

I'm royally pissed at Carmina right now. Just received my MTO pair of wholecut oxfords that I ordered during the SF trunk show last year and they screwed it up pretty bad. First, I tacked on shoe trees to my order and didn't get them. Second, I specified that the left shoe be size 9.5 UK and the right shoe be size 9 UK. I watched as the Carmina associate typed this request out in the comments section of my order:

Comentarios del pedido

pie derechom 9uk izquierdo 9,5 uk y floron rain

 

Now, it's been a while since I took Spanish class in high school, but I'm pretty certain derecho is right and izquierdo is left. I open the shoebox and it's the damn right shoe that's size 9.5 UK and the left shoe that's 9 UK. Yeah, pissed :brick:​.
 
Also, the welt was chipped on one of the shoes:

 


They better pay for return shipping...

 

Here's a shot of the pair before I threw them right back in the box.

 

Well I have to say those are still some very beautiful shoes. 

post #16631 of 18851
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie411 View Post

I wish I'd bought a pair of dark brown suede oxfords over the summer before the price increase.

I think going forward I'll try Yanko and/or the new Santos line at Skoak. I love the two pair of Carmina I own and would like to have more, but I don't think the value is there at this price point.

Forgot about yanko. Might have to give them a look.
post #16632 of 18851
Wow, you are right.  What a pitty.
post #16633 of 18851

Does anybody have any experience with Carmina's customer service? Is there anyone I should reach out to specifically?

post #16634 of 18851
post #16635 of 18851
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post
 

Does anybody have any experience with Carmina's customer service? Is there anyone I should reach out to specifically?

 

betty@carminashoemaker.com 

 

Just so I understand, before even contacting Carmina on their mistake, you're posting on SF to more or less bash them before the discussion of resolution was even initiated?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)