Believe me, you're at the top of my list next time I want a pair of fine footwear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 434post #6496 of 1975911/14/13 at 8:14ampost #6497 of 1975911/14/13 at 12:27pmpost #6498 of 1975911/14/13 at 1:14pmpost #6499 of 1975911/14/13 at 1:19pmpost #6500 of 1975911/14/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
(1) if Simpson -- a narrow last -- is just right for you, Rain -- a medium-width last -- and Inca -- a wide last -- will likely not fit you well at all.
(2) the price for shoes that fit is a great price.post #6501 of 1975911/14/13 at 1:34pmpost #6502 of 1975911/14/13 at 1:35pmI don't have anything on the Simpson. My Incas are 1 full size down from US size. My Rains are 1 full size down but they are single monks and, frankly, don't fit me so well. Kind of loose on my smaller foot. I don't know if a lace up would be better. It is hard to use those in the comparison.
I wear 7.5D in the Aberdeen, if that helps.post #6503 of 1975911/14/13 at 6:42pmpost #6504 of 1975911/14/13 at 6:45pmpost #6505 of 1975911/14/13 at 6:47pmpost #6506 of 1975911/14/13 at 6:51pmpost #6507 of 1975911/14/13 at 7:27pmpost #6508 of 1975911/14/13 at 7:33pmpost #6509 of 1975911/14/13 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Todd V
I don't have anything on the Simpson. My Incas are 1 full size down from US size. My Rains are 1 full size down but they are single monks and, frankly, don't fit me so well. Kind of loose on my smaller foot. I don't know if a lace up would be better. It is hard to use those in the comparison.
I wear 7.5D in the Aberdeen, if that helps.
I have the same problem with rain. It's not a good last if you have a low instep. Try Simpson or Phila instead.post #6510 of 1975911/15/13 at 2:14pmThe ShoeMart website is driving me bunkers. Two days ago there were plenty of choices in my size yesterday morning I tried to buy Anders Penny Loafer in Suede, only to realize that it sold out. Then went on the site last night a magically Essex Captoe appeared in Black as well as Alston Oxford in Brown, i was too lazy to go through the check out. This morning everything is gone again... dang. Were the Essex and Alston customer returns or some system fluke...
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Currently, there are 1675 Active Users (344 Members and 1331 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 seconds ago
- › Workout clothes with no logos 38 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply LaSpalla/Jort - 38/40R - Birdseye Mint 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Strand Dainite Resole Thickness? 6 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...