Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on 7/27/15 at 2:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 12:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:42 pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 243post #3631 of 143133/29/13 at 12:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3632 of 143133/29/13 at 12:37pmpost #3633 of 143133/29/13 at 1:51pmpost #3634 of 143133/29/13 at 7:12pmQuote:
Do you know if they source their Shell from Horween - Chicago?post #3635 of 143133/29/13 at 8:31pmpost #3636 of 143133/29/13 at 8:53pmpost #3637 of 143133/29/13 at 9:20pmpost #3638 of 143133/29/13 at 11:18pmpost #3639 of 143133/30/13 at 12:12ampost #3640 of 143133/30/13 at 4:20amThose Ruby boots are stunning, gutted I never got in on that MTO.
Here's a cross post from the Epaulet thread, any advice on how to deal with my sole would be appreciated.Quote:Originally Posted by Jagger_On
My Saddle Shell Sallingers have been through the wars a bit but there still holding up pretty well. Whether its wearing them to a wedding and getting a horrible scratch on one of the toe caps from a high heel or wearing them to the Christmas do thinking it would finish at 5pm and then not getting home until 5 am. One of these days, I'll learn. Here's a couple of pics of how they are holding up.
Having said all that, I got home from work the other day and noticed this on the sole. I must have stood on some glass or something. Is there a quick fix for this or will I have to go and get them re-soled or re-crafted?
Thankspost #3641 of 143133/30/13 at 6:21amQuote:
Best to have this fully resoled, unfortunately no quick fix will last! I had the same happen to pair of JL shoes I had and had to have the full pair resoled, the sad part was I had only worn them about a dozen times when it happened.post #3642 of 143133/30/13 at 7:13ampost #3643 of 143133/30/13 at 7:42amQuote:A dozen times? How far do you walk? Jagger, that hole is just the outsole wearing out to the point you can see the cork. A full resole/refurb would be advised. Can you send them back to Carmina? That would be best since they should be able to use the original last to keep the shape.
This typically happens after 2-3 years of wear for me on single soles shoes. Congrats! I find it an accomplishment when I wear soles down (okay, maybe you don't), it's evidence that I get good use out of them.post #3644 of 143133/30/13 at 9:37ampost #3645 of 143133/30/13 at 10:41amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by DpprDr
A dozen times? How far do you walk? Jagger, that hole is just the outsole wearing out to the point you can see the cork. A full resole/refurb would be advised. Can you send them back to Carmina? That would be best since they should be able to use the original last to keep the shape.
This typically happens after 2-3 years of wear for me on single soles shoes. Congrats! I find it an accomplishment when I wear soles down (okay, maybe you don't), it's evidence that I get good use out of them.
Cheers. Is that all it is? I've had soles wear it plenty of times and it never looked that but these are a step up from any previous shoes I've had resoled. It just looked to me like something had cut into the sole as I hadn't seen any previous evidence that the sole was ready to go. Yeah, I do wear them a ton and I am quite heavy on my feet so that doesn't help.
I'm in the UK so sending them off to Spain isn't too much of an issue. I'll fire off an email to Carmina, anybody any idea of how much that might set me back?
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1634 Active Users (379 Members and 1255 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 10 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...