Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 6:22 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1145post #17161 of 195583/3/16 at 12:50pmpost #17162 of 195583/3/16 at 12:57pmpost #17163 of 195583/3/16 at 1:08pmQuote:
Loafers go well with shorts, but I'm not sure Carmina's styles of loafers are good for that sort of thing. I think what you want is a good beefroll penny loafer like what Rancourt offers. All of Carmina's loafers lean towards the more formal.post #17164 of 195583/3/16 at 1:36pmQuote:
I'm actually looking to get a second pair for that exact reason.post #17165 of 195583/3/16 at 3:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by bamgrinus
Loafers go well with shorts, but I'm not sure Carmina's styles of loafers are good for that sort of thing. I think what you want is a good beefroll penny loafer like what Rancourt offers. All of Carmina's loafers lean towards the more formal.
Yeah, I've thought about a beefroll but they don't have any "shape." Those rancourts aren't bad though, esp at the price.
I like the shape of the uetam last and suit supply/cobbler unions (for a little cheaper alternative). I'm not sure I can pull off a string or tassel here in Texas though...
edit: these aren't carmina's but these look like a neat summer loafer:post #17166 of 195583/4/16 at 2:19ampost #17167 of 195583/4/16 at 5:00amQuote:
All my shoes look like that from the first wear, too. I guess I push off hard with my toes.post #17168 of 195583/4/16 at 5:12ampost #17169 of 195583/4/16 at 5:13amQuote:
I don't do loafers and I don't do shorts.post #17170 of 195583/4/16 at 6:00amQuote:
I have the same problem.
You can get metal toe-taps installed to help with this problem.
You may also take shorter strides at a slower pace.
Metal toe-taps are more practical.post #17171 of 195583/4/16 at 6:11amQuote:
Fair warning those wood floors may take a beating with metal toe taps. If you wear shoes indoors that it.post #17172 of 195583/4/16 at 6:45ampost #17173 of 195583/4/16 at 7:36amQuote:Originally Posted by insy
So I finally have a nice pair which fits well (besides the Llubi Boot) :)
I've worn them once yesterday, perhaps for 5 mins outside. Obviously that doesn't look too well. What can I do? My first impression was that they might be too long, which they are not.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yeah, that's normal, not much you can do about it other than apply toe taps. Applying edge dressing will make it less noticeable.
Incidentally, any brands of edge dressing people like for that medium brown pictured?post #17174 of 195583/4/16 at 7:38ampost #17175 of 195583/4/16 at 7:58am
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 20 seconds ago
- › Margiela Navy Crewneck Sweater Large (50 31 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 33 seconds ago
- › NWT Filson Forrestry Cloth Cruiser Jacket Limited Edition Size 48... 40 seconds ago
- › How to make darts less noticeable? 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...