Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 7:17 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1155post #17311 of 195133/27/16 at 4:56ampost #17312 of 195133/27/16 at 8:16ampost #17313 of 195133/27/16 at 10:35ampost #17314 of 195133/27/16 at 10:39amQuote:
Herring Shoes in the UK has wide widths available from many English Makers. I can only recommend the shoes that are specifically made in the UK however:
They also have a search tab for "Very Wide" offerings as well.
Thanks.post #17315 of 195133/27/16 at 10:48amQuote:
Crockett and Jones makes the most excellent Pembroke in tan country calf in G fitting. Fantastic shoe and fits me well. It's on my list of future acquisitions.
Vass will also make shoes in G and H width (F is standard), but MTOs involve a bit of waiting and trial and error. Only around 4-6 weeks though. Not nearly as excruciating as Alden.post #17316 of 195133/27/16 at 12:47pmQuote:
Is the Simpson last on the tighter side for you? Most people go up a half size from forest to Uetam. The guy that went a half size down is certainly not the norm.
I have wide feet and wear a UK7 in the Rain, Forest, and Soller last. I bought UK7.5 Uetam last and had them stretched at the instep, and it's still a bit uncomfortable. Uetam is both narrow and very low instep.post #17317 of 195133/28/16 at 11:52pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Quote:
Thanks guys! And I have to admit I was positively surprised myself. Now they are just great, wearing them in fact at the moment.
And shortly about the process I did for them.
First I took spirit vinegar and diluted it with water (1 part vinegar and 3 parts water). Next I watered cotton cloth with the mixture and wiped the shoes properly with the moist cloth. After I had cleaned the shoes properly I set them to dry (for a day about).
After drying I needed to moisturize the shoes, as the leather uppers seemed to be quite dry (even though clean at that time). I took a Chelsea Leather Food and greased the shoes throughout with a cotton cloth. After that I took hair dryer to heat the wax and leather a little bit to allow the wax to be absorbed better and moisturize the leather properly. After that I let the shoes to dry again. This time for a couple of days actually. Every now and then I used a horse hair brush to brush off extra wax and dirt.
Finally I gave the shoes a proper polishing by using Saphir Renovator and some wax-polish.post #17318 of 195133/29/16 at 2:22ampost #17319 of 195133/29/16 at 2:34amQuote:
Rain Last, UK 10 fits me well and I wear Simpson in size 10.5 UK (slightly snug). I would recommend Size 10.0 UK for Uetam (I wear 10.5 UK) but I have relatively narrow feet so the fit doesn't bother me. For others, Uetam may not work due to its narrowness and intstep.post #17320 of 195133/29/16 at 2:53pmpost #17321 of 195133/29/16 at 3:27pmQuote:
Skoak will be getting tassels suede loafers soon.post #17322 of 195133/29/16 at 3:51pmpost #17323 of 195133/30/16 at 3:58ampost #17324 of 195133/30/16 at 6:13ampost #17325 of 195133/30/16 at 1:50pm
I am looking for a Carmina LWB in their Detroit last, size 10 UK, in a tan/walnut calf leather (no shell or suede).
This model is out of stock on the website (it's not even listed anymore) and I cannot for the life of me find it on any other online retailer.
Does anyone know of any lesser known retailers that are still carrying an LWB in 10 UK.
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 17 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 17 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway