Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandHickey Freemantagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandIsaiatagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- itemLuigi Bianchi Mantova Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11More
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicSouthwicktagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) Last post on 7/15/15 at 10:18pm in Classic Menswear
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on Today at 8:36 am in Classic Menswear
David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's Weirdest
Last edited: 5/30/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 103post #1531 of 273010/10/13 at 5:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1532 of 273010/10/13 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Think you'll find it's the seal of Eton College - not only does it have the coat of arms of Eton (beneath Mary), it also has the Latin
SIGILLU COMMUNE PREPOSITI COLLEGII REGULUS BEATE MARIE DE ETON (The Royal College of St. Mary).
Mary is surrounded by angels holding the arms of Henry VI.
No doubt your ex-Senator must have been an old Etonian. Further to that, the seal is not in popular usage today so I would suggest that the buttons certainly are a lot closer to that 1820 date than 1975.
Great work Ich_Dien. That's really interesting. I wonder how many Senator have been Old Etonians. Can't have been that many; it might be possible to id the former owner.post #1533 of 273010/12/13 at 6:31pmpost #1534 of 273010/12/13 at 6:41pmpost #1535 of 273010/12/13 at 10:32pmpost #1536 of 273010/13/13 at 8:31ampost #1537 of 273010/13/13 at 8:58ampost #1538 of 273010/13/13 at 10:23ampost #1539 of 273010/13/13 at 3:21pmpost #1540 of 273010/13/13 at 3:34pmpost #1541 of 273010/13/13 at 8:15pm
This label from a Faconnable sport coat was posted earlier in the thread, but I don't think there ever was an agreement about the maker. If there was or if someone knows the label, can someone help me out? An Ebay listing says its Cantarelli but it doesn't match the other Cantarelli labels I've seen.post #1542 of 273010/13/13 at 8:24pmpost #1543 of 273010/14/13 at 4:02ampost #1544 of 273010/14/13 at 9:24ampost #1545 of 273010/14/13 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Sorry to bump guys, but does anybody recognise this label (presumably Italian)? I've looked at my own collection, and ruled out Zegna, Brioni, LB, Caruso, Canali, Cantarelli and Corneliani. Yet I'm sure I've seen it before. It is driving me bonkers.
The cloth was by LP, if that helps.
Someone just posted a crappy Valentino Uomo tux with this exact label just now. In the thirft finds thread.
- HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
Styleforum Top Picks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › BNWT Robert Geller Black Cotton Twill Casual Blazer 50 12 minutes ago
- › WANTED- ALL ODYN VOVK 17 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 18 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...