or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 173

post #2581 of 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweets View Post
 

Isn't that Chester Barrie Tags?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post
 


Yup.


Thanks!

post #2582 of 2594

I am new to SF and need some help identifying a pair of shoes. I believe they are English but not certain. They are a wholecut design and have a model handwritten under the tongue. The name under the tongue is Goldwing. I have attached some pics to help in the process.

post #2583 of 2594

Welcome to the forum, Rasputin.  I moved your post over here so you can get the help you need.  The experts here should be able to help you out.  Best of luck!

post #2584 of 2594

I too am desperately searching for some expert identification help. I bought these shell beauties at a thrift the other day, and have been trying relentlessly to identify them since. No luck, though. Can anyone help out?

 

The only thing I can make out on the inside wall is "...SNUG-HL". Also, the company's name definitely ends with the letter M. 

 

 

 

 

post #2585 of 2594

Anybody recognize this one?

front

back

post #2586 of 2594

back side looks kind of like pal zileri IIRC

post #2587 of 2594

So I found this today and I am 70-80% sure it's Savile Row bespoke or at least English bespoke because of that giant lapel button hole, but the tailors tag has been cut out and I was wondering if anyone can help me ID the house? The top tab on the lining is exactly what I've seen Anderson and Sheppard do on the suit I have by them but the bit of the label that is left looks nothing like that. Thanks! Reposted in the thrift thread

 

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2588 of 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

Anybody recognize this one?

front

back

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtdalton13 View Post
 

back side looks kind of like pal zileri IIRC

+1 it is Pal Zileri

 

http://www.tailoredconsignment.com/#!who-made-this-suit/cojr

post #2589 of 2594

Yes on the Pal - just photo'd one lol.

post #2590 of 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtdalton13 View Post
 

back side looks kind of like pal zileri IIRC

Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

 

+1 it is Pal Zileri

 

http://www.tailoredconsignment.com/#!who-made-this-suit/cojr

Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

Yes on the Pal - just photo'd one lol.

Thanks, guys! Brian, I even checked your page and missed it. The tag being sewn in on the short side vs the long side, like the PZ, was throwing me off. It's from a Lanvin suit. Kinda surprised to see them making Lanvin, as the other one I have and most others I've seen have been mostly Caruso. Nice suit either way.

post #2591 of 2594

i got an old Asprey wallet from ebay 

 

is it possible id the time from the tel info on the box?

 

many thanks!

post #2592 of 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloRLOw View Post

i got an old Asprey wallet from ebay 

is it possible id the time from the tel info on the box?

In 1968 all-digital phone numbers were introduced in London, replacing the STD codes naming the local exchange. (In this case HYDe Park - 6767 became 473- 6767). In April 1990 the code 01 (London) was replaced with the code 07 (inner London) and 08 (outer London). Your wallet was produced between 1968 and 1990. Asprey still has the same phone number, due to various changes in the code it is now 020 7493 6767.

Does it have properly-sized slots for Credit Cards? If not, it must have been produced early within that time span, as cards became popular during the 1970s. Barclaycard, the first UK Credit Card was introduced in 1966 (although it might have taken a few years before the standard size for cards was incorporated into the design of wallets and purses.
post #2593 of 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post


In 1968 all-digital phone numbers were introduced in London, replacing the STD codes naming the local exchange. (In this case HYDe Park - 6767 became 473- 6767). In April 1990 the code 01 (London) was replaced with the code 07 (inner London) and 08 (outer London). Your wallet was produced between 1968 and 1990. Asprey still has the same phone number, due to various changes in the code it is now 020 7493 6767.

Does it have properly-sized slots for Credit Cards? If not, it must have been produced early within that time span, as cards became popular during the 1970s. Barclaycard, the first UK Credit Card was introduced in 1966 (although it might have taken a few years before the standard size for cards was incorporated into the design of wallets and purses.


This is not my item, but great info. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

post #2594 of 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post


In 1968 all-digital phone numbers were introduced in London, replacing the STD codes naming the local exchange. (In this case HYDe Park - 6767 became 473- 6767). In April 1990 the code 01 (London) was replaced with the code 07 (inner London) and 08 (outer London). Your wallet was produced between 1968 and 1990. Asprey still has the same phone number, due to various changes in the code it is now 020 7493 6767.

Does it have properly-sized slots for Credit Cards? If not, it must have been produced early within that time span, as cards became popular during the 1970s. Barclaycard, the first UK Credit Card was introduced in 1966 (although it might have taken a few years before the standard size for cards was incorporated into the design of wallets and purses.

Thank you very much,b-s !

 

here is the wallet ( travel wallet for me exactly). the leather looks mute because i condition it (dry and some scratch on the surface)

 

 

 

i think those slots are for cards, but i can't open it, seems stuck. weird.

 

and there is also a place for check.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker