or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 90

post #1336 of 2290

^Looks like it. Congrats!

post #1337 of 2290

I've never seen those two tags not be Brioni.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

This screams Brioni to me. Anyone disagree?

photo IMG_2966_zpsf515637f.jpgphoto IMG_2967_zps412143b7.jpg
 
post #1338 of 2290
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

And anyone know who made this? 'Burberrys' licensed USA, not HF.
photo IMG_2948_zpsfcc5acba.jpg

Are those chopsticks? Is there a RN number? You can just look it up on the datebase if you have the number.

 

Edit: Found it! A Mozart Fashions INC. in NY NY

post #1339 of 2290
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Are those chopsticks? Is there a RN number? You can just look it up on the datebase if you have the number.

Edit: Found it! A Mozart Fashions INC. in NY NY

Haha! Yes, I use them to hold tags and such, to avoid using my fingers. I usually use them one at a time, to make it less obvious they're chopsticks. Thanks for the info.
post #1340 of 2290

I've also seen some Newer label US Made Burberry licensed by HartMarx

post #1341 of 2290
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I've also seen some Newer label US Made Burberry licensed by HartMarx

Yeah, but this is the older "Burberrys' label with the 1990s era ACTWU tag. That should be HF territory for sure. Strange.
post #1342 of 2290
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

This screams Brioni to me. Anyone disagree?

photo IMG_2966_zpsf515637f.jpg

 

 

If you wanted any more confirmation, these are from a Brioni SC I had on eBay a while ago:

 

post #1343 of 2290
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungS View Post

 

If you wanted any more confirmation, these are from a Brioni SC I had on eBay a while ago:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Damn, my size, too!

post #1344 of 2290

Hey guys, I know if a garment is made in US, I'll look up the RN in the US database and similar goes for CA that are made in Canada. What about the European counter part? Where's their database so I don't have to memorize the makers' tag.

 

Thanks!

post #1345 of 2290

Never seen this one before....which Burberry label is this???

 

post #1346 of 2290
Help in IDing a label inside an ivory silk tuxedo jacket please guys.

The black label appears to say Nicola Blair but I can find absolutely no reference to a designer of that name. The shop (Vincci) was in Jermyn Street, London and seemed to cater for rich middle-eastern playboys. Much of their stuff was Kiton for Vincci etc. I have 3 x Kiton-made sports coats and the Vincci reference number starts with KITxxxxxxx, this one starts with BRIxxxxxx

The composition label was inside the right inside pocket, can anyone identify the manufacturer from this label please? I've been through the first 20 pages and the last 20 pages, please don't tell me I'll have to trawl through the middle 50.




post #1347 of 2290
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Hey guys, I know if a garment is made in US, I'll look up the RN in the US database and similar goes for CA that are made in Canada. What about the European counter part? Where's their database so I don't have to memorize the makers' tag.

Thanks!

It's Europe, we don't have a database. To even consider one would take longer in committee than the EU has been in existence
post #1348 of 2290
I picked these up off of ebay about 5 years ago for a song, I have yet to figure out who they are by. I have highlighted the nails in red to hopefully help out if anyone can give me a clue. Thanks!

Edit BTW there is nothing legible on the inside except on the tongue which reads 00 2320 9 1/2

post #1349 of 2290
I picked up this 100% Cashmere db blazer for $15 a couple of days back since it fits nicely and the fabric rocks.
However, it doesn't have much inside in terms of identifying the maker. It has tags from a rather good store in it, though, so I called them. To the knowledge of the guy working there now, it should be at least 20 years old. He was talking about it possibly being Chester Barrie, but I don't think the tags quite make sense.

Can you guys help out?

(And thanks to Brianpore for pointing me here).


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #1350 of 2290
Quote:
Originally Posted by codhead View Post

The black label appears to say Nicola Blair but I can find absolutely no reference to a designer of that name/

The name ain't 'Nicola Blair' but Nicola Blasi. Here is a thread on this guy:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277061/nicola-blasi-what-can-you-tell-me-about-this-neapolitan-brand
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker