Yeah both of those are definitely C&J - consistent both with mainline C&J I've seen as well as shoes they've made for Peal/Brooks Bros and Polo Ralph Lauren.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandHickey Freemantagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandIsaiatagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- itemLuigi Bianchi Mantova Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11More
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicSouthwicktagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) Last post on 7/31/15 at 12:34am in Classic Menswear
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on 8/1/15 at 5:35pm in Classic Menswear
David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's Weirdest
Last edited: 5/30/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 146
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2177 of 27327/25/14 at 8:15amQuote:
Thats what I was 99% sure but always best to check. The double row of nails had me guessing at that last 1%. Thanks for the confirm.post #2178 of 27327/25/14 at 9:04ampost #2179 of 27327/25/14 at 10:59amQuote:
This is true, though I have seen J&M imitate that footbed style. But I'd agree, those are almost certainly Aldens.post #2180 of 27327/26/14 at 7:02pmSorry if this has been asked before, but are the Sid Mashburn tassel loafers basically the AS Wimpole with a different sole? Or are they another maker?
Pretty good deal on 'em right now if you're a 10 or 10.5 (US I assume from Mashburn?), but I wasn't exactly sure if they were Sargent or not.post #2181 of 27327/28/14 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are the Sid Mashburn tassel loafers basically the AS Wimpole with a different sole? Or are they another maker?
Pretty good deal on 'em right now if you're a 10 or 10.5 (US I assume from Mashburn?), but I wasn't exactly sure if they were Sargent or not.
is quite similar, except for the pebble grain and sole, and they are most certainly AS.post #2182 of 27327/28/14 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
is quite similar, except for the pebble grain and sole, and they are most certainly AS.
Thanks!post #2183 of 27327/29/14 at 12:27pmpost #2184 of 27327/30/14 at 7:23ampost #2185 of 27328/4/14 at 10:55ampost #2186 of 27328/4/14 at 6:04pmpost #2187 of 27328/4/14 at 6:06pmpost #2188 of 27328/6/14 at 4:08pmpost #2189 of 27328/6/14 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers
Saw this post on the Leffot Tumblr and thought it might be helpful to folks here:
Some of it is basic, but good to have as a reference.
OMG, this was exactly the primer I needed! Thanks, CD!
- HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 2 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...