i want boots for the winter. I am in and out of my car and in the street all day long. It is often wet in the winter here. I do not want to destroy leather soles. Also, from what I can tell with my steinbecks, you don't see the rubber sole at all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 1:03 pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 90
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1337 of 166919/6/12 at 9:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by stlms3
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Going back through this thread and enjoying the shoe porn, I saw this post and figured I would repost the photo that i posted in the epaulet thread.
These boots are awesome. I love the leather. It is meant to be pretty durable but still looks quite elegant IMHO. God I can't wait for a cool or rainy day to wear these!.. Damn 95* September days with 90% humidity!post #1338 of 166919/7/12 at 12:02amQuote:Originally Posted by stlms3
Oh also, I just got turned on to Carmina a couple of months ago. Do they restock their estore often? Should we expect any new boots for the fall? I REALLY want some balmorals, but missed the Epaulet MTO and they do not plan on bringing any in any time soon... balmorals (not the all suedes on the site) with some type of rubber sole is what I am looking for in particular.
email carmina, they have a shell bal boot in burgandy, Model 080092 on the forrest last, and no they dont restock their store often its been the same for a while.post #1339 of 166919/7/12 at 5:01amQuote:
When did you hear this? I just sent Betty an email to confirm, but as of a month ago (August 7th) they only had this in suede according to her.post #1340 of 166919/7/12 at 6:05am
Ok, so Betty already got back to me... took 30 minutes tops. They have the cordovan balmoral on a robert last with a leather sole. What would my options be for making the sole water resistant? Sorry,but I am a noob. Also, when the sole needs replacing, can I have it replaced with a york (half dainite) sole?
The carmina #8 looks a lot prettier than most others in photos. I hope that holds true in person if I jump on this.
Thanks for the help!post #1341 of 166919/7/12 at 6:17ampost #1342 of 166919/7/12 at 8:23ampost #1343 of 166919/7/12 at 10:13ampost #1344 of 166919/7/12 at 10:18ampost #1345 of 166919/7/12 at 10:21ampost #1346 of 166919/7/12 at 10:35amQuote:
its one of the models i wanted when i was ordering and i asked about itQuote:
i believe its 20% up-charge but may be wrong, plz correct me guyspost #1347 of 166919/7/12 at 10:35amQuote:I did use the discount shelf in Palma. Good stuff.Originally Posted by Leaves
It's really hard to find and it's a very small factory. Apart from the administrative and creative staff maybe 20-25 craftsmen. I could not find it by the GPS either; the address I got from the Carmina-people directed me to a residential area across the road. But regardless, they did not seem to have a factory outlet (like EG etc). They did seem to have a more or less permanent "discount shelf" in the Palma store though, maybe that's the best bet for a good discount deal on Carmina shoes while in Mallorca.post #1348 of 166919/7/12 at 10:46ampost #1349 of 166919/7/12 at 11:30am
What I got is actually very similar to the Epaulet x Carmina group buy bal boot, so maybe that's a little boring... but it's exactly what I want! So... dark cognac shell balmoral boot with perforated captoe and Dainite soles on Forest last. So pretty much exactly this but shell: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3465222Quote:
Yes, I believe it was a 20% upcharge. I actually think it's 30%, see below. The conversion from USD to Euros is very nice right now.
Edited by mymil - 9/7/12 at 12:15pmpost #1350 of 166919/7/12 at 11:34amQuote:how much extra for shell?Originally Posted by mymil
What I got is actually very similar to the Epaulet x Carmina group buy bal boot, so maybe that's a little boring... but it's exactly what I want! So... dark cognac shell balmoral boot with perforated captoe and Dainite soles on Forest last. So pretty much exactly this but shell: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3465222
Yes, I believe it was a 20% upcharge. The conversion from USD to Euros is very nice right now.
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › GMTO Awesome Carmina Polo Suede Semi-Brogue, Rain Last, perfect for... 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Tassel Loafer 9E Crockett & Jones 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...