i want boots for the winter. I am in and out of my car and in the street all day long. It is often wet in the winter here. I do not want to destroy leather soles. Also, from what I can tell with my steinbecks, you don't see the rubber sole at all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Yesterday at 7:54 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 90post #1337 of 192499/6/12 at 9:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by stlms3
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Going back through this thread and enjoying the shoe porn, I saw this post and figured I would repost the photo that i posted in the epaulet thread.
These boots are awesome. I love the leather. It is meant to be pretty durable but still looks quite elegant IMHO. God I can't wait for a cool or rainy day to wear these!.. Damn 95* September days with 90% humidity!post #1338 of 192499/7/12 at 12:02amQuote:Originally Posted by stlms3
Oh also, I just got turned on to Carmina a couple of months ago. Do they restock their estore often? Should we expect any new boots for the fall? I REALLY want some balmorals, but missed the Epaulet MTO and they do not plan on bringing any in any time soon... balmorals (not the all suedes on the site) with some type of rubber sole is what I am looking for in particular.
email carmina, they have a shell bal boot in burgandy, Model 080092 on the forrest last, and no they dont restock their store often its been the same for a while.post #1339 of 192499/7/12 at 5:01amQuote:
When did you hear this? I just sent Betty an email to confirm, but as of a month ago (August 7th) they only had this in suede according to her.post #1340 of 192499/7/12 at 6:05am
Ok, so Betty already got back to me... took 30 minutes tops. They have the cordovan balmoral on a robert last with a leather sole. What would my options be for making the sole water resistant? Sorry,but I am a noob. Also, when the sole needs replacing, can I have it replaced with a york (half dainite) sole?
The carmina #8 looks a lot prettier than most others in photos. I hope that holds true in person if I jump on this.
Thanks for the help!post #1341 of 192499/7/12 at 6:17ampost #1342 of 192499/7/12 at 8:23ampost #1343 of 192499/7/12 at 10:13ampost #1344 of 192499/7/12 at 10:18ampost #1345 of 192499/7/12 at 10:21ampost #1346 of 192499/7/12 at 10:35amQuote:
its one of the models i wanted when i was ordering and i asked about itQuote:
i believe its 20% up-charge but may be wrong, plz correct me guyspost #1347 of 192499/7/12 at 10:35amQuote:I did use the discount shelf in Palma. Good stuff.Originally Posted by Leaves
It's really hard to find and it's a very small factory. Apart from the administrative and creative staff maybe 20-25 craftsmen. I could not find it by the GPS either; the address I got from the Carmina-people directed me to a residential area across the road. But regardless, they did not seem to have a factory outlet (like EG etc). They did seem to have a more or less permanent "discount shelf" in the Palma store though, maybe that's the best bet for a good discount deal on Carmina shoes while in Mallorca.post #1348 of 192499/7/12 at 10:46ampost #1349 of 192499/7/12 at 11:30am
What I got is actually very similar to the Epaulet x Carmina group buy bal boot, so maybe that's a little boring... but it's exactly what I want! So... dark cognac shell balmoral boot with perforated captoe and Dainite soles on Forest last. So pretty much exactly this but shell: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3465222Quote:
Yes, I believe it was a 20% upcharge. I actually think it's 30%, see below. The conversion from USD to Euros is very nice right now.
Edited by mymil - 9/7/12 at 12:15pmpost #1350 of 192499/7/12 at 11:34amQuote:how much extra for shell?Originally Posted by mymil
What I got is actually very similar to the Epaulet x Carmina group buy bal boot, so maybe that's a little boring... but it's exactly what I want! So... dark cognac shell balmoral boot with perforated captoe and Dainite soles on Forest last. So pretty much exactly this but shell: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3465222
Yes, I believe it was a 20% upcharge. The conversion from USD to Euros is very nice right now.
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › 'Signature Bespoke' - Mo Adousa -Savile Row/Liverpool? 38 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › turkish airlines 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...