or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 141

post #2101 of 2182
Any ideas who makes this?
http://www.paulstuart.com/product_info.cfm?ProdID=7532&ProdCatId=1056&MainCatId=14&HEADERMENUID=1&SUBPRODCATID=2100

I suspect the half size conversion means it's not Grenson or C&J. Just wondering if anyone knows or has seen them in store.
post #2102 of 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Any ideas who makes this?
http://www.paulstuart.com/product_info.cfm?ProdID=7532&ProdCatId=1056&MainCatId=14&HEADERMENUID=1&SUBPRODCATID=2100

I suspect the half size conversion means it's not Grenson or C&J. Just wondering if anyone knows or has seen them in store.

 

In the sales PSA thread someone said it's the 724 last so possibly Alfred Sargent 

post #2103 of 2182

Any idea who would be making a "Made in Italy" 98-perecent cotton, 2-percent spandex sportcoat for Ballantyne? Some of their stuff is made by Caruso, but this is not that. So .... any ideas?

 

 

post #2104 of 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Any ideas who makes this?
http://www.paulstuart.com/product_info.cfm?ProdID=7532&ProdCatId=1056&MainCatId=14&HEADERMENUID=1&SUBPRODCATID=2100

I suspect the half size conversion means it's not Grenson or C&J. Just wondering if anyone knows or has seen them in store.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSacre View Post
 

 

In the sales PSA thread someone said it's the 724 last so possibly Alfred Sargent 

 

Yep, it's AS

 

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/alfred-sargent/products/5984.php

post #2105 of 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSacre View Post

In the sales PSA thread someone said it's the 724 last so possibly Alfred Sargent 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSacre View Post

Yep, it's AS

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/alfred-sargent/products/5984.php

Thanks!!!
post #2106 of 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSacre View Post

In the sales PSA thread someone said it's the 724 last so possibly Alfred Sargent 

Which explains why I fell in love with them at first sight.....
post #2107 of 2182

Picked up a Lanvin Paris jacket a few days ago. Anyone able to ID this maker (it's not Caruso, which someone said made most of their tailored clothing)

 

post #2108 of 2182
Can anyone let me know who makes this PRL made on USA jacket?

post #2109 of 2182

that label just looks like the USA blue label...I don't think there is a definitive answer as to who makes them.  Others can chime in if they know otherwise.

post #2110 of 2182

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/textilern/wrnquery$tts_rn.queryview?P_RN_TYPE=WPL&P_RN_SEQ=5596&Z_CHK=59381

 

Yeah, it's not someone 'famous' but I've seen quite a few PRL made in US garments with that WPL number. Excellent quality, fully canvassed, at least the ones I've handled.

 

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/richard_pietrafesa_sr_87_former_president_of_learbury_clothes_dies.html

post #2111 of 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

that label just looks like the USA blue label...I don't think there is a definitive answer as to who makes them.  Others can chime in if they know otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/textilern/wrnquery$tts_rn.queryview?P_RN_TYPE=WPL&P_RN_SEQ=5596&Z_CHK=59381

Yeah, it's not someone 'famous' but I've seen quite a few PRL made in US garments with that WPL number. Excellent quality, fully canvassed, at least the ones I've handled.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/richard_pietrafesa_sr_87_former_president_of_learbury_clothes_dies.html

We've played this game before.

Polo made for Polo before around 1996ish. As in, Polo. Made. For Polo.

Same is true for the blue script label, which was the precursor to purple label.
post #2112 of 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Any ideas who makes this?
http://www.paulstuart.com/product_info.cfm?ProdID=7532&ProdCatId=1056&MainCatId=14&HEADERMENUID=1&SUBPRODCATID=2100

I suspect the half size conversion means it's not Grenson or C&J. Just wondering if anyone knows or has seen them in store.

I don't know but I want a pair. Most I've paid for shoes was $400. This would come in just under that.

post #2113 of 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post



We've played this game before.

Polo made for Polo before around 1996ish. As in, Polo. Made. For Polo.

Same is true for the blue script label, which was the precursor to purple label.

I have a couple of BB jackets I just thrifted with the identical label. I was looking at a PRL USA last night asking myself if they were both in the same factory but I didn't get around to checking the WPL, though mine is the same as this one.

 

"Syracuse, NY -- Richard C. Pietrafesa Sr., who helped to build his family's Syracuse-based clothing business into a leading supplier of fine tailored men and women's clothing to the likes of Brooks Brothers, Jos. A. Banks, Nordstrom and Polo Ralph Laurendied Wednesday. He was 87.

His father, Joseph, the son of a master tailor in New York City, started the Joseph J. Pietrafesa Co. as a contract manufacturer of men's clothing on North Salina Street in Syracuse in 1918, incorporating the company four years later. The company later acquired the Learbury brand from a defunct St. Louis firm. Many people knew the company over the years as Learbury Clothes."

post #2114 of 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post

I have a couple of BB jackets I just thrifted with the identical label. I was looking at a PRL USA last night asking myself if they were both in the same factory but I didn't get around to checking the WPL, though mine is the same as this one.

"Syracuse, NY -- Richard C. Pietrafesa Sr., who helped to build his family's Syracuse-based clothing business into a leading supplier of fine tailored men and women's clothing to the likes of Brooks Brothers, Jos. A. Banks, Nordstrom and Polo Ralph Laurendied Wednesday. He was 87.
His father, Joseph, the son of a master tailor in New York City, started the Joseph J. Pietrafesa Co. as a contract manufacturer of men's clothing on North Salina Street in Syracuse in 1918, incorporating the company four years later. The company later acquired the Learbury brand from a defunct St. Louis firm. Many people knew the company over the years as Learbury Clothes."

I think there's an exhaustive thread over at Ask Andy about all of this.

That's the tag that's in every USA made PRL I've ever found, other than the super, super old stuff. Pretty sure it's PRL. Entirely possible that PRL tried to leverage economies of scale and make under license for BB, before outsourcing it all.

And I wouldn't read too much into the "tailored" statement in that obit; could have meant shirts, et al. (which, to 90% of the population, is tailored clothing).
post #2115 of 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

that label just looks like the USA blue label...I don't think there is a definitive answer as to who makes them.  Others can chime in if they know otherwise.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post
 

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/textilern/wrnquery$tts_rn.queryview?P_RN_TYPE=WPL&P_RN_SEQ=5596&Z_CHK=59381

 

Yeah, it's not someone 'famous' but I've seen quite a few PRL made in US garments with that WPL number. Excellent quality, fully canvassed, at least the ones I've handled.

 

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/richard_pietrafesa_sr_87_former_president_of_learbury_clothes_dies.html

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post



We've played this game before.

Polo made for Polo before around 1996ish. As in, Polo. Made. For Polo.

Same is true for the blue script label, which was the precursor to purple label.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post
 

I have a couple of BB jackets I just thrifted with the identical label. I was looking at a PRL USA last night asking myself if they were both in the same factory but I didn't get around to checking the WPL, though mine is the same as this one.

 

"Syracuse, NY -- Richard C. Pietrafesa Sr., who helped to build his family's Syracuse-based clothing business into a leading supplier of fine tailored men and women's clothing to the likes of Brooks Brothers, Jos. A. Banks, Nordstrom and Polo Ralph Laurendied Wednesday. He was 87.

His father, Joseph, the son of a master tailor in New York City, started the Joseph J. Pietrafesa Co. as a contract manufacturer of men's clothing on North Salina Street in Syracuse in 1918, incorporating the company four years later. The company later acquired the Learbury brand from a defunct St. Louis firm. Many people knew the company over the years as Learbury Clothes."

Thanks everyone for the replies.

 

Yes, this is a PRL fully canvassed sc.  very nice but not a 3 button fan.  I was hoping a "well-known" tailor made this but I guess not.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker