or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 146

post #2176 of 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post


Yeah both of those are definitely C&J - consistent both with mainline C&J I've seen as well as shoes they've made for Peal/Brooks Bros and Polo Ralph Lauren.
post #2177 of 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Yeah both of those are definitely C&J - consistent both with mainline C&J I've seen as well as shoes they've made for Peal/Brooks Bros and Polo Ralph Lauren.

:fistbump: Thats what I was 99% sure but always best to check. The double row of nails had me guessing at that last 1%. Thanks for the confirm.

post #2178 of 2279
Regards to loafers. Those should be Alden's. That inner footbed sole is consistent with Alden's.

An like Brian said, most likely were made for brooks brothers.
post #2179 of 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

Regards to loafers. Those should be Alden's. That inner footbed sole is consistent with Alden's.

An like Brian said, most likely were made for brooks brothers.

This is true, though I have seen J&M imitate that footbed style. But I'd agree, those are almost certainly Aldens.

post #2180 of 2279
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are the Sid Mashburn tassel loafers basically the AS Wimpole with a different sole? Or are they another maker?
http://www.sidmashburn.com/sale/footwear/autumn-brown-calfskin-sid-mashburn-tassel-loafer.html
Pretty good deal on 'em right now if you're a 10 or 10.5 (US I assume from Mashburn?), but I wasn't exactly sure if they were Sargent or not.


post #2181 of 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are the Sid Mashburn tassel loafers basically the AS Wimpole with a different sole? Or are they another maker?
http://www.sidmashburn.com/sale/footwear/autumn-brown-calfskin-sid-mashburn-tassel-loafer.html
Pretty good deal on 'em right now if you're a 10 or 10.5 (US I assume from Mashburn?), but I wasn't exactly sure if they were Sargent or not.


 

This pair....http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Sid-Mashburn-Benchmade-Pebble-Grain-Tassel-Loafer-mens-sz-10-/201113825429?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2ed3517095

 

is quite similar, except for the pebble grain and sole, and they are most certainly AS.

post #2182 of 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

This pair....http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Sid-Mashburn-Benchmade-Pebble-Grain-Tassel-Loafer-mens-sz-10-/201113825429?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2ed3517095

is quite similar, except for the pebble grain and sole, and they are most certainly AS.

Thanks!
post #2183 of 2279

Brooks - Made in Italy, 100% Lambswool.

 

Searched through a few pages, but couldn't find a tag like this one, and there are no other tags in the coat.

 

Lardini?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

edit: it's Lardini. 


Edited by mcadamsandwich - 7/29/14 at 2:11pm
post #2184 of 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcadamsandwich View Post

Brooks - Made in Italy, 100% Lambswool.

Searched through a few pages, but couldn't find a tag like this one, and there are no other tags in the coat.

Lardini?
















edit: it's Lardini. 

Maybe not Lardini. Looks closer to Mabro (spelling?)
post #2185 of 2279
Any ideas on this? Italy made for Davide Cenci, I believe this is a current line model.

post #2186 of 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

Any ideas on this? Italy made for Davide Cenci, I believe this is a current line model.


Cantarelli.
post #2187 of 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Cantarelli.

Thank you sir.
post #2188 of 2279

Saw this post on the Leffot Tumblr and thought it might be helpful to folks here:

 

What do the letters and numbers inside my shoes mean?

 

Some of it is basic, but good to have as a reference.

post #2189 of 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post
 

Saw this post on the Leffot Tumblr and thought it might be helpful to folks here:

 

What do the letters and numbers inside my shoes mean?

 

Some of it is basic, but good to have as a reference.

OMG, this was exactly the primer I needed! Thanks, CD!

post #2190 of 2279

Just want to double check this one, as I do not have any other jackets to verify with at the moment.


Jack Victor, yea?  Can anyone Shed some light on Mark Shale?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker