or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoe P0rn.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoe P0rn. - Page 381

post #5701 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredandTired View Post

Those are light colored boots. I forget if they were requested as light or dark.

That's our grain jumper I believe.
post #5702 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

That's our grain jumper I believe.
I think I have to pay you a visit soon!
post #5703 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Looks like second run of skoaktie boots are almost ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

That's our grain jumper I believe.

I realize now that it's not our boots, we have it on the Oscar and with a storm welt. I think those might be for Epaulet.
EDIT: They actually are our boots, just spoke to Betty. smile.gif They have not made the final finish on the color though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanoiboy View Post

When is the ETA on the dark cognac jumpers through Skob?

Should be end of September or early October, the factory just opened up again.
Edited by Leaves - 8/21/13 at 2:26am
post #5704 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

That's our grain jumper I believe.

Those are going to look phenominal when they apply the burnishing...cannot wait to purchase a pair...
post #5705 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


I realize now that it's not our boots, we have it on the Oscar and with a storm welt. I think those might be for Epaulet.
EDIT: They actually are our boots, just spoke to Betty. smile.gifThey have not made the final finish on the color though.
Should be end of September or early October, the factory just opened up again.

Hi Leaves,

Is there another group MTO that might be in the works for the same boot in dark cognac shell on Oscar last?

Thanks
post #5706 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

Those are going to look phenominal when they apply the burnishing...cannot wait to purchase a pair...

Just got a picture from Betty of the finished boot with burnishing. As you said, looks super nice! Sorry for the low quality pic, it's from Betty's phone. I hope we get this around mid-September. It's with a commando sole.

post #5707 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Just got a picture from Betty of the finished boot with burnishing. As you said, looks super nice! Sorry for the low quality pic, it's from Betty's phone. I hope we get this around mid-September. It's with a commando sole.


Awesome...looks like a closed welt?...did not realize they could do that with the commando or york soles...

post #5708 of 8962
FALL PRE-ORDER

We've decided for a Navy Cordovan Chukka for our Fall Pre-Order Run.

This is a model I saw in the thread a while back and fell in love with. Navy Cordovan is just so rich in color.
  • Carmina model 708 three eyelet Chukka
  • Navy Cordovan
  • Detroit last
  • Double Tomir Sole (rubber/leather combination sole) with storm welt
  • Red lining
  • 4320 SEK ex VAT, about $655 (5400 SEK inc. VAT)

This is what we're aiming for:



In order to participate in the Pre-order run we will require a 25% deposit. Sign-ups for the Carmina Fall 2013 pre-order run starts today and closes on September 8. Delivery will be around mid-November. Shoe trees optional at 640 ex VAT (800 inc. SWE VAT). Shipping 300 SEK - World Wide. Free shipping - Sweden, Denmark, Finland. EDIT: E-mail sales@skoab.se for more info
Edited by Leaves - 8/21/13 at 3:21pm
post #5709 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Just got a picture from Betty of the finished boot with burnishing. As you said, looks super nice! Sorry for the low quality pic, it's from Betty's phone. I hope we get this around mid-September. It's with a commando sole.


Is it possible to preorder or is it a MTO boot?
post #5710 of 8962
Never had much interest in grained leather, that being said I still want that boot.
post #5711 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

FALL PRE-ORDER

We've decided for a Navy Cordovan Chukka for our Fall Pre-Order Run.

This is a model I saw in the thread a while back and fell in love with. Navy Cordovan is just so rich in color.
  • Carmina model 708 three eyelet Chukka
  • Navy Cordovan
  • Detroit last
  • Double Tomir Sole (rubber/leather combination sole) with storm welt
  • Red lining
  • 4320 SEK ex VAT, about $655 (5400 SEK inc. VAT)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This is what we're aiming for:

 



In order to participate in the Pre-order run we will require a 25% deposit. Sign-ups for the Carmina Fall 2013 pre-order run starts today and closes on September 8. Delivery will be around mid-November. Shoe trees optional at 640 ex VAT (800 inc. SWE VAT). Shipping 300 SEK - World Wide. Free shipping - Sweden, Denmark, Finland.

 

So nice. How does the Detroit last fit?

post #5712 of 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by toblov View Post

Is it possible to preorder or is it a MTO boot?

Pre-orders are possible, sizes available from UK 6.5 to UK 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zielschuss View Post

So nice. How does the Detroit last fit?

It fits similar to Rain, maybe a hair wider even.
post #5713 of 8962

Just got my suede carmina loafers from the armoury --i would've gotten them elsewhere (as good as the armoury is, i don't think anyone can defend their prices) except no one else had my size. Pics will follow later.

 

They fit pretty well but I noticed that there's slight slippage at the heel when walking (they're fine when sitting/crossing legs)--is this merely a result of a stiff leather sole that will eventually go away, or should I be concerned?

post #5714 of 8962

The Armoury has some suede shoes I want but I'm not paying $750 to get them shipped here in the US. Might as well get an MTO for that.

 

Which loafers did you get?

post #5715 of 8962
Do you have a low instep? Loafers are tricky of you do. In that case a tongue pad might help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoe P0rn.