Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/14/14 at 2:23am in Classic Menswear
- Brown Double Monks $300- $400 range Last post on 9/13/12 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 3/14/14 at 3:23pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoe P0rn. - Page 247
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I think we have four for this MTO. I sent out a PM to the other 3 parties interested.
Erskine Hawkins, I didn't include you as they can only make MTO's virtually the same, which means they can't make some on the Rain and some on the Simpson. I do have some Carmina Rand Double Monks on Rain (Edit: It's actually Inca but it's nearly the same thing I hear, except the toe box is higher) that fit great. They're a 10.5UK. I have some Uetam loafers coming hopefully at the beginning of next week, which fits similar to the Simpson. I sized half a size up from the posts I read. I'll be adjusting the fit of my MTO based on how the Uetam fits.
My loafers shipped to the US were $453.14 after the conversion. About $45 of that was shipping and that's after the VAT discount (20% deducted for non-EU residence). The Adelaides are the same price.
Carmina Burgundy Adelaide, more like deep red (GREAT color)
3400 SEK (2720 ex VAT, approx $420)
Shipping 300SEK ($45ish USA)
I won't post about it much longer, don't want to spam the thread. But if you post or PM that you're interested, that'd be great.
Edit: We are able to proceed with the order with the number we have. I am collecting buyer information now. Speak now or forever hold your peace..
I will need your paypal email address, delivery address and UK Simpson Size. PM me with all that if you are sure you want in.
Edited by mrjester - 4/3/13 at 11:22am
I had my first exposure to the brand yesterday when checking out Toronto's new (and as far as I can figure, only) high end shoe store, LeatherFoot in Yorkville. I've loved the pics I've seen in this thread and elsewhere, but of course there is no substitute for seeing, handling and trying on a broad cross section of the product line.
The bad news for my wallet, I discovered a previously unknown but appararently accute need for a pair of midnight blue wholecuts in shell:
Had fun checking out the G&G and St. Crispins as well. Will post up some more Carminas from the visit later on.
I'm afraid of all that salt and chemicals that was dissolved in the snow during winter, when it melts the water becomes an acid.
My other boots are sno-sealed except these Carminas, also I don't like the behavior of the leather soles on the wet snow and ice.
Thanks dude! Everyone was like wow those are bright. They were really hard to walk with the shaft being so stiff (laugh away) but after a while they were super comfortable.
Namor what you gonna buy out there and where else you visiting?
French Riveira on Monday followed by Italy, then Hungary, Paris, Belgium, Amsterdam?, London, Northampton (slayer)
- Carmina Shoe P0rn.
- › Is this a real lacoste polo? 14 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › MA+ backlace, one-piece shoes, sz 40, excellent condition 2 minutes ago
- › Pre-Owned Shell Cordovan Marlow Wingtips 10D US 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Natural Beefroll Loafer Oakstreet or Rancourt 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Southwick Navy Wool/Cotton/Cashmere 40R 4 minutes ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 4 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw