York sole might be a good middle way.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 12:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 10:44 am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 187post #2791 of 143241/10/13 at 2:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2792 of 143241/10/13 at 2:22pmpost #2793 of 143241/10/13 at 3:13pmpost #2794 of 143241/10/13 at 3:15pm
Skoakti or epaulet.
From mike at epaulet:
So, I asked about that. The leather there is called "Lama," which is a soft tumbled calfskin. You guys may have seen our Fitzgerald shortwing in the grey version of this leather. It's excellent, but the supplier recently went out of business. They may have enough to make a few pieces up, but I'll have to find out. In person it's pretty close in tone to caramel calfskin, so it might be a bit of a duplication there.
It might be difficult but let's see if there's a possibility!post #2795 of 143241/10/13 at 4:07pmQuote:
The Forest is not really wide or Bulbous. Oscar is probably the closest, but as a boot it only really fits that description in a side-by-side with Forest.post #2796 of 143241/10/13 at 4:20pmQuote:
Nice photoshop, man. Got me some cognac shell ptbs from Paul and Friends I scored for 500 bucks on eBay coming soon.post #2797 of 143241/10/13 at 4:22pmpost #2798 of 143241/10/13 at 4:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
No, not any plans as we have it in Vegano Marron. If you get a minimum of 6 people together for a Group MTO the price is 3400 SEK (2720 SEK ex VAT, approx. $400).
We're doing exactly this boot for fall in "Camel Grain", but with a York sole or possibly a brown Commando sole.
I will be purchasing if I beat the other vulchers to it. Fantastic boot. Which last? (ok, maybe I won't, depending...).post #2799 of 143241/10/13 at 5:05pmpost #2800 of 143241/10/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
I have them and they're great, especially for that price. I wear them in the same size as I wear all other lasts (except Simpson). For the price, I'd get them and not look back. Great loafer, IMO.
Here's a pic of them next to the Soller-lasted chukkas from http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/post #2801 of 143241/10/13 at 6:18pmpost #2802 of 143241/10/13 at 6:33pmpost #2803 of 143241/10/13 at 6:40pmpost #2804 of 143241/10/13 at 6:42pmpost #2805 of 143241/10/13 at 6:57pm
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Opinion on athletic style quarter zip tops 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments Bedford Jacket in cotton charcoal houndstooth 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy Rice Field Jacket - sz 50 (M-L) 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Laptop/messenger bag matching 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...