Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Yesterday at 7:17 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 332post #4966 of 195457/4/13 at 3:39pmpost #4967 of 195457/4/13 at 3:47pmPSA for anyone headed to Paris in July, the Carmina store there has quite a few models on sale, including some shell. I had two pairs shipped home They deducted VAT when I asked and explained that I wanted the shoes sent back to the States. Miho was the sales person who assisted me. She was great and spoke English well.
Sorry, I didn't get photos in the store. It was quite busy that afternoon.post #4968 of 195457/4/13 at 4:04pmpost #4969 of 195457/4/13 at 4:06pmpost #4970 of 195457/4/13 at 4:16pmpost #4971 of 195457/4/13 at 4:23pmpost #4972 of 195457/4/13 at 4:39pmpost #4973 of 195457/4/13 at 7:26pmpost #4974 of 195457/4/13 at 7:46pmpost #4975 of 195457/4/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
Filename is 9b22af51_RonRiderBootCoWanutCordovanResize1.jpegpost #4976 of 195457/5/13 at 4:27am
We are now finalising the participant list for the 80184 jumper boot group MTO - Oscar last, dark Cognac shell, Dainite sole, brown lining, through Skoaktiebolaget.
Anyone who's been hemming-and-hawing, now is your last chance. We already have a quorum of participants. In two or three days the list will be closed off and the boots ordered.
Three months (approx.) to delivery. 30% discount off the individual MTO price brings these beauties in at 4480SEK (ex VAT), 50% deposit up front via Paypal, shoe trees 640SEK (ex VAT), shipping extra.
Here's a very different boot (model, last, sole all quite different) which I'm posting simply to demonstrate the "dark Cognac" colour we are specifying for this MTO.
You can see it's slightly darker than the shell colour in the first photo. Horween do make two shades of Cognac and we are specifying the darker shade.
Again to demonstrate colour variation, here's a still darker "Cognac" shell cordovan boot from Carmina, this time for Epaulet. Possibly also a model 80184 like ours, but with a double leather sole instead of our Dainite. I suspect it's also on a different last.
PM me or Leaves if you want in. Remember, the order closes off in three days.post #4977 of 195457/5/13 at 6:00ampost #4978 of 195457/5/13 at 6:16ampost #4979 of 195457/5/13 at 6:18am
I jumped onto the website ASAP to check. I was actually thinking of that exact makeup as one that I really wanted, and was on the fence about pitching it, but there's a ton of Carmina MTOs going on right now.
I can't tell if that's cognac or saddle shell, as its quite dark given the lighting.post #4980 of 195457/5/13 at 6:39am
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › NEW JOHN LOBB WARWICK DERBY 9.5 E FITTING UK ON 1000 LAST 31 seconds ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 42 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...