Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/17/16 at 7:54am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 96post #1427 of 183779/12/12 at 7:17pmpost #1428 of 183779/12/12 at 7:21pmpost #1429 of 183779/12/12 at 7:22pmpost #1430 of 183779/12/12 at 7:24pmpost #1431 of 183779/12/12 at 7:28pmpost #1432 of 183779/12/12 at 9:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Patek
I guess I should have been more specific with the above question.
I'm currently comparing the RL Lindrick boot with the Carmina Sinclair. I have the Lindrick in a wingtip shoe and loafer (formerly Dalton) and I love the wingtips and want a boot version but I'm considering the Carmina even though they run a little more (taking the RL semi-annual sale which is when I purchased my other Lindricks).
Does anyone own both of these and can comment on their fit, looks and quality? I know this a Carmina chat but I think I can get an unbiased opinion.
Guilty on that count - I have the saddle shell Sinclair boots and the Lindrick. To be honest, I find the finishing very similar in terms of quality and fit - I can wear both of them comfortably the whole day. My foot is more 'blunt' at the toes rather than slanted and the width borders on the wide side of medium if that makes sense.
I find the colour of the Lindrick to be more versatile for the clothes I own and I can see myself using it more than the Sinclair - however a Sinclair in cognac shell would give the Lindrick a run for its money in that respect.
One thing I do like about the Lindrick is the pull tabs - they don't really catch on my trouser legs and I've also been tucking them away between my ankle and the boot. I just find them very useful in getting the boots on..post #1433 of 183779/12/12 at 10:29pmpost #1434 of 183779/12/12 at 10:36pmpost #1435 of 183779/12/12 at 11:13pmQuote:
forest is a bit wider than robert. here's an old pic i had on my phone:
the left is robert and the right is forest.
i prefer the robert last as it fits snug, but not tight. the forest (in the same size) feels looser even if i pull the places pretty tight. i might be able to go a half size down in the forest, but it would be harder to find since i wear UK7. i'll try to take a better comparison pic tomorrow morning.post #1436 of 183779/12/12 at 11:15pmpost #1437 of 183779/12/12 at 11:17pmpost #1438 of 183779/12/12 at 11:18pmpost #1439 of 183779/12/12 at 11:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by sinfjotli
I have these in 10UK, and while I cannot compare them with Aldens, they are definitely wider than Forest last, and similar to Rain last in the same size. But for a winter boot, it is not bad to have a little extra space if one wants to wear thicker socks, plus the derby lacing means you can easily tighten them a bit more if they slip in the heel.
Thanks, unfortunately they only have bugundy or snuff suede right nowpost #1440 of 183779/12/12 at 11:25pm
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...