Just checked in on skoabs site to see how the grain boots were coming. Delayed until february.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Brown Double Monks $300- $400 range Last post on 9/13/12 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Today at 3:58 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoe P0rn. - Page 194
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Many thanks...kind of brings up a dressing to your audience. Is there such a thing as being "overdressed" for an interview, i.e. wearing nicer shoes/clothing than the person doing the interviewing?
From what (very little) I understand about business environments, the big no-nos are wearing things which are usually only worn by higher ranked employees, e.g., double breasted suit jackets, or a 3 piece.
I foolishly miss out the first time, then the restock is delayed by two months. Classic.
Found several Carima's on Skoak's website that are very appealing. Do you guys consider black whole cuts appropriate for a suit and a job interview?
Carmina 910 Black Whole Cuts Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Whole cut and plain cap toe would be perfectly suitable, punched cap toe a little less. I prefer the look of the whole cuts primarily because I think the rain last works better for that style of shoe than the forest.
Most likely by using a cream polish in a color darker than the original leather. Just be careful around seams and brogueing---go over them only when your applicator seems completely out of polish.
I agree and the Rain last is a perfect shape for the whole cut.
So true. More Boomer fail. Was talking to my boss the other day, who was wearing bicycle toes. Ugh.
lol, my boss wears stacy madden (i think thats correct..) faux leather tassel loafers. Ive only know him for a year but apparently hes been replacing them with the same model for 5+ years
- Carmina Shoe P0rn.
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Conrad Wu - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 22 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)