Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandHickey Freemantagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandIsaiatagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- itemLuigi Bianchi Mantova Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11More
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicSouthwicktagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) Last post on 1/26/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on 2/11/16 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's WeirdestLast edited: 5/30/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 31
Styleforum Top Pickspost #452 of 29969/14/11 at 10:21ampost #453 of 29969/26/11 at 12:04pmpost #454 of 299610/11/11 at 12:26pmpost #455 of 299610/11/11 at 12:37pmQuote:
The single nail pattern, slight fiddle waist and smaller heel cap looks like Alfred Sargent. Here is the bottom of the AS Ramsey:
I will say, however that the Ovadia last looks slightly pointier than the 99 on the Ramsey. Might just be the angle, though.post #456 of 299610/11/11 at 12:47pmpost #457 of 299610/13/11 at 4:19pmpost #458 of 299610/14/11 at 4:03ampost #459 of 299610/25/11 at 2:51pmpost #460 of 299610/31/11 at 12:57pmWould appreciate help in determining who made these Made in England shoes - I picked them up at a moving sale this weekend along with a pair of Trickers. Based on reading this forum and researching on EBAY, I went from Cheaney to C&J to AS . The label is Bowen - a chain of stores in and around Paris - who sold a line of Made in England shoes. A dealer on EBAY sells some of their shoes - ad states their made by C&J. However, on the bottom of the dealer's page, there's an apology and a statement that the shoes are actually made by Alfred Sargent???
Thanks in Advance!post #461 of 299610/31/11 at 3:08pmpost #462 of 299611/1/11 at 10:23pmQuote:
Ironic. I came in this thread to ask about a really nice Zanell coat with that same label. Mine is fully canvassed, lots of handwork, and even has real mother of pearl buttons. I'm very interested to find out who this maker is.post #463 of 299611/5/11 at 2:23pmpost #464 of 299611/6/11 at 8:22am
- HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
- David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's Weirdest
Currently, there are 1404 Active Users (275 Members and 1129 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Corthay 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?