or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 212

post #3166 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


They were launched at the same time I think. The picture of the suit above isn't showing the entire tag. The PZ Lanvin used to use the old PZ tag. Now they've switched over to the newer one as well. I've been to two stores that carried Lanvin and they had tailored items from both companies. The best indicator is the MSRP. I'm 100% positive on this.

But yeah, I don't see the logic behind using two companies.

Here's one with the newer PZ tag:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-1995-LANVIN-Solid-Black-Wool-Suit-Slim-Eu-54-42-44-R-Made-in-Italy-/381752839791?hash=item58e23e0e6f:g:M64AAOxyNo9SxHAZ

I'm sorry but none of this can be true. Yes I agree they obviously had separate manufacturers, cheaper line and then premium line, many of the Couture houses do this. There are shitty Gucci by Zegna suits and then really nice ones, or there are Hermes by Belvest and then Hermes by Cifonelli. However Those tags, none of them are Zileri tags, from now, tomorrow, yesterday, or 5 years ago. Second, why would they contract to Zileri to make their lower tier product? That makes no sense. Zileri makes Zilli Suits, they aren't scrubs, and the Sartoriale line is one of my favorite lines out there. But the problem again, is that those are not Zileri tags, new or old. And these especially did not come out at the same time because Zileri tags would be evident then and then are not. This is a contracted firm to make baseline Lanvin suiting. 

post #3167 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloRLOw View Post
 

hi, Jompso

 

how can i tell the differentiation of the quality from the isaia tags?

 

i see some isaia coats with machine made buttonholes, i doubt the quality is not equal to mainline, but the inside tag is same IIRC.

 

thanks!

Hey, well the differences are quite evident when you place the tags next to one another. Isaia Mainline next to Gianluca Napoli and you will see a distinguishable difference. Same next to Enrico Isaia, or next to brands such as Eidos or Michealangelo. It all depends which Isaia manufacturing facility the garment was made in, that will let you know which tier or production quality scale it is on. And look at what I just saw today.....

 

I can't believe I don't have a pic of the tag, but it has totally changed too. The quality is also waaaayyy downhill too. It's terrible, Isaia made some of the best product you could buy.

post #3168 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

I'm sorry but none of this can be true. Yes I agree they obviously had separate manufacturers, cheaper line and then premium line, many of the Couture houses do this. There are shitty Gucci by Zegna suits and then really nice ones, or there are Hermes by Belvest and then Hermes by Cifonelli. However Those tags, none of them are Zileri tags, from now, tomorrow, yesterday, or 5 years ago. Second, why would they contract to Zileri to make their lower tier product? That makes no sense. Zileri makes Zilli Suits, they aren't scrubs, and the Sartoriale line is one of my favorite lines out there. But the problem again, is that those are not Zileri tags, new or old. And these especially did not come out at the same time because Zileri tags would be evident then and then are not. This is a contracted firm to make baseline Lanvin suiting. 
Respectfully disagree. As mentioned above, I've seen the older PZ tag in Lanvin suits at the same time as the Caruso ones. Handled both at the same time.
post #3169 of 3233
And here's the proof directly from Reuters:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N0CR3LW20130404
post #3170 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

And here's the proof directly from Reuters:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N0CR3LW20130404

Why does it differentiate between those former companies whom suiting they manufacturer and then the latter whose clothing they manufacture? Either way though, All I really want is a Zileri tag in a Lanvin suit photo. I'm yet to see it and meanwhile here are proof that Zilli used/uses Pal Zileri.

 

 

Current

 

Older 

 

 

You have me sold with an image, but without the tag, it can't be by Zileri. I'm not stating you are wrong, I am merely stating that what you have shown as evidence isn't Zileri work so it doesn't back up the claim. I myself am very curious to get to the bottom of this and would love it if you found something or there was something definitive that showed a picture because I am quite interested. But I just know what has been shown is not work by Zileri.

 

Edit: If you say you've seen it. I believe you and believe that you have. However that tag from your example, that isn't a Zileri suit.  

post #3171 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloRLOw View Post
 

hi, Jompso

 

how can i tell the differentiation of the quality from the isaia tags?

 

i see some isaia coats with machine made buttonholes, i doubt the quality is not equal to mainline, but the inside tag is same IIRC.

 

thanks!

Hey, well the differences are quite evident when you place the tags next to one another. Isaia Mainline next to Gianluca Napoli and you will see a distinguishable difference. Same next to Enrico Isaia, or next to brands such as Eidos or Michealangelo. It all depends which Isaia manufacturing facility the garment was made in, that will let you know which tier or production quality scale it is on. And look at what I just saw today.....

 

I can't believe I don't have a pic of the tag, but it has totally changed too. The quality is also waaaayyy downhill too. It's terrible, Isaia made some of the best product you could buy.

i thought you mean the inside tag:p

anyway,thanks again!

post #3172 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloRLOw View Post

i thought you mean the inside tag:p
anyway,thanks again!

I did, but I was just showing a picture of the new label that I literally just saw for the first time, today.
post #3173 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

Why does it differentiate between those former companies whom suiting they manufacturer and then the latter whose clothing they manufacture? Either way though, All I really want is a Zileri tag in a Lanvin suit photo. I'm yet to see it and meanwhile here are proof that Zilli used/uses Pal Zileri.


Current



Older 




You have me sold with an image, but without the tag, it can't be by Zileri. I'm not stating you are wrong, I am merely stating that what you have shown as evidence isn't Zileri work so it doesn't back up the claim. I myself am very curious to get to the bottom of this and would love it if you found something or there was something definitive that showed a picture because I am quite interested. But I just know what has been shown is not work by Zileri.

Edit: If you say you've seen it. I believe you and believe that you have. However that tag from your example, that isn't a Zileri suit.  
Confirmed! Stopped by Saks and found this Lanvin suit:



post #3174 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

That Zegna has the tag still in the right pocket and is from the days it used a black patch with a large background Z as their logo. This would date that between 2004-2008. In 2008 they dropped the large Z in the background and just kept the plain black box, and then 2011 came the logo with the which stitching along the borders. Meanwhile the manufacturers tag switched from the right chest pocket to the left around 2009, where it has stayed since. Zegna most recently has switched their label again, far different from any prior, and of course the tag changed in 2015.

 

Caruso uses various different tags for various different garments. The tag differentiation I believe is in reference to the quality of construction the garment received, much like Isaia's tagging system. This tag is still used as I believe their "Mainline" quality of construction, whereas the current elongated Caruso tag is their premium tier.

 

Wow, you certainly know your stuff. Reminds me of the Leica nerds I 'know' from other fora... Thanks a lot. 

post #3175 of 3233

Ciao ragazzi,

 

I have this alleged Hugo Boss suit that I'm selling online. A potential buyer asked to see the maker's tag in the inner pocket. When seeing this, he claimed that it is most likely a fake.

I have two other HB jackets, which have identical tags made of cloth and with 'Boss' watermarks (these are very different from the white one shown here).

At a thrift store today I spotted two HB jackets, one had the white tag, the other had the cloth tag. So they're both around.

 

I've seen the same suit model in several online shops that do not appear to sell fakes. Mine is identical down to the stitching and small details. So if it's a fake, at least it's a thorough one.

 

Can anyone pitch in on the authenticity of the item?

 

 

 

 

post #3176 of 3233

That looks fine from here.  Was the tag the reason for suspicion?  The striped jacquard lining is correct for the newer models too.

post #3177 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

That looks fine from here.  Was the tag the reason for suspicion?  The striped jacquard lining is correct for the newer models too.

Yes. He asked for an image of the tag, then said he was pretty sure it's a fake. But he also admits to not know much about suits. I just want to make sure so I don't inadvertently rip him off.

 

I looked around a bit. From what I can tell, the tag has all the right info. And several online stores carry this exact combination of jacket+pants with the same model names as printed on 'my' tags. Their zoom images reveal the same details as I see on the suit I'm selling - same stitching, edge linings, closures etc. 

post #3178 of 3233

I have a Boss jacket that I know has the same first tag. 

post #3179 of 3233
Thanks a lot. I'll consider it genuine until proven otherwise.
post #3180 of 3233

New RLPL label spotted. Probably from their highest St. Andrews line. Their nicest looking to date, IMO. 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker