or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 196

post #2926 of 3233

Gents, apologies, no pics as yet...I found a pair of Bostonian Florentine loafers, made in Italy...gorgeous shoes, any idea who may have made them?

 

I saw a blurb somewhere that said Ferragamo but I'm not convinced.

post #2927 of 3233
Wanted to repost my question re the maker of the Gruppo Clark shoes. Found this post by Gyasih while conducting a search, it looks to me like they are the same maker:



My shoes:






So do they look like the same maker to you guys, and if so, is the maker Sutor? Thanks.
post #2928 of 3233
DB440FDD-99E6-4987-A500-E71555BA21D4.jpg

Hi all. Any ideas on who made these Ed Meier boots? Do they do in house work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
post #2929 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DB440FDD-99E6-4987-A500-E71555BA21D4.jpg


Hi all. Any ideas on who made these Ed Meier boots? Do they do in house work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Most of the posts from other fora unearthed through a Google search claimed Crockett and Jones made most Ed Meier footwear. I also found some Edward Green and Alden, but both were labelled with the maker's name for Ed Meier, leading me to believe that Crockett and Jones would be your best bet for further investigation.

 

Perhaps someone with a bit of knowledge about heel patterns could weight in?

post #2930 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadjeans View Post

Most of the posts from other fora unearthed through a Google search claimed Crockett and Jones made most Ed Meier footwear. I also found some Edward Green and Alden, but both were labelled with the maker's name for Ed Meier, leading me to believe that Crockett and Jones would be your best bet for further investigation.

Perhaps someone with a bit of knowledge about heel patterns could weight in?

Thanks, all the evidence does seem to point to C&J as maker. If it was them are they all at their hand grade level? Do Ed Meier make any shoes in-house?
post #2931 of 3233

Was in the TF boutique earlier..

 

They only had one blazer in 44R size, hahaha, so I'm trying to identify the exact base model I ended up getting here, as I am on a deep search for more variety of design in this sizing and fitting from Tom Ford. I believe the sales clerk was telling me this slim cut is known as BASE V

 

post #2932 of 3233

Nevermind!

post #2933 of 3233

Hey guys, I have a pair of shoes from Brooks Brothers that are made in USA.  Trying to find out if there is a reputable maker of these shoes.

The lettering is similar to Alden's, but Alden usually doesn't include the double width when making for BB.  Plus the last width is opposite of their layout.

Rancourt usually has "Made in Maine" tagged by the inner lettering, so I ruled them out.  The shoes are very light in weight.  Construction is okay. 

Thanks!

 

 

 

post #2934 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

Hey guys, I have a pair of shoes from Brooks Brothers that are made in USA.  Trying to find out if there is a reputable maker of these shoes.

The lettering is similar to Alden's, but Alden usually doesn't include the double width when making for BB.  Plus the last width is opposite of their layout.

Rancourt usually has "Made in Maine" tagged by the inner lettering, so I ruled them out.  The shoes are very light in weight.  Construction is okay. 

Thanks!

 

 

 


My guess is probably Allen Edmonds who has made many a shoe for BB at their Wisconsin plant.

(Pic of AE Strands for BB)

 

post #2935 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post


Thanks, all the evidence does seem to point to C&J as maker. If it was them are they all at their hand grade level? Do Ed Meier make any shoes in-house?

Most likely, they aren't handgrade.

All C&J handgrades I've seen had hidden welting on the sole (and in your case it's visible on the picture)

post #2936 of 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gajsek View Post

Most likely, they aren't handgrade.
All C&J handgrades I've seen had hidden welting on the sole (and in your case it's visible on the picture)

Thanks for that information Gajsek. I feel more confident now about what I've found. Is there a chance they were made by Ed Meier themselves or do they not do in-house? I've tried emailing them directly but have not received a reply.
post #2937 of 3233
Do anyone have some information about this scarf?

I don't know the model or date, or anything. All information are useful!

post #2938 of 3233
Does anyone recognize these? They're from a linen/cotton suit.
Jacket

Pants

post #2939 of 3233
Anyone? Plain toe blucher, possible shell
post #2940 of 3233
Gentlemen need help in IDing these.any help is appreciated.




New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker