Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Yesterday at 2:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 11:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 6:16 am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 309post #4621 of 143036/24/13 at 6:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4622 of 143036/24/13 at 7:28pmpost #4623 of 143036/24/13 at 7:45pmQuote:
I've got AS Ramsey on 99, Carmina single monks on Simpson, and Carmina dub munks on Inca.
What's your question?
I find the 99 and Inca fit my feet better, but my feet aren't your feet.
Since the AS is $100 less than the Carminas you're looking at, I'd go with AS.post #4624 of 143036/25/13 at 3:09ampost #4625 of 143036/25/13 at 3:14amQuote:
Thanks for your comments. I was primarily interested in a quality and longevity comparison between the brands. Does Carmina warrant the extra $100 in this case.post #4626 of 143036/25/13 at 4:56amQuote:
Longevity or durability really isn't a factor generally when comparing most goodyear welted shoes over the $300 mark. I really can't expect a pair of John Lobbs to last any longer than a pair of Allen Edmonds if they are both cared for properly. True some manufactures may use some better materials than others, but this is also true when they differentiate between their benchgrade and handgrade line of shoes. However this does not tend to affect the overall durability one way or the other with regards to various shoes.
Fit should be your first concern as some Lasts by some manufactures will not fit you as good as others. If the shoe doesn't fit then those pair of John Lobbs won't get worn no matter how much you paid for.
Is the shoe in the style I am looking for?
Is the shoe as pleasing to my eye as it is to my feet?post #4627 of 143036/25/13 at 6:48ampost #4628 of 143036/25/13 at 8:08amQuote:
I agree with most of this. At that point, it's whatever you think fits better. Or whatever is local. Spending more for local is worth it in case you need to return, in my opinion.
I do love Carmina but AS isn't stepping down by any means. If you post you're wearing AS, you won't be getting shit.
eta: I know Wisith has both AS double monks and Carmina double monks. His screen name is... wj4... or w4j...? He posts in the Epaulet thread.post #4629 of 143036/25/13 at 8:11am
Hasn't there been talk about that forever? Do you already have 6? PM around and see what interest you have, then take it to one of the manymanymany Carmina resellers. I haven't done an MTO with Epaulet just because it's so confusing in the thread and they get behind. I've done it with Skoak who is great and GFW which is great and local to Cali.post #4630 of 143036/25/13 at 9:58ampost #4631 of 143036/25/13 at 10:13ampost #4632 of 143036/25/13 at 10:22ampost #4633 of 143036/25/13 at 10:33ampost #4634 of 143036/25/13 at 10:36ampost #4635 of 143036/25/13 at 11:04amQuote:
there are a vast array of offerings and options. Email them directly.........
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 48 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 55 seconds ago
- › need a good vest, and some shirts 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 2 minutes ago
- › BRAND NEW 12 x SAPHIR CREME/CREAM SURFINE SHOE POLISH TOTAL CARE 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...