or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 145

post #2161 of 2186

Saw these two shoes at a thrift shop and they were constructed rather nicely and in good condition, however I couldn't make out name on the inner sole, was wondering if I could get some help here. The second two are of the same shoe.  

 

Also has it been confirmed that this is a Caruso Label?

Thank you in advance for any help provided, it is very much appreciated.

post #2162 of 2186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

Saw these two shoes at a thrift shop and they were constructed rather nicely and in good condition, however I couldn't make out name on the inner sole, was wondering if I could get some help here. The second two are of the same shoe.  

 

Also has it been confirmed that this is a Caruso Label?

Thank you in advance for any help provided, it is very much appreciated.

Both of the shoes have replacement soles and heels, so not much help.

post #2163 of 2186

Are these Purple Label or regular Polo?

 

 

 

 

post #2164 of 2186

Some would call them Purple label. They are simply Ralph Lauren, but they are indeed the good shit, and are certainly not Polo. I have a pair, they are fantastic.

post #2165 of 2186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollotrader View Post
 

Some would call them Purple label. They are simply Ralph Lauren, but they are indeed the good shit, and are certainly not Polo. I have a pair, they are fantastic.

Excellent. Thank you, sir. Aby idea who the maker is? Sassetti?

post #2166 of 2186

I do not know the maker on these. The high end UK made shoes are C&J or Edward Greene, I just don't know the Italy producers.

post #2167 of 2186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollotrader View Post

I do not know the maker on these. The high end UK made shoes are C&J or Edward Greene and G&G

Sasseti makes RLPL, but not positive about those shoes.
post #2168 of 2186

Does anyone know if this is one of the "kiton" oxxford shirts? If not, do they make their own, or does someone else make for them?
post #2169 of 2186

Woops. Just found a "Made in USA" tag, so I guess it can't be Kiton. They make their own then? It's incredibly nice. Lots of handwork.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post


Does anyone know if this is one of the "kiton" oxxford shirts? If not, do they make their own, or does someone else make for them?
post #2170 of 2186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollotrader View Post

Some would call them Purple label. They are simply Ralph Lauren, but they are indeed the good shit, and are certainly not Polo. I have a pair, they are fantastic.

Purple label shoes have the script iirc
post #2171 of 2186

Very good point, and I believe you may be correct. I probably took a little license there, and put a little of my bias into the post. If we are discussing it, for the purpose of sorting the entire RL Collection for both quality, and  style, then I have always leaned towards the UK and Italian lines.

post #2172 of 2186

Can anyone ID this for me because by looking through this thread, there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on who Grilux SPA is and who makes the jacket. That is the only label the jacket has. And is this a new Luciano Barbera Collezione Sartoriale Jacket or an Older one (it seems fairly new)? Because I've seen the patch both above and below the inner pocket? Thanks so much in advance

post #2173 of 2186

Both of these are from Polo Ralph Lauren Made in England shoes. I thought they were both C&J but nail patterns off different. Any help would be great.

 

Thanks!

 

#1

 

#2

post #2174 of 2186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Both of these are from Polo Ralph Lauren Made in England shoes. I thought they were both C&J but nail patterns off different. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

#1


#2

Do you have interior label photos? They are likely C&J or Alfred Sargent but hard to tell from heels alone.

Here's a primer I put together for the thrift threadon English shoe interior labels with a focus on those made for RL (Sargent or C&J). I should expand to add some other big makers including Cheaney, Church's, etc. that people run into a lot.

Mainline older Alfred Sargent:


And another example of AS for Polo (which also can pop on Made in England JCrew shoes as well):


It's easy to confuse AS with older Crockett and Jones though:


And just for completeness, here's two examles of newer Alfred Sargent (I believe the topmost is either newer or nicer):



and newer C&J:
post #2175 of 2186
Got these on resale. Curious if anyone can ID? Says made in USA so I'm thinking Alden, Florsheim or Nettleton?



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker