So still no answer to this one?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandHickey Freemantagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandIsaiatagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- itemLuigi Bianchi Mantova Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11More
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicSouthwicktagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) Last post on 2/2/15 at 8:57am in Classic Menswear
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on 2/12/15 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 82
post #1216 of 2600
3/17/13 at 9:00pm
Styleforum Top Picks
post #1217 of 2600
3/19/13 at 8:52am
post #1218 of 2600
3/22/13 at 7:44am
post #1219 of 2600
3/22/13 at 9:08am
post #1220 of 2600
3/22/13 at 10:21am
post #1221 of 2600
3/22/13 at 10:23am
post #1222 of 2600
3/22/13 at 10:35am
That threw me too. The only EGs I've seen had the little window in the lining, but these didnt look like any C&Js I'd seen either.
Thanks, I had a feeling you would know.
post #1223 of 2600
3/22/13 at 10:41am
The writing on the interior lining is standard for C&J for Polo RL and BB Peal & Co. So that's why I am quite certain that those are C&J. The scripted text, however, is not helpful. When RL first started their purple label line, they used that scripted text for RLPL exclusively. But now it is on all sorts of things.
post #1224 of 2600
3/22/13 at 10:42am
I'd like to know this as well; Lanvin shoes seem very well constructed.
post #1225 of 2600
3/25/13 at 12:55pm
post #1226 of 2600
3/25/13 at 1:37pm
post #1227 of 2600
3/26/13 at 7:46am
Yes. Just bought these off eBay. It's difficult to find English shoes in a narrow width, so these were too tempting to resist.
I don't think I've seen the Polo player on the sole for a long, long time, so I'm guessing these are fairly old (for Polo).
post #1228 of 2600
3/26/13 at 10:50am
I posted a pair of Polos with the player on the sole about a year and a half ago. I think the concensus was that they were early 90s at the newest.
post #1229 of 2600
3/26/13 at 11:10am
post #1230 of 2600
3/26/13 at 11:51am
Don't know for 100% sure, but if I have to venture a guess I would say Cheaney, with about 60% certainty. Here is my reasoning. There are 2 shoemakers that have 3 nails aligned near the rubber heels: C&J and Cheaney's (eg. 90's Brooks English). However, C&J uses nails of similar sizes, while Cheaney's uses 3 significantly bigger nails, which seems to be in this case. Furthermore, C&J always uses dovetail rubber heels instead of a flat one like this, while Cheaney's have been using flat rubber heels on most of their shoes.
That said, there are several things that baffle me. I have never seen that sizing stamp, especially on the tongue (Sanders and Trickers do this once in a while but not very often, for example Trickers for BBBF). And the embossed arch at the bottom waist is seen mainly from Grenson Masterpiece/Paul Stuart's Choice, and EG.
So in conclusion: you are gonna have a pretty hard time figure out who the maker is with 100% certainty.
Question: what does the stamp inside the footbed near the ball say?
- HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
Currently, there are 1393 Active Users (290 Members and 1103 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Walnut Shell Cordovan Dalton Boot 8.5D 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › Nick's Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 11 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE March 6th - SHOW US YOUR ODD WAISTCOAT 20 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...