So still no answer to this one?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandHickey Freemantagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandIsaiatagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- itemLuigi Bianchi Mantova Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11More
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicSouthwicktagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) Last post on 7/15/15 at 10:18pm in Classic Menswear
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on 7/26/15 at 6:07pm in Classic Menswear
David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's Weirdest
Last edited: 5/30/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 82post #1216 of 27273/17/13 at 9:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1217 of 27273/19/13 at 8:52ampost #1218 of 27273/22/13 at 7:44ampost #1219 of 27273/22/13 at 9:08ampost #1220 of 27273/22/13 at 10:21ampost #1221 of 27273/22/13 at 10:23ampost #1222 of 27273/22/13 at 10:35amQuote:
That threw me too. The only EGs I've seen had the little window in the lining, but these didnt look like any C&Js I'd seen either.
Thanks, I had a feeling you would know.post #1223 of 27273/22/13 at 10:41amQuote:
The writing on the interior lining is standard for C&J for Polo RL and BB Peal & Co. So that's why I am quite certain that those are C&J. The scripted text, however, is not helpful. When RL first started their purple label line, they used that scripted text for RLPL exclusively. But now it is on all sorts of things.post #1224 of 27273/22/13 at 10:42amQuote:
I'd like to know this as well; Lanvin shoes seem very well constructed.post #1225 of 27273/25/13 at 12:55pmpost #1226 of 27273/25/13 at 1:37pmpost #1227 of 27273/26/13 at 7:46amQuote:
Yes. Just bought these off eBay. It's difficult to find English shoes in a narrow width, so these were too tempting to resist.
I don't think I've seen the Polo player on the sole for a long, long time, so I'm guessing these are fairly old (for Polo).post #1228 of 27273/26/13 at 10:50amQuote:
I posted a pair of Polos with the player on the sole about a year and a half ago. I think the concensus was that they were early 90s at the newest.post #1229 of 27273/26/13 at 11:10ampost #1230 of 27273/26/13 at 11:51am
Don't know for 100% sure, but if I have to venture a guess I would say Cheaney, with about 60% certainty. Here is my reasoning. There are 2 shoemakers that have 3 nails aligned near the rubber heels: C&J and Cheaney's (eg. 90's Brooks English). However, C&J uses nails of similar sizes, while Cheaney's uses 3 significantly bigger nails, which seems to be in this case. Furthermore, C&J always uses dovetail rubber heels instead of a flat one like this, while Cheaney's have been using flat rubber heels on most of their shoes.
That said, there are several things that baffle me. I have never seen that sizing stamp, especially on the tongue (Sanders and Trickers do this once in a while but not very often, for example Trickers for BBBF). And the embossed arch at the bottom waist is seen mainly from Grenson Masterpiece/Paul Stuart's Choice, and EG.
So in conclusion: you are gonna have a pretty hard time figure out who the maker is with 100% certainty.
Question: what does the stamp inside the footbed near the ball say?
- HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
Currently, there are 1709 Active Users (399 Members and 1310 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 50 seconds ago
- › The Architecture Thread 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...