So still no answer to this one?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandHickey Freemantagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandIsaiatagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- itemLuigi Bianchi Mantova Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- brandRalph Laurentagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11More
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
- topicSouthwicktagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 7/10 Last post on 4/28/14 at 6:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on 6/25/14 at 3:54am in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- $1,000,000 Men's Wardrobe UPDATE: Items SOLD, Price Reductions, New Items To Come! Last post on 7/20/11 at 6:20pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker - Page 82
post #1216 of 2160
3/17/13 at 9:00pm
post #1217 of 2160
3/19/13 at 8:52am
post #1218 of 2160
3/22/13 at 7:44am
post #1219 of 2160
3/22/13 at 9:08am
post #1220 of 2160
3/22/13 at 10:21am
post #1221 of 2160
3/22/13 at 10:23am
post #1222 of 2160
3/22/13 at 10:35am
That threw me too. The only EGs I've seen had the little window in the lining, but these didnt look like any C&Js I'd seen either.
Thanks, I had a feeling you would know.
post #1223 of 2160
3/22/13 at 10:41am
The writing on the interior lining is standard for C&J for Polo RL and BB Peal & Co. So that's why I am quite certain that those are C&J. The scripted text, however, is not helpful. When RL first started their purple label line, they used that scripted text for RLPL exclusively. But now it is on all sorts of things.
post #1224 of 2160
3/22/13 at 10:42am
I'd like to know this as well; Lanvin shoes seem very well constructed.
post #1225 of 2160
3/25/13 at 12:55pm
post #1226 of 2160
3/25/13 at 1:37pm
post #1227 of 2160
3/26/13 at 7:46am
Yes. Just bought these off eBay. It's difficult to find English shoes in a narrow width, so these were too tempting to resist.
I don't think I've seen the Polo player on the sole for a long, long time, so I'm guessing these are fairly old (for Polo).
post #1228 of 2160
3/26/13 at 10:50am
I posted a pair of Polos with the player on the sole about a year and a half ago. I think the concensus was that they were early 90s at the newest.
post #1229 of 2160
3/26/13 at 11:10am
post #1230 of 2160
3/26/13 at 11:51am
Don't know for 100% sure, but if I have to venture a guess I would say Cheaney, with about 60% certainty. Here is my reasoning. There are 2 shoemakers that have 3 nails aligned near the rubber heels: C&J and Cheaney's (eg. 90's Brooks English). However, C&J uses nails of similar sizes, while Cheaney's uses 3 significantly bigger nails, which seems to be in this case. Furthermore, C&J always uses dovetail rubber heels instead of a flat one like this, while Cheaney's have been using flat rubber heels on most of their shoes.
That said, there are several things that baffle me. I have never seen that sizing stamp, especially on the tongue (Sanders and Trickers do this once in a while but not very often, for example Trickers for BBBF). And the embossed arch at the bottom waist is seen mainly from Grenson Masterpiece/Paul Stuart's Choice, and EG.
So in conclusion: you are gonna have a pretty hard time figure out who the maker is with 100% certainty.
Question: what does the stamp inside the footbed near the ball say?
- HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker
Currently, there are 1623 Active Users (181 Members and 1442 Guests)
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Silk oxford shirting 5 minutes ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 2014 MLB Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 14 minutes ago
- › Anyone been in the Tom Ford section of Harrolds? [Australia] 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 25 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)