I've had it take 5 weeks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Brown Double Monks $300- $400 range Last post on 9/13/12 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 5/23/14 at 3:57pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoe P0rn. - Page 373
Styles mentioned in this thread:
You can call and ask if there is a bill too
Also for me DHL never charged me any duties for all my studiohomme orders ($300-400 range normally) but any shoe I ordered they have always charged if over $250
The question isn't what the legit charges are. They should be around 8.5% plus whatever the carrier charges for brokerage fees.
The question is whether the sender fills out the customs form with accurate information and whether the customs broker correctly determines the charges.
If you get hit with an incorrect charge, there are hoops you can jump through to get it corrected. Whether that's worth it, it's up to you or you can just bitch about it on the interweb.
Hi Steel28, if you are in the Toronto area, we will take care of duties and shipping for you. Come by our shop and we can certainly arrange an MTO for you.
That is called fraud. And the penalties can be severe. And the business gets absolutely no benefit from this -- the benefit goes only to the buyer -- so the business would be putting itself in harm's way for no good reason.
Given that this fraud is easily detected, and there is nothing to be gained by the business other than exposure to penalties, no business with half a brain would do that. And most businesses would be highly - and correctly -- suspicious of someone who would ask them to do something so stupid.
For Torontonians, I think Leatherfoot is an excellent option. He can deal with everything, including your sizing issues, and all you do is wait for a fine pair of shoes. The other upside is that in the event of a mistake on Carmina's part, you won't be on the hook for any money. Betty messed up my order, and, even though things got fixed, I was still out of pocket a considerable sum, something that would have been averted had I dealt with Leatherfoot.
Agree completely. And the Leatherfoot peeps are first rate in every respect.
I reread my post and it was unduly harsh. I apologize for that. It was unnecessary. For reasons I won't go into the post touched a nerve, but that does not matter. Again, my apologies.
- Carmina Shoe P0rn.
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 12 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 52 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Roden Gray | Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rag & Bone grey herringbone blazer 42 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › New Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Authentic Full Dress... 2 minutes ago
- › The Hobbit (film series) 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)