I wasn't being a smartass; I'm in on the MTO, am worried about sizing, and have no experience with those other lasts. Given that I have no idea how his foot is shaped, I can't infer too much from his description.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Yesterday at 6:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 126post #1877 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:13pmThe shell MTO is closed.
The interest have been great and we ended up with 17 people. This must be some sort of record. Closing a group buy at SF in one week sounds impossible but miracles happen
The partisipants will get a PM as soon as i´m done sorting the data out. Don´t PM me, my inbox will burstpost #1878 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Concub1ne
Alright then, just back from the store after having tried the Oscar last. FWIW my experience of other lasts is pretty much limited to Alfred Sargent, where I am a 7.5 in last 99, 109, and 724.
This is the shoe I tried: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-80188-oscar-marron. What was immediately apparent was that it was real snug around the heel, snug enough that I would hesitate in wearing my normal size if I were to walk around in it all day. It was also a bit tight around the instep and the waist, though this could be alleviated by lacing the shoes a bit looser than I might normally like. I imagine this might not be quite as pronounced in a derby, but I am by no means an expert.
I then tried the same shoe in a size 8, which pretty much resolved every issue I had with the 7.5 without making the shoe too big in other areas. In retrospect I of course should have compared it to other Carmina lasts, unfortunately I did not. In conclusion I will be going up half a size. My thinking is that I will likely want to wear a thicker sock in the winter, and as I was a bit hesitant of my normal size to begin with, this fact put me over the edge.
EDIT: Oh and for those who were wondering the cognac is pretty damn attractive in the flesh.
Just wanted to say that the 80188 is a nice looking shoe. Not sure I've seen many brouge-less, straight cap oxfords with a counter like that. Melikes.
Skoaktiebolaget has some fine makeups.post #1879 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:27pmpost #1880 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
You ended up on the sweet side of that dealio. Those navy shell boots will be among your favorites for a LLLLOONNNGGGGG time.
Which in your world is what? Perhaps three or four months!??!?!?!?!?!?!post #1881 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Very nice gives off a modified last look a bit. Really bummed shoes&shirts won't ship to the USA they have a ravello model similar to this for sub 700 with VATpost #1882 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:37pmQuote:
Oh you cold, g, ice cold. I'm going to live those shoes a long time. I'm convinced now that navy shell is the most versatile shoe colorpost #1883 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:40pmQuote:
Hands off (enter hand slapping .gif)
No more shoes for you (enter soup nazi .gif)
Why aren't you working, NAMOR? (enter Donald trump fired .gif)post #1884 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:42pm
I realized that my account would be a bit lacking when I typed it. I just figured it might be of some limited value. I took digletts comment to be a bit tongue in cheek though, so I'm not offended. Frank also compelled me to make a last comparison, but in my haste I didn't check my PMs and so I neglected it. My bad.
OT: I think digletts avatar is Tom Hardy from the movie "Bronson". I have not seen it though, so I just read all his posts in the voice of Bane. Now you know something about me.post #1885 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:42pmpost #1886 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:49pm
It's obviously not a huge issue that you didn't check out the other Carmina lasts (as nobody expected you to do that in the first place), but it would have been nice. Regardless, I'm sure some folks could make good use of your comparisons.
Oh, and you're absolutely right about the avatar.post #1887 of 1954810/12/12 at 3:59pmpost #1888 of 1954810/12/12 at 5:18pmpost #1889 of 1954810/12/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
ICE ICE Baby.
I don't even own navy shell (yet) but those bootz have definitely stuck in my mind. I can imagine a gazillion ways to wear them.post #1890 of 1954810/12/12 at 5:53pm
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Vintage Fabrics - Dormeuil Dormysport, Minnis Rangoon 25 minutes ago
- › $699 BNWT Suit Supply Jort Casentino US40 EU50 26 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 28 minutes ago
- › My week in suits 30 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 33 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...