So still no answer to this one?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandHickey Freemantagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandIsaiatagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- itemLuigi Bianchi Mantova Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11More
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicSouthwicktagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 9/13 Last post on 4/28/14 at 6:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) Last post on 8/3/14 at 10:45am in Classic Menswear
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on Today at 9:03 am in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 82
post #1216 of 2285
3/17/13 at 9:00pm
post #1217 of 2285
3/19/13 at 8:52am
post #1218 of 2285
3/22/13 at 7:44am
post #1219 of 2285
3/22/13 at 9:08am
post #1220 of 2285
3/22/13 at 10:21am
post #1221 of 2285
3/22/13 at 10:23am
post #1222 of 2285
3/22/13 at 10:35am
That threw me too. The only EGs I've seen had the little window in the lining, but these didnt look like any C&Js I'd seen either.
Thanks, I had a feeling you would know.
post #1223 of 2285
3/22/13 at 10:41am
The writing on the interior lining is standard for C&J for Polo RL and BB Peal & Co. So that's why I am quite certain that those are C&J. The scripted text, however, is not helpful. When RL first started their purple label line, they used that scripted text for RLPL exclusively. But now it is on all sorts of things.
post #1224 of 2285
3/22/13 at 10:42am
I'd like to know this as well; Lanvin shoes seem very well constructed.
post #1225 of 2285
3/25/13 at 12:55pm
post #1226 of 2285
3/25/13 at 1:37pm
post #1227 of 2285
3/26/13 at 7:46am
Yes. Just bought these off eBay. It's difficult to find English shoes in a narrow width, so these were too tempting to resist.
I don't think I've seen the Polo player on the sole for a long, long time, so I'm guessing these are fairly old (for Polo).
post #1228 of 2285
3/26/13 at 10:50am
I posted a pair of Polos with the player on the sole about a year and a half ago. I think the concensus was that they were early 90s at the newest.
post #1229 of 2285
3/26/13 at 11:10am
post #1230 of 2285
3/26/13 at 11:51am
Don't know for 100% sure, but if I have to venture a guess I would say Cheaney, with about 60% certainty. Here is my reasoning. There are 2 shoemakers that have 3 nails aligned near the rubber heels: C&J and Cheaney's (eg. 90's Brooks English). However, C&J uses nails of similar sizes, while Cheaney's uses 3 significantly bigger nails, which seems to be in this case. Furthermore, C&J always uses dovetail rubber heels instead of a flat one like this, while Cheaney's have been using flat rubber heels on most of their shoes.
That said, there are several things that baffle me. I have never seen that sizing stamp, especially on the tongue (Sanders and Trickers do this once in a while but not very often, for example Trickers for BBBF). And the embossed arch at the bottom waist is seen mainly from Grenson Masterpiece/Paul Stuart's Choice, and EG.
So in conclusion: you are gonna have a pretty hard time figure out who the maker is with 100% certainty.
Question: what does the stamp inside the footbed near the ball say?
- HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 1557 Active Users (410 Members and 1147 Guests)
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 20 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 6 minutes ago
- › **WaTch**Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Atlanta Falcons Live NFL FB... 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)