Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 3:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 4:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 5:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 601
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9002 of 144308/1/14 at 6:30pmpost #9003 of 144308/2/14 at 1:19pmpost #9004 of 144308/2/14 at 1:24pmpost #9005 of 144308/2/14 at 3:33pmpost #9006 of 144308/2/14 at 3:40pmpost #9007 of 144308/2/14 at 4:18pm
No, just did an MTO of the same design. Paid a fortune.
As you seem to already know, Epaulet did a GMTO. They let a few people back out due to production delays. One of them happened to be my size. I went down there to buy it, but they sold it to someone else a day earlier. Would have just bought it online, but their website says NOT RETURNS and I wasn't aware at that time of their special exemption for SF members.
TBH, I get very cold welcomes from the folks at Epaulet, so it helps ease the pain of missing the initial opportunity and having to pay a different retailer significantly more to get it.post #9008 of 144308/2/14 at 7:28pmpost #9009 of 144308/2/14 at 7:53pmpost #9010 of 144308/2/14 at 9:43pmpost #9011 of 144308/2/14 at 10:13pmpost #9012 of 144308/3/14 at 3:22ampost #9013 of 144308/3/14 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by venividivicibj
@Bakes11771 is that the loden suede? How do you like the color?
I like it a lot. When I first saw them, I thought it wasn't for me.
I actually had the guys at the Armoury have a pair of grey string loafers sent over from the the HK store, but when I got them, they were really more blue than grey. Practically speaking, you would have to wear them as blue shoes. I brought em back and exchanged them for the loden, and I'm happy that I did.
I think there may be some variation with the loden. I think mine is on the lighter and greener side. I think sometimes it can turn out to be darker and more grey.
Short answer, I really like the color, especially for this kind of shoe. Plan to wear them with navy trousers, but they would go great khakis as well. Got a matching (not an exact match) belt from Steve at Gentleman's footwear.post #9014 of 144308/3/14 at 7:14am
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 11 minutes ago
- › On the hunt for boots $4-$500. Need recommendations. 12 minutes ago
- › New Styles Added! Eidos Napoli Jackets & Suits - 42, 44, 46 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...