Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/14/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/14/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/14/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/14/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Brown Double Monks $300- $400 range Last post on 9/13/12 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:13am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoe P0rn. - Page 383
Styleforum Top Picks
There has been a tremendous and comprehensive back and forth about this, and recently too. Please use the search function and you will find what there is to find.
I will summarize as best I can, but my knowledge is thoroughly second-hand: reading the same posts you can read, so my apologies if my summary is off. It appears to be hit and miss: when people order from Carmina, sometimes people are charged, sometimes not. There appears to be no predictability to what triggers duty charges except it seems that people say it happens when DHL ships. More than one retailer has said that if you order through a retailer, you pay the retailer what the retailer charges, and any duties are taken care of by the retailer.
Duties on Importing leather shoes from Spain should be about 8.5% of purchase price (if they are assessed). The carrier may also charge a broker fee but this should be fairly nominal. Ordering from retailers around the world and shipping to the US can also result in duties. Not sure whether or not the retailers will reimburse for any duties charged....
Widen your search. This question gets asked and answered over and over.
There's an entire thread in SW&D dedicated to customs and duty.
All you need to know is that duty for shoes should be about 8.5%.
FedEx fees are about $25-30. UPS are similar. DHL are about $12.
Your likelihood of being assessed anything with USPS are slim.
Carmina ships DHL but there are reports they use FedEx too.
Farfetch ship DDP so no worries about additional costs.
Don't order lizard or python or crocodile.
depends on the courier. DHL/Fed Ex are the worst. Royal Mail/USPS are good
I am not sure that is the case.
My experience: if ordering fm carmina direct there will alway be duty if it is applicable, as they go by the book and declare full value.
If ordering from a stockist, you request that they use USPS, Royal Mail etc and declare a lower value so as not to incur duties.
I believe we are at 5 interests for the above boot in Navy cordovan...I think people were leaning toward blind eyelets and hooks...if you are interested please let Steve know...would be great to get the order in this week to make a late fall delivery...
I hope this is not the deal breaker for our 5 participants (I will be sending yall an PM shortly) But I was just told that the boots needs to retain the 5 eyelet ;(
Sorry its not the 'real world photo' but our 922 dark brown pictures taken out in the wild. ;)
Restock 5.5 - 12 uk due in September!
Update - just purchased the brown, the dark brown above is a little too formal for what i want to wear these with
Edited by g-banger - 8/26/13 at 3:16pm
PM LuisCF who works in the Paris store or email Betty at firstname.lastname@example.org to check generally.
- Carmina Shoe P0rn.
- › Manila Tailor 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 3 minutes ago
- › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 23 minutes ago
- › Hall of Shame - eBay Listing Bloopers, What NOT to do 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw