or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 97

post #1441 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Umm. Ravazzolo


+1, I've seen some of their stuff. Really nice, although not very well known. On a side note, did you find those Senns at the thrift store? If so, that's dope.

post #1442 of 2254

x-post

 

Anyone have info on confirming the below said statement or any other info on these. Pretty cool shoes!

 

"One way to tell the age of a French Shriner shoe is whether the full name is French Shriner & Urner or just French Shriner.  The "Urner" was dropped I believe sometime in the 1950s after Samual Urner died." - from a styleforum member. (going to x-post in the shoe thread)

 

 

 

post #1443 of 2254
I've found this picture at the milstil tumblr and am now looking for the maker of the shoe shown.
To me it is the most elegant punch captoe I have seen with a perfect balance of a moderately sleek last with a lovely round toe and a toe cap that is neither too long nor too short.

The picture is an 1985 ad of Jockey-Club Paris for their English footwear collection.
http://milstil.tumblr.com/post/58058912260/black-darkness-green-grass-english-oxfords-a
post #1444 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

I've found this picture at the milstil tumblr and am now looking for the maker of the shoe shown.
To me it is the most elegant punch captoe I have seen with a perfect balance of a moderately sleek last with a lovely round toe and a toe cap that is neither too long nor too short.

The picture is an 1985 ad of Jockey-Club Paris for their English footwear collection.
http://milstil.tumblr.com/post/58058912260/black-darkness-green-grass-english-oxfords-a

According to the script at the bottom, they are Church's. Brooks Brothers has a model with the brogue straight cap toe by Church's just like that.

post #1445 of 2254

Not sure why I'm still SO bad at this game.

 

Edward Green??

 

post #1446 of 2254
If you can see the stitching on the sole, it probably isn't EG.
post #1447 of 2254


This tag has popped up several times on this thread (I read the entire thing last night trying to find the answer), but has never been identified. It's a rare beast, only appearing on jackets made by Fendi, and Redaelli. I can't find anything on either of these brands anywhere. This picture is from a Redaelli jacket I picked up the other day from a thrift store. Tons of handwork, fully canvassed, etc. This is KILLING me. Thanks in advance!
post #1448 of 2254
I have ID'd it several times. It is Redaelli S.p.A. Hence the R logo.
Edited by capnwes - 8/26/13 at 11:18am
post #1449 of 2254
Ha, alright. Sorry for the necro then, and thank you very much for quick response!
post #1450 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardthefirst View Post

Ha, alright. Sorry for the necro then, and thank you very much for quick response!

No worries, that one has been elusive to say the least.

post #1451 of 2254
Seriously! Do you know anything about Redalli or their quality? If not no worries, I'm just curious.
post #1452 of 2254
Does Redalli = Reda? If so decent quality. I had a pretty great Reda blazer once I shrank out of. Nice stuff.
post #1453 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

Does Redalli = Reda? If so decent quality. I had a pretty great Reda blazer once I shrank out of. Nice stuff.

I was wondering that too. The above referenced "R" on the tag looks very similar to the "R" in Reda. All I know about Reda is that they are a nice Italian mill, I don't know if they make suits or not.

post #1454 of 2254
That was my impression as well that they were just a mill. I figured it was similar to a suit made from Loro Piana or Zegna clothe but not necessarily by LP or Zegna?
post #1455 of 2254

Exactly, that's what I've always believed. Maybe Redaelli is their tailoring department or something. The fabric on the jacket I picked was really nice 120s wool, very soft.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker