or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › **The Official P90X Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official P90X Thread** - Page 12

post #166 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

No, a scoop a day would not be too much. A scoop is like 20g of protein at most. If you want to build a ton of muscle, your not gonna do it via P90X

Yes it's to build some mucsle but it focuses more on toning.
post #167 of 240
before

714.jpg

after 10 days

C360_2011-08-1600-10-07b.jpg

I'm 40 years old
post #168 of 240
Pretty monstrous legs for a week and a half.
post #169 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaw01 View Post

before

714.jpg

after 10 days

C360_2011-08-1600-10-07b.jpg

I'm 40 years old

I mean this is in the nicest possible way but fuck you.
post #170 of 240
10 days? Wow. That degree of change took me 90 days and I still don't have very good abs definition.
post #171 of 240
I was working out about 3 days a week with no real routine and some coworkers were talking about P90X and Insanity so I decided to give it a try. The circuit training, HIIT stuff burns alot of calories.

I stopped the starbucks, coca cola, m&ms, and any shit junk food. I'm doing P90X and Insanity. I lost 3 inches off the waist in about 2 weeks. I did this shit non stop for 25 days with about one rest day. Currently, I'm taking a rest week because all of my old ass joints are fucking hurting.
post #172 of 240
I believe it's safe to assume "10 days" is a typo.
post #173 of 240
Nope, the pics above were 10 days. I think it was the weight loss from the insanity workouts more than P90X.


edit: Just finished the P90X Chest and Back. I should have waited 2 more days before starting up again. I had a decent workout but everything seems harder now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenoth View Post

I believe it's safe to assume "10 days" is a typo.

Edited by oaw01 - 9/1/11 at 8:10pm
post #174 of 240
So is it true the greatest results are during phase 3? Or has teambeach body pulled the most elaborate scam ever?

On day 18? Stomach area is still skinnyfat, but I think i'm loosing fat off the chest area-- pretty happy it appears I don't have a hormonal issue. I'm avoiding weekly weighing, measuring and photos because I can get pretty hung up on such shit. I suppose next time I do p90x (2nd trial) I'll pay more attention to such stuff. As for diet, I've elimated nearly all sweets/junk food (my anxiety made me a near complusive/binge eater on occasion) with the exception of a boba tea once a week and iced coffee every other day (sweetened with stevia).
post #175 of 240
Finishing up day six today, and I've been pondering something since day 3.

What's the consensus on resistance bands? As of now, my only free weights are dumbbells from 5 -> 22.5lbs/arm, and I can see myself graduating out of these next week at the latest. Can you achieve the same amount of muscle growth (size, as tone is supposedly very doable with bands) with bands? Would a set of "strong man" 254lb bodylastics bands provide difficulty for the full 90 days and beyond, or should I invest in an even more powerful set?

$100 is much more attractive to me for a set of lightweight bands, than $350+ for 50lb adjustable dumbbells that will cost more to move in the coming months than they're worth.

Chris
post #176 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenoth View Post

Finishing up day six today, and I've been pondering something since day 3.

What's the consensus on resistance bands? As of now, my only free weights are dumbbells from 5 -> 22.5lbs/arm, and I can see myself graduating out of these next week at the latest. Can you achieve the same amount of muscle growth (size, as tone is supposedly very doable with bands) with bands? Would a set of "strong man" 254lb bodylastics bands provide difficulty for the full 90 days and beyond, or should I invest in an even more powerful set?

$100 is much more attractive to me for a set of lightweight bands, than $350+ for 50lb adjustable dumbbells that will cost more to move in the coming months than they're worth.

Chris

I bought these from sports authority for $299
http://www.amazon.com/Weider-100-Pound-Adjustable-Select---Weight/dp/B0045GVDTW/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1315003168&sr=1-1
post #177 of 240
Half way through second round of p90x and have lost of 30 lbs. Weight loss had been very slow, but in the second month of the second time doing it, weight just suddenly started dropping extremely quickly! Just 11 more lbs to go.
post #178 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenoth View Post

Finishing up day six today, and I've been pondering something since day 3.

What's the consensus on resistance bands? As of now, my only free weights are dumbbells from 5 -> 22.5lbs/arm, and I can see myself graduating out of these next week at the latest. Can you achieve the same amount of muscle growth (size, as tone is supposedly very doable with bands) with bands? Would a set of "strong man" 254lb bodylastics bands provide difficulty for the full 90 days and beyond, or should I invest in an even more powerful set?

$100 is much more attractive to me for a set of lightweight bands, than $350+ for 50lb adjustable dumbbells that will cost more to move in the coming months than they're worth.

Chris

bodylastics are very good as each band is labeled with a corresponding weight equivalent. Order an extra black or orange band for heavy duty resistance, look on the bottom of the page for a deal on orange bands http://www.bodylastics.com/allproducts/ .

Edited by willpower - 9/3/11 at 11:29pm
post #179 of 240
starting back and biceps in week five today. I've been doing Ab Ripper X before the workout so I can be as intense with it as I can. Also, I feel its a great warm up so I can skip the warm up section on the actual workout dvd and go right to the stretching. Save 5 to 7 mins that way.

I've also been using this site to help track my calories. http://www.myfitnesspal.com Its really easy to enter in the food but the workouts I kinda have to fudge. Mostly I just enter "push-up, sit-ups ( vigorous) which seem about right.

I'm 5'10" and I started at about 165 and I've lost about 10 lbs so far.

Also, check it

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x2-workout-the-next-p90x.do
post #180 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1000 View Post

starting back and biceps in week five today. I've been doing Ab Ripper X before the workout so I can be as intense with it as I can. Also, I feel its a great warm up so I can skip the warm up section on the actual workout dvd and go right to the stretching. Save 5 to 7 mins that way.

I've also been using this site to help track my calories. http://www.myfitnesspal.com Its really easy to enter in the food but the workouts I kinda have to fudge. Mostly I just enter "push-up, sit-ups ( vigorous) which seem about right.

I'm 5'10" and I started at about 165 and I've lost about 10 lbs so far.

Also, check it

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x2-workout-the-next-p90x.do

Im the same height/weight as you, and have been using MFP for months as well. Although I'm sure you've heard this before- the best way to figure out your calorie burn is to wear a heart-rate monitor. Using Abs X might work as a "warmup", but I'd still implement a couple minutes of light stretching before the routine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › **The Official P90X Thread**