Yeah both of those are definitely C&J - consistent both with mainline C&J I've seen as well as shoes they've made for Peal/Brooks Bros and Polo Ralph Lauren.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandHickey Freemantagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandIsaiatagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- itemLuigi Bianchi Mantova Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11More
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicSouthwicktagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) Last post on 1/26/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on Yesterday at 3:29 am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's WeirdestLast edited: 5/30/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 146
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2177 of 29887/25/14 at 8:15amQuote:
Thats what I was 99% sure but always best to check. The double row of nails had me guessing at that last 1%. Thanks for the confirm.post #2178 of 29887/25/14 at 9:04ampost #2179 of 29887/25/14 at 10:59amQuote:
This is true, though I have seen J&M imitate that footbed style. But I'd agree, those are almost certainly Aldens.post #2180 of 29887/26/14 at 7:02pmSorry if this has been asked before, but are the Sid Mashburn tassel loafers basically the AS Wimpole with a different sole? Or are they another maker?
Pretty good deal on 'em right now if you're a 10 or 10.5 (US I assume from Mashburn?), but I wasn't exactly sure if they were Sargent or not.post #2181 of 29887/28/14 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are the Sid Mashburn tassel loafers basically the AS Wimpole with a different sole? Or are they another maker?
Pretty good deal on 'em right now if you're a 10 or 10.5 (US I assume from Mashburn?), but I wasn't exactly sure if they were Sargent or not.
is quite similar, except for the pebble grain and sole, and they are most certainly AS.post #2182 of 29887/28/14 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
is quite similar, except for the pebble grain and sole, and they are most certainly AS.
Thanks!post #2183 of 29887/29/14 at 12:27pmpost #2184 of 29887/30/14 at 7:23ampost #2185 of 29888/4/14 at 10:55ampost #2186 of 29888/4/14 at 6:04pmpost #2187 of 29888/4/14 at 6:06pmpost #2188 of 29888/6/14 at 4:08pmpost #2189 of 29888/6/14 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers
Saw this post on the Leffot Tumblr and thought it might be helpful to folks here:
Some of it is basic, but good to have as a reference.
OMG, this was exactly the primer I needed! Thanks, CD!
- HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
- David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's Weirdest
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 29 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 58 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 4 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...