Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Brown Double Monks $300- $400 range Last post on 9/13/12 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 5/23/14 at 3:57pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoe P0rn. - Page 309
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I've got AS Ramsey on 99, Carmina single monks on Simpson, and Carmina dub munks on Inca.
What's your question?
I find the 99 and Inca fit my feet better, but my feet aren't your feet.
Since the AS is $100 less than the Carminas you're looking at, I'd go with AS.
Thanks for your comments. I was primarily interested in a quality and longevity comparison between the brands. Does Carmina warrant the extra $100 in this case.
Longevity or durability really isn't a factor generally when comparing most goodyear welted shoes over the $300 mark. I really can't expect a pair of John Lobbs to last any longer than a pair of Allen Edmonds if they are both cared for properly. True some manufactures may use some better materials than others, but this is also true when they differentiate between their benchgrade and handgrade line of shoes. However this does not tend to affect the overall durability one way or the other with regards to various shoes.
Fit should be your first concern as some Lasts by some manufactures will not fit you as good as others. If the shoe doesn't fit then those pair of John Lobbs won't get worn no matter how much you paid for.
Is the shoe in the style I am looking for?
Is the shoe as pleasing to my eye as it is to my feet?
I agree with most of this. At that point, it's whatever you think fits better. Or whatever is local. Spending more for local is worth it in case you need to return, in my opinion.
I do love Carmina but AS isn't stepping down by any means. If you post you're wearing AS, you won't be getting shit.
eta: I know Wisith has both AS double monks and Carmina double monks. His screen name is... wj4... or w4j...? He posts in the Epaulet thread.
Hasn't there been talk about that forever? Do you already have 6? PM around and see what interest you have, then take it to one of the manymanymany Carmina resellers. I haven't done an MTO with Epaulet just because it's so confusing in the thread and they get behind. I've done it with Skoak who is great and GFW which is great and local to Cali.
there are a vast array of offerings and options. Email them directly.........
- Carmina Shoe P0rn.
- › Recent purchases - Part II 18 seconds ago
- › Leather jacket confusion 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Interview with Antonio Ciongoli of Eidos Napoli, Part 2 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)