or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoe P0rn.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoe P0rn. - Page 252

post #3766 of 8839
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

I remember someone mentioning that they requested dark or light cognac when they did a MTO with Betty a few pages back. That said, an individual MTO is super pricey these days :/

I got quoted 650 euro + 40 euro shipping for a MTO in saddle shell for the double monk.  Really would love to do a MTO, but would like to get fitted at the store.  One day I will make that trip.

 

I opted to get the cognac shell double monks, another pair of burgundy shell shoes, 2 sets of shoe trees (not sure if they are lasted) and a burgundy shell belt for 1071 euro total.  I really liked the saddle shell double monks from epaulet's website, but could not get a response to save my life (PM and e-mail).  So I purchased directly from the source.  I am currently overseas and asked that she ship it closer to the date I arrive home just in case they don't fit.  I originally wanted to get the black shell wholecuts, but kept reading threads stating black shell would not age like the other colors.  I still need to get a nice tan/black calf shoe and really interested in the Carmina 80105 in Cuero.  Just wish I knew someone that could polish them like the Armoury.

 

Does anyone know if CA will hit me up for duties/customs fees?  I shipped a 15kg box from Beijing and insured it for $1500, but did not have to pay anything (might have been paid by hotel since it cost $600-700 to ship).

post #3767 of 8839

Slow down there, moneybags, you're going to give me a panic attack with those shipping costs.

post #3768 of 8839
Quote:
Originally Posted by unipair guy View Post






Here is some cordovan love for your weekend!  www.unipairstore.com

I really like the tan wingtip second from the left, what model, color, last and calf or shell? Thanks.
post #3769 of 8839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post


I really like the tan wingtip second from the left, what model, color, last and calf or shell? Thanks.

I like that one too.  I think all are shell in that photo.

post #3770 of 8839
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I like that one too.  I think all are shell in that photo.

You're correct, I completely overlooked the word "cordovan" in the description. Would still like to know model, color and last?
post #3771 of 8839

That is the Carmina 922 in whiskey/light brown cordovan on the Rain last.  Please let me know your size and I will check our stock for you!

Unipair Guy

post #3772 of 8839
I'll move this convo to your thread,
post #3773 of 8839
Unipair, excellent makeups. I've enjoyed your posts in each respective thread
post #3774 of 8839

Thank you Namor!  I know you wear a larger size so we might not have your size now but we will add larger sizes in the future.

post #3775 of 8839
Is there anyone in the US that carries Carmina Brown Suede String Loafers? In case I need to exchange them.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100
post #3776 of 8839
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

I remember someone mentioning that they requested dark or light cognac when they did a MTO with Betty a few pages back.

I've mentioned dark/light cognac at various points, but not as a method of getting a darker or lighter cognac. Carmina seem to sometimes refer to saddle shell as "light cognac," which has been a source of confusion when ordering (for me and others). So if you want cognac-cognac (and not saddle, aka "light cognac"), it doesn't hurt to specifically state DARK cognac.

post #3777 of 8839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

I've mentioned dark/light cognac at various points, but not as a method of getting a darker or lighter cognac. Carmina seem to sometimes refer to saddle shell as "light cognac," which has been a source of confusion when ordering (for me and others). So if you want cognac-cognac (and not saddle, aka "light cognac"), it doesn't hurt to specifically state DARK cognac.

uhoh.gif

 

I've decided to just thank my lucky stars that my Skoak jumper boot came out in the shade of Cognac that I wanted, and to never again go for a Cognac MTO. Tooooo risky.

post #3778 of 8839

 

Carmina Single Monk in Marron and White on Alcudia last   www.unipairstore.com

post #3779 of 8839

post #3780 of 8839
Quote:
Originally Posted by unipair guy View Post

 

Carmina Single Monk in Marron and White on Alcudia last   www.unipairstore.com

 

Paging diglett.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoe P0rn.