or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › **The Official P90X Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official P90X Thread** - Page 13

post #181 of 240
I just did the cardio challenge from supreme 90 days. It's not a bad workout for $13.98. It's a wannabe P90X and Insanity. My legs are done from all the Insanity plyo jumping so I decided to try a different cardio routine. The supreme 90 cardio is a hit type cardio with 30 secs work and 30 secs rest for 30 minutes. It's as intense as you want to put into it however it's not as difficult as insanity.

http://www.target.com/p/Supreme-90-Day-Muscle-Building-System/-/A-13652016
post #182 of 240
Oh yeah I definitely do the stretching part.
post #183 of 240
So, new dilemma:

I'm meeting my macros superbly over the last 1 1/2 weeks, but have an issue where I'm still not receiving "enough" calories. I'll average 200grams/protein (instead of the 165 I should be getting at most) and 130 or so carbs, but nowhere near 2200 calories. Does anyone have a healthy, late-night end-all meal that could fill in the gaps, without harassing my body with useless simple carbs while I sleep? I understand the science behind "no carbs after 7pm, before bed, etc", but other than eating another pound of chicken breast, I'm unsure of what I could be eating.

Should I look into meal replacement shakes? Downing 6 scoops of creatine before bed isn't exactly ideal, and 350g/protein/day would probably kill me before the 90 days are up.

Chris
post #184 of 240
Also, on a somewhat related note-

I'm thinking about adding more "oomph" to my daily workout, as I'm nowhere near as sore in week two as I was in week one. As cheesy as the concept is to me, has anyone had good results using "Hip Hop Abs" or recommendations on something that could be added to p90x on a once/twice/week basis? I'd like to keep the ideals of muscle confusion in check, without just doing cardio X or elliptical HIIT over and over.
post #185 of 240
Insanity Asylum is an absolute killer and even includes a program to mix directly with P90X. I couldn't cut it, I was throwing up just during the warmup.
post #186 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post

Insanity Asylum is an absolute killer and even includes a program to mix directly with P90X. I couldn't cut it, I was throwing up just during the warmup.

I reviewed some of the workouts and it's brutal. Shit, I can see people hurting themselves doing that workout. I'll start asylum next month. I've to finish insanity.
post #187 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaw01 View Post

I just did the cardio challenge from supreme 90 days. It's not a bad workout for $13.98. It's a wannabe P90X and Insanity. My legs are done from all the Insanity plyo jumping so I decided to try a different cardio routine. The supreme 90 cardio is a hit type cardio with 30 secs work and 30 secs rest for 30 minutes. It's as intense as you want to put into it however it's not as difficult as insanity.

http://www.target.com/p/Supreme-90-Day-Muscle-Building-System/-/A-13652016

do each primary workout twice.... they're only like 17-20 min
post #188 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post

Insanity Asylum is an absolute killer and even includes a program to mix directly with P90X. I couldn't cut it, I was throwing up just during the warmup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaw01 View Post


I reviewed some of the workouts and it's brutal. Shit, I can see people hurting themselves doing that workout. I'll start asylum next month. I've to finish insanity.

I haven't done insanity, but Ive been doing P90X in the morning and then Asylum twice a week in the evening. Its really not that bad; and take it from me, I'm overweight and can't even run a halfmile without wheezing and hacking. Its a kick in the ass but its not like I'm throwing up and dropping to my knees.
post #189 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanallen View Post


Its a kick in the ass but its not like I'm throwing up and dropping to my knees.

Keep us all updated as to your progress. I just restarted P90X after finishing about a month ago. I've been doing isometrics and the Pavel exercises in it's place. Yesterday I did P90X Shoulders, Chest and Tris and I today I'm really sore. It's nice to once again be challenged by the exercises. And P90X2 is going to be shipping soon. Looks like you need a medicine ball for that one.
Edited by willpower - 9/11/11 at 7:42pm
post #190 of 240
Week two completed. Still finding difficulties stuffing myself with ~2200 calories per day, but I've sort of remedied the problem but adding even more olive oil to just about everything I cook. Noticing muscle gains/firmness just about everywhere, and my weight has stayed the same thus far (once you deduct 3lbs from creatine water retention). Week two was horribly relaxed in comparison to week one, and I'm working on pushing myself to failure on everything this week. No pauses during plyo, extra resistance on everything in general, less half-assing on the ab x v-ups.

average macros consist of the following per day:
230g/protein, 165g/carbs/65g fat

Sound decent to finish up phase 1, or should I up/lower something? 5' 9.5", 160lbs, 20y/o, semi-active lifestyle (with p90x taken out of the equation)
post #191 of 240

I just finished day 2 Plyometrics. I don't know if I am going to get out of bed tomorrow.

post #192 of 240
X2 ships in December, free shipping on pre-orders. The base set for $120 is the way to go, the additional pieces of equipment in the deluxe sets can be bought for somewhat less than the $110 additional price, although the free shipping with the pre-order evens it out.

$50 for 2 x 8lb Medicine Balls
$17 for 1 Foam Roller
$17 for 55cm stability ball

= $84
Edited by willpower - 9/11/11 at 10:05pm
post #193 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard00 View Post

I just finished day 2 Plyometrics. I don't know if I am going to get out of bed tomorrow.


Oh man, I know that feeling. Earlier this week I did that, plus insanity aslyum, then went out and danced for a few hours. I couldn't walk for days! I highly suggest the P90X recovery drink, and some icyhot.
post #194 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanallen View Post



Oh man, I know that feeling. Earlier this week I did that, plus insanity aslyum, then went out and danced for a few hours. I couldn't walk for days! I highly suggest the P90X recovery drink, and some icyhot.


 

I actually study natural health as a hobby. I formulated my own drink which is better than the p90x drink. The p90x recovery drink has a few things in It that I don't want to take

post #195 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenoth View Post

Week two completed. Still finding difficulties stuffing myself with ~2200 calories per day, but I've sort of remedied the problem but adding even more olive oil to just about everything I cook. Noticing muscle gains/firmness just about everywhere, and my weight has stayed the same thus far (once you deduct 3lbs from creatine water retention). Week two was horribly relaxed in comparison to week one, and I'm working on pushing myself to failure on everything this week. No pauses during plyo, extra resistance on everything in general, less half-assing on the ab x v-ups.

average macros consist of the following per day:
230g/protein, 165g/carbs/65g fat

Sound decent to finish up phase 1, or should I up/lower something? 5' 9.5", 160lbs, 20y/o, semi-active lifestyle (with p90x taken out of the equation)

This is an honest question and not meant to be antagonistic -- How on earth are you consuming 230g of protein while having trouble reaching 2200 calories?

Are you consuming enough real food?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › **The Official P90X Thread**