Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandHickey Freemantagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandIsaiatagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- itemLuigi Bianchi Mantova Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11More
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicSouthwicktagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 9/13 Last post on 4/28/14 at 6:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) Last post on 8/3/14 at 10:45am in Classic Menswear
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on 9/18/14 at 9:03am in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 4:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 37
Styleforum Top Picks
I am curious if anyone can tell me if this is one of the Zegna higher lines or just simply another way to write the lower Z Zegna type of suits. It has the full name with a Z above it in a circle, and without knowing the history of the labels I am a little confused on what kind of suit this is.
Thanks for the help!
If you don't feel like downloading the pic. It appears to be a navy blue label centered on the top line is a Z in a circle followed by the entire Ermenegildo Zegna name on the line below centered. Is this the higher end? lower end? mid? any clue?
Those should be EG. There is another set of numbers stamped inside, probably on the other side from pic #2 that will have sizing info.
I bought an unknown camel topcoat on Ebay before Christmas for next to nothing; a totally speculative purchase. Though admittedly I still don't really know what I'm talking about, I was impressed when it arrived. It looks and feels great. Its origins, however, are a mystery. I wouldn't have given a second thought if the coat had been crap, but I was intrigued. Below is the only label:
All I have found on Google for various combinations of 'Willson', 'tailor', 'tailoring', 'menswear' etc has been a store in Crawley, UK. Can anyone help me out? Is the place in Crawley the one? Is it a defunct brand from elsewhere? Have I missed something obvious on Google?
Thanks! Edward Greens, huh? That's great!
Unfortunately, it's the same number stamped on both sides of both shoes. I can't find any sign of another stamp or handwritten mark, so if it was there, it's worn off. Is that a common nail pattern for EGs?
Anyone have any thoughts on this? It's difficult to read, I know...
If it helps, here's a text reading of what I can make out:
80% Lana 20% Seta
???? 100% Cupro Bemberg
Legge 88??? 26/11/73 Made in Italy
And here's big pics of all the labels on the suit... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Abla was made by Saintandrews.
- HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 51 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Moncler Rodin Jacket Size 4 14 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 19 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 23 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 28 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...