or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Inexpensive polka dot knit ties
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inexpensive polka dot knit ties - Page 2

post #16 of 30
Check out Kent Wang and Howard Yount,I don't know what your price range is,I think they are in the $60-70 range.
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Louche View Post
Last try...

bloomingdales in manhattan had a ton for $29.99

C21 in qns, ny had a ton for $11 or so
post #18 of 30
post #19 of 30
I saw that the tiebar had some the other day. http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPag...ptionValueIds= Only a couple colors in polka dot knit ties, but they had navy.
post #20 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari013 View Post
I saw that the tiebar had some the other day.

http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPag...ptionValueIds=

Only a couple colors in polka dot knit ties, but they had navy.

Just saw this, actually. I wonder if their knits are any better in quality than their regular ties. I was not too impressed with the worsted navy tie I bought from them this winter. Of course, what do you want for 15 bucks, right?
post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Louche View Post
I wonder if their knits are any better in quality than their regular ties.
While I have a few regular Tie Bar ties and find them to be of perfectly satisfactory quality (albeit, nothing remarkable), it may be true that the gulf in quality between adequate silk knit ties and outstanding silk knit ties, tends to be less than is the difference in quality between adequate and outstanding neckties of other types.

So it could well be that their knit ties will seem better in quality.

FWIW, I decided to buy a couple of knit ties from The Tie Bar, just yesterday. (Both extra long. All praise to The Tie Bar for offering so many of its ties in extra long lengths, and for pricing them but a reasonable $5 above the cost of their regular length ties.)
--
Michael
post #22 of 30
http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...tml?rcmndsrc=2 <<but black Sorry, I was hopping you would find something cheap and I was gonna grab one too. Maybe tiebar will see this and add some to their inventory. Hah, my post was beaten by miles. I have a plain tiebar knit tie and it's pretty nice. Their regular ties are pretty good too. Easily as good as the $40-$50 range as Macy's etc.
post #23 of 30
I believe David Hober carries a few, as well -- http://www.samhober.com/ It's probably double your budget (~$85), but well worth it.
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlin View Post
I believe David Hober carries a few, as well -- http://www.samhober.com/

It's probably double your budget (~$85), but well worth it.

I really like Hober's ties and their whole "thing" but sewn knit ties with a triangle tip just seem weird.
post #25 of 30
If you find them for $40 it will be on overstock since that's about the cost of the tie from the mill that makes for Drake's, plus a bit for the person that hand sews the dots.
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlin View Post
I believe David Hober carries a few, as well -- http://www.samhober.com/ It's probably double your budget (~$85), but well worth it.
Metlin, Thank you for thinking of us - but we do not have any knits at all. Officeboy, Thank you for your kind words, while we do not currently work with knits, if we did we would be happy to make knits with triangle tips.
post #27 of 30
Have you checked eBay? I have found quite a few at great prices making it easy to take the chance. Here's a perfect example:
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hober View Post

Metlin,


Thank you for thinking of us - but we do not have any knits at all.

Officeboy,

Thank you for your kind words, while we do not currently work with knits, if we did we would be happy to make knits with triangle tips.

Grenadine isn't a knit?
post #29 of 30
Grenadine is woven, not knitted.
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Louche View Post
Just saw this, actually. I wonder if their knits are any better in quality than their regular ties. I was not too impressed with the worsted navy tie I bought from them this winter. Of course, what do you want for 15 bucks, right?

Their knits are awesome. (for $15) Just get the wider version. This is one of their knits:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Inexpensive polka dot knit ties